The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Here To White Knight Or Troll - But There Is Something Clearly Holding Us Back From Getting A Refined Game...

ViLeDeth

Spreading out the rewards by using T4 keys seems like a fine idea at the outset, however when you start to dig it tends to seem to show its flaws.  There are players who already struggle at T3, having even harder content would put up a wall around potentially many of the prime items.  Also, that would mean there are that many more keys that need to be grinded for to begin with, putting up yet another layer onto the RNG and diluting the chances of obtaining the keys you need even further still.

And as noted;  T4 definitely wouldn't even slightly appease those asking for more difficulty as it stands.  I'd rather see DE focus on taking the time to get things in line for the long term than applying what is essentially a bandaid fix.

+1

i have already said it. T4 won´t fix anything.

what we need is AI, integrate parkour into gameplay (right now parkour is next to useless), balance checks, making mo system have more depth.

once the game has these things, DE has the base to give us players some challenge, because right now, we start in mercury taking long to kill 1 enemy and dying easily, but we end up fighting 50 enemies at the same time, killing each one of them with one bullet.

there is zero challenge or depth in that, which is what burns us out of this game.

how can we have end-game if the gameplay is boring?

Edited by lautalocos

I appreciate your opinion but you aren't the only one who has acknowledged this problem before. It is something that is inevitable in a community to have players who believe that DE has to pump out content really fast to keep its players in and that it is easy to do so. The problem with this is that DE has kind of submitted to this by releasing new weapons every week and pushing out a system that was incomplete (melee 2.0).  DE can keep pumping out "content" like this, but since the most of the core game play is flawed (RNG) the entire game will fall flat sometime later.  U13 was one of the worst in my opinion since DE was forced to push out melee 2.0 to please its players and then fix it weeks later by adding more stances and combos (still haven't touched the grind issue). Instead of these weekly updates, DE should look to older aspects of the game that need a rework. AI, Stealth, and Parkour 2.0 have been ignored for long enough and this games lack of difficulty stems from AI stupidity and the lack of scaling until high waves of defense or hours of survival. The main problem is that the factions stand no chance against tenno with superior weapons, brains, and powers until they do ridiculous amounts of damage or stun lock you. T4 won't really fix anything as you said since it would dilute key farming in defense or survival making parts harder to obtain.

P.S. This so called endgame we have now is a direct result of veterans whining about the lack of it a few months back. We have caused DE to rush these things and then we complain about how poorly they were implemented. It's actually the playerbase that is causing some of these problems.

Edited by Lqn8r

I think the devs already understand this. If you watch the livestream in you'd notice that Glen and Steve talk a bit about T4 keys. Glen points out what you're saying and says he'd rather see things go wider rather than to just stack up higher tier keys and just end up raising levels. Even when Steve argues for T4 keys he says they can look into better ways to make things more difficult, mechanics wise.

So yeah, I think they do get it.

No it is going to bring to light the issue we are facing when it comes to the direction we want to help usher DE towards. So that we all win.

Please refrain from trolling - I never stepped on your toes, I'm here to make sure you get the same benefits too.

You forgot the fact that you'll need to add a TL;DR if you want the other 99% of the community to actually care.

They're on the right track.

DE does a great job cherry-picking the forums for the stuff they're interested in. What we need to understand, as a community, is that we are not going to agree with every change; our job isn't to make the game, it's to guide the devs and show them the things they might be missing, but then also allow them to make the final decisions.

You forgot the fact that you'll need to add a TL;DR if you want the other 99% of the community to actually care.

I'm at the point where "I" don't care. I won't subject myself to a tl;dr summary just to appease the 250px-ModNarrowMinded.png

I think the devs already understand this. If you watch the livestream in you'd notice that Glen and Steve talk a bit about T4 keys. Glen points out what you're saying and says he'd rather see things go wider rather than to just stack up higher tier keys and just end up raising levels. Even when Steve argues for T4 keys he says they can look into better ways to make things more difficult, mechanics wise.

So yeah, I think they do get it.

Yes I've watch it and was excited to see that DEGlen "got it" even suggested wide over vertical progression for difficulty.

I've never Forma'd any weapon or Warframe since I've played, the game is just too easy =/ agreed OP, I always love a challenge and was disappointed to find the high level areas reduced to lv30-40 when I returned... But, sadly, most people who play these kind of fast paced games want it quick and easy. Back then you had to Forma to be able to kill/survive those high level areas, now... It's just for the numbers really.

Edited by Numerikuu

So I was leveling my Gorgon Wraith the other day on Excalibur, maybe level 15 after Forma. Somewhere on Mars.

Sliding cover to cover, peeking out as I strafe through doorways and exchanging fire down the hallway with Grineer, I duck into an alcove and drop an Ammo Restore. It's almost 15 minutes into a survival, Oxygen is below 40%, and I have a lot of ground to cover between where I'm grabbing cover and the nearest Life Support Capsule. I peek back out and skid across the hallway to a few lockers, spraying through the doorway to bring down some Lancers. More ammo collected, and some health, before sliding up to the door, hammering away at more Lancers. 

Blocking my progress is a Napalm. Rattling off a few dozen rounds, I roll past a flaming missile and corner around some terrain to reload. I roll away as he approaches, narrowly avoiding as his shockwave attack, and scrambling out of the way of another projectile, but my shields are destroyed. I've made it past, but there's a room full of enemies between me and the Capsule. My shields only charge slightly, before being struck by fire from Lancers flanking me. I push forward, hustling close to cover as I try to focus the lighter enemies down, keeping ahead of the Napalm, who stalks after me, still sporting most of his life.

I crouch behind some boxes, reloading, my shields slowly coming back to life as I ready my last full clip of ammunition, not enough to bring the Napalm down, but enough to clear a path. I hug the side of the boxes, launching myself across the room from a wall-run, desperately making for the corner, trying to outrun the mass of enemies until I can find a moment to resupply. I fire wildly down the hallway, blasting a path as I sprint through Lancers and Scorpions, turning to level my fire behind, squeezing the trigger until the hollow clicking signifies I'm out of rounds. I run to the left, up the ramp, activating Life Support with seconds to spare. 

Behind me, the massive door is locked, cornering me. I have the high ground, but not enough ammunition, and a lot of open ground to cross. Already, the gunfire showers against the wall, a rapidly rising tempo as a Heavy Gunner draws a bead on me. From the hallway behind, the Napalm emerges with a swarm of Lancers scattering on either side. The ammunition from the Ammo Restores ticked away as I fired down the stairs, mowing down the Scorpions as they scampered in my direction.

So as I sit there, biding my time until I can jump the railing and get behind the Napalm and Heavy Gunner to make a break for it, firing in short bursts at the light troops to clear a path, I remember this is why I keep Excalibur Reactor-free. So that I'm not walking through missions, ignoring enemies and spamming powers. Because the intensity of ducking between points of cover, picking targets in short bursts, and having to get on my heels when I see a dangerous enemy, is fun. It's real firefights, not just mowing down helpless enemies or just spamming melee to carve through a mass of targets.

It's being in danger. Not being safe. The intensity is great, because there's no "lull" in combat, it's a "moment to catch your breath".