Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp / Pvevp Maps

Zepidel

This game could really do for some PvP. But I dont bealieve traditional PvP (death match / CtF etc...) would quite fit with the mechanics of the game and warframe abilities (endless tears about balance on the forums). But a map that pits teams against infested/corpus/grineer with an added PvP element could be very fun. For instance 3 teams of 5 spawn on a ship which has an artifact in the center. Each team fights its way through mobs to the center to grab the artifact and return to thier spawn (escape pods). All 3 teams might meet at the center and the battle might be decided there or 1 team would get there ahead of the 2 and it turns into a chase etc...

Anyone else think this game could do for some kind of PvP element? Any ideas?

y-you guys are j-just a bunch of pve babbies :3

Guess what this game was meant to be? PVE....

s-so you can now l-l-l-eave.......

3 teams of 5 ? Biggest joke ever. Sometimes the server cant even handle 4

Edited by Venarge

Never seen this thread topic before...

+1 for originality.

On topic, I don't want to see PVP to be honest. I didn't pay $250 for a PVP game, just like I don't think most players joined up for PVP.

There's plenty of PVP games out there to choose from, I love how Warframe is actually unique.

There may very well be PVP in the very far future, but for now, no thanks.

o-ok t-then :(

I don't want PvP either, but I'm worried this game will become boring very fast if we are confined to missions where we go in, do something, and evacuate. I think the game could benefit from some sort of competitive based PvP, where it's not combat, but things like races etc.

Some other good ideas could be more variation in missions. Maybe they could try adding a small open world area on each planet where people could do multiple objectives?

I think PVP could be an interesting element. In addition to what the OP is suggesting, I'd also like to suggest the ability to invade other player's games. That whole 3 teams of 5 thing, should be reduced to 2 teams of 3, AND it would make having a clan actually meaningful.

Although having other tenno battle against each other would go against their fluff...Maybe they could be renegade tenno?

Kinda like ronin's? :U

Never seen this thread topic before...

+1 for originality.

On topic, I don't want to see PVP to be honest. I didn't pay $250 for a PVP game, just like I don't think most players joined up for PVP.

There's plenty of PVP games out there to choose from, I love how Warframe is actually unique.

There may very well be PVP in the very far future, but for now, no thanks.

Like wise, I enjoy co-op and dislike PvP there's too many games out there that have PvP and strictly PVP based. I got this game because it was PVE and different from every other game out there.

I wouldn't mind competitive play for times or a score for missions but shooting other players I'll pass. Shooter games that add PvP against players seems to attract undesired people, we all know the elitist guys who need to 'teabag' people and so forth then they loose then start hacking to win and then PvP is pointless to do due to too many aim bots. Just look at APB:R, Global Agenda, the list goes on and on.

PvP bores me to death, some NEED to win and when they loose so they start to hack and then legit players leave, game dies

Warframe is a PvE-specific game, with developers, putting a lot of thought into making it good and enjoyable.

That said, some way to pit one warframe against another would be curious, but only as a side-thing, maybe as a part of dojo, at max, if they ever implement it.

Edited by GTG3000

The only pvp I would ever like to see in this game is stat competitions or ghosting for wall running challenges on special wall running courses.

That's a page directly out of Mirror's Edge, it had no multiplayer element, but you could try to do levels an picking a players time to beat, including the top players time and you would run the level with their ghost, it's not the most original idea, pretty redundant if you think about it.

As far as PvP, that's a no, too many games focus on PvP which ends up having very imbalanced mechanics and only a small minority would still play it. And the devs are also trying to make PvE an they end up switching to PvE, leaving a broken PvP feature, Warframe is best suited as a PvE game, they'res much more content you can do with PvE whereas PvP pretty much has everything you can think of including PvEvP, which ends up just being a typical PvP game.

DC Universe Online is more PvE centric even though it has PvP in it, but it's not the greatest and the game keeps going cause of the massive amounts of Content being released for it's PvE. PvP is more of a bonus in that game.

Star Trek Online is the same way.

But with PvE focused games with no MP, devs can focus on straight up content for PvE, more content being released faster means more an more replayability.

Edited by __Kanade__

A pvp part of this game makes absolutely no sense. You are an ancient group of renegade ninjas that are on the brink of extinction. The other factions are out to kill you before you can stop their industrious plans, and a horrible virus is spreading through colonies, turning enemies into horrific creatures. It's either you and the rest of the Tenno , or them. So what do you guys do? Blow each others brains out. Makes perfect sense.

Like wise, I enjoy co-op and dislike PvP there's too many games out there that have PvP and strictly PVP based. I got this game because it was PVE and different from every other game out there.

I wouldn't mind competitive play for times or a score for missions but shooting other players I'll pass. Shooter games that add PvP against players seems to attract undesired people, we all know the elitist guys who need to 'teabag' people and so forth then they loose then start hacking to win and then PvP is pointless to do due to too many aim bots. Just look at APB:R, Global Agenda, the list goes on and on.

PvP bores me to death, some NEED to win and when they loose so they start to hack and then legit players leave, game dies

I agree with you completely. This game doesn't need the jerks from COD coming over and giving this game a negative feel.