Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Aptitude...

BloodArmoredApostle

i'll grant you, 100% would be better than what exists now, but when used in conjunction with hammershot & event mods.. you're looking at what, 260% increase? (100% rifle aptitude, 40% hammershot, 120% event mods) -- used on something like the boar prime that's 104% status chance...

not counting multishot.

if the base chance were altered, using that same setup you'd have: 67.2% status chance not counting multishot mods.

A 260% INCREASE, so you'd have 144% chance and 135.2% Chance.

(40% + (40%*260%) = 144%)

(40% + 12% + ((40%+12%)*160%) = 135.2%)

Cept, of course, Boar Prime cant use Hammer Shot anyways.

Gorgon Wraith would be insane with RA changed to a additive bump. Imagine 27% base status, would be 60%ish with just the event mods. With that insane RoF it would be damn effective. 

I really like the idea of being able to mod that way instead of just going straight damage. Would give us something better than just 'insert 3-4 cookie cutter mods, then insert 3-4 elements, add bane and shred'.

Edited by Darzk

A 260% INCREASE, so you'd have 144% chance and 135.2% Chance.

(40% + (40%*260%) = 144%)

(40% + 12% + ((40%+12%)*160%) = 135.2%)

Cept, of course, Boar Prime cant use Hammer Shot anyways.

Gorgon Wraith would be insane with RA changed to a additive bump. Imagine 27% base status, would be 60%ish with just the event mods. With that insane RoF it would be damn effective. 

I really like the idea of being able to mod that way instead of just going straight damage. Would give us something better than just 'insert 3-4 cookie cutter mods, then insert 3-4 elements, add bane and shred'.

edit: apparently my brain doesn't work sometimes.

apologies.

(30 + 12 + ((42*160%)) = 109.2

Edited by xethier

I'd actually like to see that mod become different from the standard +X% Status Chance mods and actually be a flat percentage addition.  Being possibly around 15-25% at maximum rank.

At roughly that rate it'll allow almost any weapon to benefit reasonably well in some way, shape, or form, without either being brokenly overpowered on basically anything.  Or so my brain says in its thinktitude.

I actually thought that's what they did at first, given the low-low percentages they provide. I thought there was no way in hell that they would add a mod series which were so feeble that even maxed out you'd scarcely even notice a difference. Imagine my horror when I actually equipped one. No matter which way you turn it, those mods are a waste of space in their current state. Any other mod would be a better pick.

and it is 104% (40 * 260%) = 104%

i double checked my math, your mistake was adding the percentage bonus and not multiplying by it..

104% status is ADDED from the mods. You have to add that to the base 40% status chance.

For example, imagine using just one +60% status mod. Your status chance isnt 40%*60% = 24% chance, that'd be a reduction! Its adding 24% chance to your base 40%, so 64% chance.

Edited by Darzk

104% status is ADDED from the mods. You have to add that to the base 40% status chance.

For example, imagine using just one +60% status mod. Your status chance isnt 40%*60% = 24% chance, that'd be a reduction! Its adding 24% chance to your base 40%, so 64% chance.

woah, my mistake.

the numbers are a little insane when you get that high as it is.

it didn't pass the sanity check for me in terms of what would be an acceptable number so my brain rejected it. :P

you're right.