Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Counter

DeadlyNerd

Striking combos blindly and hoping you got it right isn't all that fun.

I, and quite possibly many others, would very much appreciate it if we had some kind of an indicator popping up each time we attempt a combo, in other words strike with a drawn melee weapon.

I was thinking more in lines of:

-display possible combos for current combination of actions

-indicate which action needs to be done next in order to execute a certain combo further (something like dance dance revolution)

-display a timer for the window of opportunity on the next action (for "waiting", grey out the action after that with a timer that displays how long a player needs to wait)

Honestly, the combos would flash far too quickly for many weapons and/or stances, so I don't think it would be effective. Plus, the screen would just be full of even more flashing numbers and words.

Also, just memorize them. At most you have like 3 to remember, and they're generally slight variations lol

Honestly, the combos would flash far too quickly for many weapons and/or stances, so I don't think it would be effective. Plus, the screen would just be full of even more flashing numbers and words.

Also, just memorize them. At most you have like 3 to remember, and they're generally slight variations lol

i agree with this, however there's an inherent problem with combos, you see, my +3berserkered, fury'd orthos prime under the effect of a +power strength speed volt built... i can't combo for crap. heck, sometimes i can't even continue the first strike due to how fast it is.

i agree with this, however there's an inherent problem with combos, you see, my +3berserkered, fury'd orthos prime under the effect of a +power strength speed volt built... i can't combo for crap. heck, sometimes i can't even continue the first strike due to how fast it is.

but that's great :>

WarCry + Speed + Fury + Berserker + Quickening == broke the game.

but to be serious, he has a point. Combo suggestions on the screen would normally be disappearing in less than a second(much faster if you use Speed Mods / Speed Buffs), so you'd need to have them memorized to read the suggestions anyways, which kind've defeats the purpose.

Actually timing is so messed up on these hits that usually it's a matter of fractions of a second that make a difference between 2 combos, 1 that starts with 2x strike - hold and 3x strike - wait

I really wouldn't mind risking epilepsy if I saw an indicator that I missed a combo I was aiming for.

Edited by DeadlyNerd