Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Destabilizer

(PSN)ratchetcool44

This is my new idea. I call it, the Orokin Destabilizer. It adds one or two mod slots (I am not sure but this is just an idea) but it has the same consequences as a Forma. Your weapon/Warframe must be Rank 30 to use. Once used, your Rank goes back down to zero and you must get it back up to Rank 30. It can only be installed once like an Orokin Catalyst/Reacter. It is rarer than an Orokin Reacter so it is really hard to obtain and I was thinking that it can cost about 30 Platinum. Add ====> Hello, do you have this mod that you really want to put on your Warframe and/or weapon but you just don't have enough Mod slots? With a price of resetting your weapon/Warframe's rank, you can add the mod that you are so desperately wanting installed! Warning, the weapon/Warframe must be rank 30, the Orokin Destabilizer can only be used once, do not use if you are pregnant, or taking other medications, results may vary.

I think this would be far too overpowered unless it also had negative traits included along with something to make it even harder to obtain other than 30 Platinum, rarer than potato alert and rank 30.

Like I said it should come with negative traits such as having your mods inherently cost more or having their effects stifled by 50% unless the mod doesn't have 50% in which case it retains at least 10% of its power. 

Next I would add in a risk factor. The name destabilizer tells me it is dangerous but what kind of danger does it create? Two more slots seems more like a boon than a curse. The removal of the Forma option comes to mind. 

Lastly I would say that your character has to rank up at least 3-5 times to rank 3 after using the OD. After each Forma we get a polarized slot and rank to 30 but the OD is giving us 2 free (maybe polarized) slots so I imagine your Warframe has to be adjusted or calibrated *Insert Garrus Vakarian reference here*. 

As for getting it I would say using gear without any rare mods and no Formas. Then you go into the T4 Void Assassination mission where you kill an Orokin Lephantis. BUT in order to get the blueprint you need to get Stalker Prime to spawn and kill him. Also the drop rate is ridiculously low.

Happy farming.

Edited by OriVerda

No. This could easily be way over-powering. There is no need for extra mod slots then provided.. If you find the right build you're already doing crazy amounts of damage.

have to agree with Ookami on this one

I mean, this is just an idea. Now that OriVerda mentions it, I think that instead of someone just buying one, they will have to ether get one from an alert, or be lucky enough to get one in a mission or as a daily reward.

Daily reward= Too much luck based

Alert= Would be unfair for those without internet/live in different timezones/ invacation

Daily reward= Too much luck based

Alert= Would be unfair for those without internet/live in different timezones/ invacation

How do you play an online game without the internet? Sign me up for that offline Warframe!

Like I said it should come with negative traits such as having your mods inherently cost more or having their effects stifled by 50% unless the mod doesn't have 50% in which case it retains at least 10% of its power. 

Yep this.

I think this would be far too overpowered unless it also had negative traits included along with something to make it even harder to obtain other than 30 Platinum, rarer than potato alert and rank 30.

Next I would add in a risk factor. The name destabilizer tells me it is dangerous but what kind of danger does it create? Two more slots seems more like a boon than a curse. The removal of the Forma option comes to mind. 

Lastly I would say that your character has to rank up at least 3-5 times to rank 3 after using the OD. After each Forma we get a polarized slot and rank to 30 but the OD is giving us 2 free (maybe polarized) slots so I imagine your Warframe has to be adjusted or calibrated *Insert Garrus Vakarian reference here*. 

As for getting it I would say using gear without any rare mods and no Formas. Then you go into the T4 Void Assassination mission where you kill an Orokin Lephantis. BUT in order to get the blueprint you need to get Stalker Prime to spawn and kill him. Also the drop rate is ridiculously low.

Happy farming.

Yea, that is an amazing idea! Make them work for it! Make the T4 assassination key like insanely hard to obtain, then make it so you cant beat the boss alone, you will have to have a team and you will have to work together. The boss will be really hard, so you will give the players a run for their money!

Apology accepted. You have very fine manners kind sir.

*Metaphorical pat on the back to symbolize fraternity and respect*.

You good sir are surprisingly polite among the manys in this community(not implying that it's a bad community). I like you, would you like to go out for some wine and cheese?

No. This could easily be way over-powering. There is no need for extra mod slots then provided.. If you find the right build you're already doing crazy amounts of damage.

If you can get a brakk to 30k DPS with the correct mods installed (making it the highest DPS weapon in the game at the moment), being able to add more mod slots on top of that would make OP weapons rediculously broken.

So yeah, I agree with you. Everything is fine where its at.

This is an interesting concept, but I want to add something that I don't think anyone has mentioned.
Adding a new mod slot would not be as easy as you'd think. In order to put two new mods on, if they were decent mods, you would NEED to potato it and NEED to forma every single slot, which would now mean ten slots, in order to take advantage of this new system. I'm not really for or against this, I'm about 90% sure DE would never go for it, so if it were added to the game, I think DE would find a good way to balance it. Hey, it might let us take advantage of those mods that no one ever uses or gives a crap about.

This is an interesting concept, but I want to add something that I don't think anyone has mentioned.

Adding a new mod slot would not be as easy as you'd think. In order to put two new mods on, if they were decent mods, you would NEED to potato it and NEED to forma every single slot, which would now mean ten slots, in order to take advantage of this new system. I'm not really for or against this, I'm about 90% sure DE would never go for it, so if it were added to the game, I think DE would find a good way to balance it. Hey, it might let us take advantage of those mods that no one ever uses or gives a crap about.

Nof to mention the Mod energy. there is also the mod energy to worry about.

Mod slot is a bit too much, I agree.

How about...allowing player to change the polarity of applied slot freely? The effect should be similar to having one slot that can befitted with any polarity.

Good luck farming though. It should be OMGWTF rare.