The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Reminder

Llyssa

Curious anger here.

Perhaps I was unclear: They can't stop doing X/Y/Z because there are people whose only job here is X/Y/Z. There's some misconception that having the people doing x/y/z stop would somehow create manpower for Q and T.

The point is, the people who do X/Y/Z have little to no serviceable skills on Q or T, which means you're either asking them to do something they're not any good at, or requesting they be fired in favor of people who have skills for Q or T.

Yes, sometimes Q or T needs to be done, but that has absolutely nothing to do with X/Y/Z. Why the connection is even created in people's minds, I don't know.

It's rather aggravating that instead of giving constructive feedback, people keep insisting "stop X, do Q", and they like sticking to that point as if it makes sense. Amusingly, most of their interpretations usually also include a very specific demand for how Q should be, generally that likewise displays ignorance of what Q is to begin with. That's also unhelpful for other reasons, but is generally paired with the "stop X, do Q".

It'd be nice if we actually had more "this is what seems wrong to me", without the half-baked ideas or bizarre employment roster changes. I don't imagine the half-baked ideas will stop any time soon, as they can be confused as fully thought out concepts. However, the employment roster changes don't actually reflect anything remotely useful.

At the very least, I'd hope people would realize ideas are half-baked if they remember their employment roster shakeups won't help the process. If stopping X is a requirement of your rendition of Q, perhaps your rendition of Q isn't a very good rendition. Maybe realizing that will make them come up with something good, or at least change how they explain what they envision for Q.

That would be generally useful, and possibly, just maybe, actually get Q under way.

Well, those people are morons, the lot of them or they're misinformed by their imbecile friends don't are very close minded.

The next person that says they should stop content updating and fix fix fix should be smacked across the face by Batman because he is a moron.

Cue in the meme.

We can't actually pin topics. Only forum administrators (DE Staff) can.

That being said, if it were to be pinned, there'd need to be some minor edits 'cause it's a touch abrasive in language. Not rule breaking, but not exactly kind when it comes to its wording.

So the admins have trust issues with you mods for pinned topics. That's too bad.

So the admins have trust issues with you mods for pinned topics. That's too bad.

It's not really a trust issue. It'a more of a PR issue. Pinned topics are topics that are endorsed by DE staff, and because we community moderators are not actually DE staff (just volunteers from the community), we can't speak on their behalf on what topics they endorse, feel should be pinned, etc.

The question is how is white knighting worse than being a little ball of hate?

because it implies what I'm saying is biased and one sided. Which is something I feel strongly against.

People will so easily jump to "Well you're clearly white knighting" instead of coming up with valid points for their argument.

While project leaders obviously keep working on the areas they specialize in, there's a LOT of support staff that can move between projects in order to establish priority.

The forums (especially the feedback section) provide customer feedback as to where to focus priority.

For example, the staff requirement needs for tweaking existing level design (such as when they got rid of that annoying 'roll from the pipe into the chasm' at the end of Grineer levels after it being brought up in a devstream) and the requirements for creating new levels are very similar. DE is more than able to prioritize one over the other, and they're likely looking at the forums for feedback on which way to lean.