The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Clan Logo Resizing. (128X128)

Desamos

Question

15 answers to this question

Do you have Photoshop? With that tool you can easily resize the picture itself to be 128x128 without actually stretching the drawn logo, if you only control Canvas size.

I believe Photoshop CS2 is now free on the Adobe official site. You can try downloading that and test it out if you don't have the tool.

You can do that (above post) with gimp as well.  Your best bet is to just add transparent edges to the sides so you have basically 7 pixles of transparecy one side and 6 the other, to end up with 128x128 and no image distortion.

Edited by Ro-Sunder

I believe, after reading the stuff about it myself, that it is 128x128 in terms of the physical size of the image file.  This means, like noted above, you can have transparency space filling in part of it to make up that extra space.

Anyways, what program did you utilize to resize the image?  I've seen some that seem to be terrible at resizing without distortion or quality loss.  Additionally, how big was the initial image?  Trying to go from stadium sized to peanut sized is no small task.

Hmm, well I've never used photoshop so I'm not gonna pretend I'm some expert on this whole thing.  I also tend to do my editing in less than efficient ways because I'm a dingbat, but here's my suggestion.

Create a new blank image and resize the document size of it to 128x128, then select all on that image and delete it to create a transparent slate more or less.  Then go back to your current oversized image and resize it, on this one choosing the pixels and making sure to maintain the aspect ratio (or some wording like that).  Resize the larger number (1200) to 128 and it should automatically fill in the necessary size for the (1000) appropriately.  Then just Copy that small image and paste it into your blank image and move it so it's as close to being centered as possible and viola.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Edited by Bobtm0

yeah, I think I fixed it from what I understood. The canvas size in photoshop was really big, so when I pixelized the image to 128x128 it would set the canvase with the image, and that would mess it up