Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You Have Something Here

Instinction

With these cool new alert missions I found myself doing something in Warframe I haven't actually done in awhile.

Having fun.

The major reasons why:

1) Immersion. This is something the game is really lacking I feel like. Sure Lotus chimes in throughout you average mission but it's not something that pulls you into the game.

The new Alad V stuff is really really good. It pulled me and made me think. There was substance to it.

2) Risk and reward. These missions, despite the average enemy level are kinda tough! As most of you have probably noticed, these Corpus are obviously on infesteroids or something cuz they hit like trucks!

It's actually really fun and I've seen people go down in each mission I've played in so far.

The missions are longer due to the extended amount of enemies, but they don't feel long or like they drag on at all! In fact I found myself wishing there were more.

Whatever the change of scaling is in these enemies, I honestly thing it should be put that way across the game. It finally felt right! Enemies that are tough and require you to act tactically and at the same time aren't just going to steamroll your entire squad.

Also the rewards make me feel like I've ACTUALLY accomplished something for my effort, which is a trait Warframe is unfortunately lacking in. I very rarely ever feel like I get anything good out of accomplishing a more difficult mission.

To be concise:
Warframe needs more immersion, this really makes the game so much more enjoyable (and would you believe it, this ties hand-in-hand to lore).

Warframe need more missions where the risk and/or challenge of those missions makes you feel like your actually accomplishing something worth taking on that mission for.

Anyways, thanks to DE for giving us these really cool missions. I hope these will somehow be implemented in a fashion that they will stick around for the future, and also possible consideration into making the scaling of the enemies of these alert missions the new norm.

Edited by Instinction

Just give every Enemy out there the "infesteroid treatment" and the game becomes instantly more fun.. and so that all the noobs out there won't quit make it an optional "hard mode".

I would like this, with the increased rewards. Maybe not as profound as the alerts obviously, but something more than just a few extra creds.

Maybe a random "hard mode" reward distributor? DE does seem to love their RNG after all, and it sounds like a fantastic idea in my head.

Plus it's different from Nightmare. Nightmare isn't really a hard more per se`. It just removes some normal aspect of the game, which I personally don't like. I would rather the enemies just be harder, that being handicapped in some way,

Yeah, I really like these missions a lot. Even though their lower level makes the enemies squishy enough to just ult through, taking your time (or watching people run in and die) is quite fun(ny). I definitely hope there are more missions like these in the future, even if they are just an alternate to nightmare mode.

Wait the Corpus on Infested asteroids are actually nightmare type enemies that is why they do so much damage.If you want to have fun just go do some nightmare missions whenever you complete all missions on a planet.

Did i add that in Nightmare missions types you lose energy or have your health drained or no shields? well this is Nightmare mode hope you like it.Because no one likes it.

Indeed these missions are considerably more interesting from multiple points of view.

Immersion(could use a little work but it's better then before I guess), challenge, a reward that's worth going thru the challenge(not asking for 300 oxium missions all the time.But seriously no one is even going to look at 5k credit alerts these days.) are all present here.

My only suggestion (which I previously made in a thread regarding these missions) would be to reduce the total number of enemy spawns and increase each individual enemies health, shields, affinity, loot etc. in order to prevent them from completely swarming you while making sure AoE does not become the norm (heh as if ability spamming isn't a problem already) and perhaps making target prioritization more present in the game.

Edited by Cabadath5

Meh.

The extended playtime is nice, but the increased lethality of the enemies is a joke.

Sure it takes you off guard initially, but they still die en masse when faced with the might of my 4 key.

But then I guess they can't just scale enemies normally since then people would have trouble killing them.

Bleh.

Meh.

The extended playtime is nice, but the increased lethality of the enemies is a joke.

Sure it takes you off guard initially, but they still die en masse when faced with the might of my 4 key.

But then I guess they can't just scale enemies normally since then people would have trouble killing them.

Bleh.

Then stop spamming 4.

I very much like the new mission balance point. It is not perfect (Enemies need something against our AoE skills) but it is a HUGE step in the right direction. Quiet frankly, the balance works of the last few weeks leave me with much hope for the future of the game.

Indeed these missions are considerably more interesting from multiple points of view.

Immersion, challenge, a reward that's worth going thru the challenge(not asking for 300 oxium missions all the time.But seriously no one is even going to look at 5k credit alerts these days.) are all present here.

My only suggestion (which I previously made in a thread regarding these missions) would be to reduce the total number of enemy spawns and increase each individual enemies health, shields, affinity, loot etc. in order to prevent them from completely swarming you while making sure AoE does not become the norm (heh as if ability spamming isn't a problem already) and perhaps making target prioritization more present in the game.

Meh.

Bleh.

Yeah the more and more I think about it, the more I think that putting cooldowns on skills is the only way to go.

There is really no way to make this game challenging when you can just mash 4 every two seconds.

A lot of people would probably get p!$$y, but personally, I think it would be a change worth trying out on the community at least.

Edited by Instinction