Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/open] Crashed Pod ( Season 9631! The Hybrarians! )

-Ropefish-

"Fili." Evangeline whispered, "I'm sorry, they're the only hope for my son. You have to trust me, I'll buy you back if I have to, all of you, but I need you now, to show no fear, please." She said, stepping forward, about to put a hand on Fili's shoulder,

"How touching." The corpus executive chuckled, and Evangeline recoiled, composing herself, and looking at the executive,

"I've brought her, along with other things." She said, gesturing at Omega,

"Excellent, with this, I can accomplish my newest venture, come, tenno, and let me show you, your son, alive, well, and then we may complete, our final transaction," the corpus executive said, turning and leaving, followed by Evangeline, who beckoned to Fili.

Fili stood in her spot, not wanting to follow Evan, not wanting to follow the Corpus, not wanting to enter the ship. After a couple of seconds she followed in fear of what might happen if she resisted, whilst also knowing full well Omega would carry her would she not carry herself. She was shaking, fearful, her eyes watering. She didn't know to be close or far from Evangeline, deciding on a middle ground, not close but not too far either.

She couldn't take this. She needed comfort, or atleast a voice. "Th-thalia..."

Fili followed, stopping when she saw the labratory. She didn't want to go in. She wanted to turn and run, even though she knew it was futile. Thalia's words convinced her not to, however, her taking a deep breath before entering, as if she were just about to dive into the ocean.

"Th-thalia. N-Natalia, Halcyon, U-Urza... they're g-going to come for me, r-right?"

The Liset approached the abandoned holes, and Al started to adjust the Liset so that it can land into the hole without much chance of scraping the Liset, or crashing it. Once it was adjusted, and the ship landed, Yvlo told Al not to open up the boarding ramp for now, and went to where Zarine and Zephyr were chatting. 

"So, anything you two like to do now that we're back home, or hopefully?", he asked them, sitting down beside Zarine as he did so. 

"Er... rest for a while?", Zephyr hesitantly replied, not believing herself that she said that, for she always have enough energy to keep on going even if a rather large catastrophe were to befall on her, and it was not lost on Zarine and Yvlo, whom looked at her rather strangely. They then looked at each other, shared a quick look, then looked back at Zephyr

"Never would hear you say that.", Yvlo chuckled, and Zarine smiled along with him. 

Dalagan got out of the grineer fort and behind a good boulder as the grineer fort got blown up by the mysterious time bomb what was either left by Grineer or somebody else. Dalagan pulled the cylinder hanging on his back the content is still there. Then he opened up the picture what his light income stabilizing sun glasses took. He couldn't find out who left the bomb but about one thing he was sure. It was meant to blow up the fort or kill him.

Explosion barely damaged things outside of the fort but one thing was sure. It must be heard to quite long distance.

The osprey was left behind, I don't think Omega destroyed it... If it went for help... I Don't know... Thalia tried, I don't know if Urza even knows you're gone... She finished.

Evangeline looked at her son for a couple seconds, watching as the final stabilizer arrived, and was used, her son coughed, and woke, and they began removing an oxygen tube from his throat, helping him stand and bringing him into the room with his mother in it.

"What have you done?" He whispered, a voice he hadn't used for 28 years hoarse.

"What I had to." Evangeline whispered, "I love you, never forget that." She said, taking a metal cylinder off her back, which sharpened itself to a needle point, she closed her eyes, taking a breath as the corpus executive gasped, the Javelin through his chest,

"Fili, they have a fail safe, get him to Halcyon, they won't chase you." She said, raising a hand, causing every corpus crewman on the ship to cease motion, held still magnetically,

"Go." She whispered, her son blinked, and slowly backed away, until he grabbed Fili by the elbow,

"C'mon, I know what she's gonna do." He said, breathless even from the slight exertion.

"You'll have to help me." Evan's son gasped, "Haven't walked all that much," He chuckled, but hobbled ahead, leading the way.

With her one hand still raised, she turned to look at the corpus executive,

"I am Evangeline, daughter of Milthras, son of Halcyon. And you have scorned me, prepare to never do that again." She said, raising her other hand, the floor and walls around her groaning as they were shredded.

Fili continued supporting the man, struggling through it. She was weak now, weak without the robotic strength that had left her long ago. And there was something else nearby, too. Something resistant to the magnetic powers that otherwise tore apart the ship. Faint sounds of claws on metal, only available for pickup by the superhuman sensors.

Another Liset approached, Filitous watching as the stars seemingly flew by.

"We are here. Omega said, the thought occurring to carry tem were they to falter, placing them on the floor of the Liset and once again interfacing with Delta,

"Delta, take off." He ordered, and Delta emitted a buzzer sound,

"There is still one more tenno aboard the other vessel, with haste, she can leave now and make it here before the core meltdown." Delta said, and Evangeline's focus slipped, releasing the guards held still for a moment, they began racing toward the Liset, either incredibly faithful, or hoping to evacuate via it.

"I see the situation." Delta said simply, engaging the airlock and leaving the other ship, turning and uplinking with communications, noticing another Liset inbound.

"Hello? Tenno, come in, I have weak and wounded, is anyone there?" The communicator behind them said, fluctuating to simulate Delta's vocal patterns. Halcyon turned to the communicator,

"Delta, cloak, we will meet on Earth's surface, these coordinates." He said, specifying where to land in a message, giving the same coordinates to the ancient Frost, who nodded, and brought them towards the planet's surface.

Evangeline's son was looking through the Liset's window, the Liset had looped around, heading towards Earth's surface, giving him a view of the ship his mother was on. The ship crunched, then compacted before him, nothing in it could've survived. He looked away, not shedding a tear, but leaning against the codex area, coming a seat on the floor.

Yea, Thalia murmured, Omega saved us, he seems to be back to normal, but I'd be happy to check him if you could touch him somehow. Thalia explained.

'Bout twenty seconds before that^

Evangeline knew this was it, she couldn't leave, and they would torture her, perhaps even turn her against her son if she gave up, so she closed her eyes, balancing at a point between rage and serenity, and clapped her hands together, whispering

"I love you." To a son flying away, the ship was crunched like a soda can, only the room Evangeline was in remained intact, life support failing, lights deactivating, she let out a final breath.

Halcyon, watching from the Ancient Frost's Liset, did something strange upon seeing the ship destroyed, he touched his index and middle finger of his right hand to his forehead, his lower abdomen, and then on two spots near his shoulders. A piece of a forgotten religion, he laughed in the face of those who actually worshipped a higher power, especially when they tried to bless him, considering he believed he had no soul, but those born of him, they seemed more real than he'd ever be, a life given, not made, so he honored them in death, the Ancient Frost had no taunt for them, and they entered Earth's atmosphere side by side with the other Liset.

Edited by ultimatumcore

FIli let out a small, internal sigh of relief that she was safe, although this knowledge had spread over to her nerves, causing her to shake still. She moved from her spot, going to the top to get to Omega, slightly afraid of doing so incase he wasn't yet normal. She went up just intime to see the ship's destruction, standing silently in her spot whilst staring blankly.

"Di-did she...?"

Filitous looked at the ship as it seemingly imploded, looking to Halcyon after. Much like the Ancient Frost she had no words to say, going back to staring blankly out of the Liset window. The Osprey also had no beeps to tell.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Fili turned to Watcher when he appeared, giving him a hug. "It's okay..." knowing she had to get to mega, she broke off the hug and approached the egg shaped sentinel, getting more nervous the closer she got.

"H-hey Omega..."

Filitous stepped out of the ship, the Osprey close behind. They watched together as Halcyon left, the Osprey keeping its stare, FIlitous turning to the Ancient Frost after being sure Halcyon left earshot.

"I don't have to act infront of you, do I?" she said with Natalia's voice.

Thalia gave Fili a notice, not having clearance to do more, advising her to block or dodge, giving her understanding of how to do so.

Fili! Move! Thalia also said, Look around, find something to defend yourself with. She urged.

"Before me, one can not act, though I would suggest you retain your guise, we never know what that osprey tells," the Frost said, seemingly amused by the situation, "I have a love of books, of stories, yours is one that, seems, like it could be great, but as always, some elements won't always turn correctly, and you may surprise yourself." He said, knowing his words were bordering, if not completely, nonsensical. "Though I do ask that you refrain from injuring my actual student for the time you spend looking like her."

Fili started to panic at Thalia's words, although not knowing what she were on about. Turning around and seeing Watcher attempting to stab her she screamed up, moving backwards out of panic, not seeing anything of use around.

The Osprey was indeed staring, curious. That is, until Filitous waved her hand towards it. at this point it began moving sparatically, spazzing out midair, eyes flashing in alarm until a thump to the ground, eyes dimming down. A second later it flashed back to life, hovering back up as if nothing happened.

Filitous did not acknowledge the Osprey after the wave, putting her full attention back to the Frost. "Your student has not yet come to harm, and I am aiming it be kept this way unless physically impossible. She is currently hidden and safe."

Fili didn't have the time nor the speed to dodge the slash, taking the hit and falling over. Shirt torn, her armour was visible underneath, no longer the perfect white, seemingly weaker, thinner, a large gash where she were hit. It may have stopped one attack, but couldn't stop another. One more hit in the same area would break through.

Fili was on the ground, shaking with tears in her eyes. She looked up at her attacker, frozen by both fear and disbelief.

Fili screamed in pain when he drove the sword into her stomach, barely stopped by her armour. Any bit of added pressure and the blade would stab through. With weak hands she grabbed Watcher's arm and tried feebly to push him away, looking him in the eyes, tears streaming down her face.

"P-please."

The Watcher couldn't add more pressure. "Why won't you die?!?!" He shouted.

Nanomachines-son.png

Strangely fits, since Fili is made out of nanomachines afterall

Fili continued trying to hold him away, losing strength fast, clenching her eyes shut as due to strain.

"P-please Watcher" she got out.

Omega activated, receiving some orders, and turned around to see the watcher in the ship.

"Delta." He said, who acknowledged, shutting the entrance ramp, charging the air inside the ship with ions as Omega activated his generators, electrical interference thrown off but the new ones, causing slight disruptions in the spacial and temporal matrixes, teleporting away would not be an option, and attempting to do so would result in a very unpleasant dispersal of the atoms that made up the enemy's being. Assorted pieces of the ship floated from the walls and ground, sharpening themselves,

"Explain yourself, and you will soon face judgement, and death," Omega said, his single eyes turning red.

Fili! It's hard to concentrate, I'll, try to take the pain, I've sent a message to Urza, she'll be here soon Thalia said, doing her best to alleviate Fili's pain.