Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat / Friends Offline -> A Official Statement?

calgon

Dear devs,

We love your work and we want to give you the monies you deserve. I already gave you my monies, as many other people did. You did a very good job so far.

But, there are tons of others/friends which want to give you the monies too.

For example, they want to support you with those founder-packages.

The problem is, there is no official statement to that "Strict nat / Friends offline"-stuff, so how should they invest into something, which will "possibly" never fixed, and keeps them from playing with those said friends?

The question is, if it has something to do with that networkstructure of WF, if its a engine thingy .. etc..

In other words : Is it a problem which is solvable/fixable, or is it something that deeply hides in the code of WF, so the amount of time/ressource investment is not realistcally affordable, aka. you would have to rewrite tons of codes?

Its a difficult statement, which Im asking for, and normally I would'nt do that, but I don't want to convice friends to invest into something, which is broken from the start and will die shortly afterwards.

Also, I bet Im not the only one which is waiting since weeks for a statement on this, and not an answer like "Have you checked our stickies/support.warframe/your router".

A "Were on it / We know about it / Its on our list / Its fixable" would be already more then enough.

Im confident, that DE is able to reply on this, as they already did on various topics in a very good/awesome manner, with hopefully good news.

Thanks for the reading and your time!

Edit: My english sucks, I know.

Edited by calgon

it is possible, but it's difficult

they can remove it(the strict NAT), by making all of the players connected to the server...

currently, warframe server is only receiving report from your host, it's your host that do the calculation, mobs spawning, etc.

hope you know what i mean there..

oh and correct me if I'm wrong, i write this based on my own inspection

My router doesn't allow me to port forward, and my UPnP apparently doesn't work..

I'll have Strict NAT forever.. <3

same here bro, my ISP disables port forward :)

Edited by naskapal

it is possible, but it's difficult

they can remove it(the strict NAT), by making all of the players connected to the server...

currently, warframe server is only receiving report from your host, it's your host that do the calculation, mobs spawning, etc.

hope you know what i mean there..

oh and correct me if I'm wrong, i write this based on my own inspection

same here bro, my ISP disables port forward :)

This doesnt sound cool, I hope we'll get an answer soon :o ...

For me its working perfectly, well, with the usual flaws of an beta game ... But my friends have similiar problems as you guys.

Well as long as I opened the first of the mentioned port-pairs, it worked like a charm. I thought even the lowest-budget routers allow port forwarding nowadays :S (Hence, I have a 5-6 years old mediocre one)

i've opened the port, it's just my ISP that blocks it

my ISP : "you want that port opened? get a better plan and we will make a policy about it"

me: screw that, i still can do private game, or solo

Dear devs,

We love your work and we want to give you the monies you deserve. I already gave you my monies, as many other people did. You did a very good job so far.

But, there are tons of others/friends which want to give you the monies too.

For example, they want to support you with those founder-packages.

The problem is, there is no official statement to that "Strict nat / Friends offline"-stuff, so how should they invest into something, which will "possibly" never fixed, and keeps them from playing with those said friends?

The question is, if it has something to do with that networkstructure of WF, if its a engine thingy .. etc..

In other words : Is it a problem which is solvable/fixable, or is it something that deeply hides in the code of WF, so the amount of time/ressource investment is not realistcally affordable, aka. you would have to rewrite tons of codes?

Its a difficult statement, which Im asking for, and normally I would'nt do that, but I don't want to convice friends to invest into something, which is broken from the start and will die shortly afterwards.

Also, I bet Im not the only one which is waiting since weeks for a statement on this, and not an answer like "Have you checked our stickies/support.warframe/your router".

A "Were on it / We know about it / Its on our list / Its fixable" would be already more then enough.

Im confident, that DE is able to reply on this, as they already did on various topics in a very good/awesome manner, with hopefully good news.

Thanks for the reading and your time!

Edit: My english sucks, I know.

Thank you for your question. This issue has been around for quite a while and the team as created tools for our players to help diagnose their network in order to help us.

Currently, this is where we start when this problem occurs:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/22960567-All-my-friends-contact-list-shows-up-as-offline

Running this tool and doing all the necessary steps is crucial - are "All Systems Nominal?"

If you and your friends are online at the same time, both see "All Systems Nominal", but still appear offline together, let me know!

If you've heard this advice before I'm sorry.

i've opened the port, it's just my ISP that blocks it

my ISP : "you want that port opened? get a better plan and we will make a policy about it"

me: screw that, i still can do private game, or solo

Same problem.

All ports that Warframe could possible using (hell, I even checked my netstat.log for it) are opened, but my internet provider is blocking some of them for..uh "reasons" I guess.

So yea, can't join a big amount of friends, cant join most of any matches and getting dc'ed with error 10051 all the time.

I will be switching my internet provider, but this will take some time...

Is there a tool out there that I can run to test whether the port fowarding works? Apart from the one in game? An objective review of my setup, so to speak.

What really bugs me is that some friends can see me and one guy cannot. And his end tells him all things are nominal and I get the Strict NAT message (forwarding should be set up).

(The other friends who can see me also the All things nominal evaluation.)

Edited by Bomben

Is there a tool out there that I can run to test whether the port fowarding works? Apart from the one in game? An objective review of my setup, so to speak.

You can use of the many Port forwarding check programs available

Edited by whitehorus

Thank you for your question. This issue has been around for quite a while and the team as created tools for our players to help diagnose their network in order to help us.

Currently, this is where we start when this problem occurs:

https://digitalextre...s-up-as-offline

Running this tool and doing all the necessary steps is crucial - are "All Systems Nominal?"

If you and your friends are online at the same time, both see "All Systems Nominal", but still appear offline together, let me know!

If you've heard this advice before I'm sorry.

Thanks for your very fast response DERebecca. While my friends already did everything which was already mentioned in the stickies, on the support.warframe stuff, in the link you mentioned.. etc.. the problem has still not resolved.

But maybe I didnt understand the answer correctly: Do you need for fixing the problem more logs/tickets from people?

Or is this the current and future state; "When you want to play WF with your friends and it says Strict Nat/All systems are not nominal, follow those guides / forget it?"

In other words; Does this statement mean, that the problem is user/clientsided _only_, instead of beeing a flaw of WF's engine / networksystem itself? Does that mean, that DE thinks this is a 100% client problem?

Sorry if I was not clear enough in my opening post.

Edit: Becouse of the posts of the other users here I see it as important to ask also this;

What about those people which can't really forward their ports becouse of their ISP, are they really forced to change their ISP if they want to play together? For some people this is just not possible, but I think they can explain it a way better then me.

Edited by calgon

Can you confirm that you and your friend are both online, receiving an "All Systems Nominal" Message, yet still appear offline to eachother?

If so, then more logs will be helpful.

Regretfully I don't have the technical information necessary to make the statement you are requesting. The staff that are capable of such a statement are making improvements to our game, but I will request more information from them.

Thanks!

there should be a way to join players by names, because i cant see my friend online, but if we go to the same planet together chances we will get paired and play together (without anyone), i can even chat with my friend that shows as offline :p

Can you confirm that you and your friend are both online, receiving an "All Systems Nominal" Message, yet still appear offline to eachother?

If so, then more logs will be helpful.

Regretfully I don't have the technical information necessary to make the statement you are requesting. The staff that are capable of such a statement are making improvements to our game, but I will request more information from them.

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm that 'friend' Calgon was speaking about and since I'm the one having problems with strict NAT let me jump into this conversation.

As I've already described in this topic (last post on page 2) we've tried everything within our power to get this thing to work. Calgon is getting "All systems nominal". I'm getting "Strict NAT detected" every single time. It looks like until new solutions appear I can either try some very unsecure software or change my ISP and I am not willing to do any of that. And while I can't speak for Calgon, I believe what he ment to ask is "Are the developers aware that forwarding ports does NOT help with strict NAT issues for many people AND is there something being done with that?'.

If you need me to provide you with any kind of logs, screenshots, videos, whatever, I'd more than happy to do so, just tell me what you need and how can I aquire this.

Have a nice day,

Captain Funky

The issue i have is slightly more specific, there is only one contact that appears offline but we can both join mutual friends who are hosting. Now in addition to not being able to "see" each other online, should a mutual friend join a game hosted by one of us and the other attempts to join them, it is unable to connect.

Before you ask, yes, all systems are displayed as nominal. I will attempt to attain both sets of logs and any other data, then update my post.

Hopefully Captain Funky and the others with such issues can provide enough data to solve this problem in a positive way :o!

Thanks for the response, looking forward for that staff-statement-reply :D !

Seems i also will have a eternal strict NAT too, since neither UPnP, or forwarding ports worked so far. Tho i can connect to my friends and play the game normally as if my NAT wasn't restricted at all, which make me ponder if the game isn't just miss flagging me as so.

This has been a persistent problem for me as well. 'All system nominal is returned in-game using 3960 and 3962 yet these ports are closed by my isp, found here:

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I am able to see certain friends I met in pug matches but real life friends I can never see online. My friend is however able to join a match of mine already in progress but neither of us can see each other online.

my pc is runing through a dmz and it still sais its on strict nat and thats only after a patch 3 days ago, before this i had no problems connectiong to players or games now though. if forwarded ports as well now and i also noticed the game said my upnp was off but its on and has worked fine for everyother player hosted game that runs like this.

I hope all of you have opened a support-ticket, described the issue as best as possible and provided the logs which are needed, additionaly to your post here.

The devs can't solve this issue with your post on this thread alone, they need the logs and as much info as they can get.

Don't forget to mention your Isp and exact routername for example, could be helpful.

Let's be a bit patient now, we can assume, that during the weekend there won't be much progress, but thats expectable and understandable.

I hope all of you have opened a support-ticket, described the issue as best as possible and provided the logs which are needed, additionaly to your post here.

The devs can't solve this issue with your post on this thread alone, they need the logs and as much info as they can get.

Don't forget to mention your Isp and exact routername for example, could be helpful.

Let's be a bit patient now, we can assume, that during the weekend there won't be much progress, but thats expectable and understandable.

for me, I don't need their help...

because it's my ISP problem, and it'll always like that in every game that need ports to be opened..

i know what is my problem, but because the problem is impossible to solve without switching ISP, I still can solo

Seems like you don't get it.

for me, I don't need their help...

While this could be true, they need your help, to fix the issue.

it'll always like that in every game that need ports to be opened..

Everything which is connecting to the net, needs specific ports open. For example, you wouldn't post here, if all of your ports would be closed.

because the problem is impossible to solve without switching ISP

This sounds like you would already know of what the networkingstructure of WF is capable of and how various changes to the code would work out.

Also, have you tried to contact your ISP and demanded that they should open those specific ports? What was their answer?

Please, by all means, go play solo further, but if your interested in actually solving this problem, a post like this (or any other one, this one included) won't help currently, becouse its weekend.

So, like already said... stay patient and wait for the next response.

Seems like you don't get it.

While this could be true, they need your help, to fix the issue.

Everything which is connecting to the net, needs specific ports open. For example, you wouldn't post here, if all of your ports would be closed.

This sounds like you would already know of what the networkingstructure of WF is capable of and how various changes to the code would work out.

Also, have you tried to contact your ISP and demanded that they should open those specific ports? What was their answer?

Please, by all means, go play solo further, but if your interested in actually solving this problem, a post like this (or any other one, this one included) won't help currently, becouse its weekend.

So, like already said... stay patient and wait for the next response.

i've tested with open port check tool.. even port 80 is closed in me...

they relayed it to some port, idk which

i've tried contacted my ISP, answers? pay more, and they'll do all the hard work

they relayed it to some port, idk which

Have you asked about that specific port, which it is?

This is actually a security risk for both sides, so the ISP has to respond on this one... But maybe I'm totally wrong.

Have you asked about that specific port, which it is?

This is actually a security risk for both sides, so the ISP has to respond on this one... But maybe I'm totally wrong.

isn't it really obvious if they refuse to tell? :3