Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pay Model System For Warframe. Whats Your Opinion?

Ashajanagu

Its fine like it is. You cant compare this game with BF3.

DE is much smaller than DICE. They cant afford to make such a paying model.....

Good point, I did´nt think about that. I just love the competition to get upgrades over time, not spend money for it. its ruining the ingame experience for me if its the only way. I like the idea of having this carrot ahead of me when exploring the dark wonderful world of Warframe, to get new items. but truth is that you have the blueprints so in that way they set a good aproach for different players I guess.

I don't believe a 1 off payment would work, as stated i don't think it would generate enough sales to cover continuing development costs. I would be happy with a subscription though, pay X a month and get x platinum at the start of the month + maybe some other stuff (discounts in market etc. etc.). This would probably only work with more conetent, as it stands i don't think there are enough things to warrant paying regularly (this is not a complaint, just an observation). I've bought plat already, in a qty more than i would pay for a single game on release, and this way i can pay when something new comes out, supporting the decs.

I don't believe subscription players should get anything over non though, the devs have done a good job of making sure anything with plat, can also be gotten in game (apart from a couple of things) and i would like this to continue.

I think you are right about the devs making it possible with the blueprints. Its good to hear your thoughts about it. For me I only paid for subscriptions one and I think its seldom worth it. I allready got my telephone bill and internet bill. Lik

It works.

I've played World of Tanks myself and have multiple premium tanks, have a tier 10 and have paid for Premiums for at least up to a year. Their microtransactions work the same with any other game that's F2P = Convenience.

It saves you the time you can't spare for the money that you can.

I say Warframe is fine as it is. Perhaps they could decrease their rates slightly or reduce the costs of certain things, but it is currently, fine.

I also got prem tanks, but the gam itself is built upon battles, this game is built around missions, So I fail to see it as the same thing,

You miss the point in what I wrote. I dont want this game to be F2P, I want it to be a BUY only game with unlockables weapons, so you have a goal in the game as a carrot to get the unlockables.

Buy Grand master founders package really a bizarr suggestion, its

not for the gamer but for the kid wich parents with millions to spread around. You miss my point.

25 Euro was an more of an example, say like 35 euro instead.

You miss my point. WARFRAME is an already F2P game, this is what the devs wanted the game to be. The system that you want isn't profitable enough, paying a one time thing doesn't work for any game, they made WARFRAME with the F2P system in mind, as a result the only possible ways of making a profit are microtransactions or a premium system based on subscription.

It's a bizarre suggestion, and it's not for kids with rich parents, it's for gamers who want to support the developers, that is why there are such 'extreme' prices. Most of the founders I've met are actually grown up, adults who have jobs.

The devs aren't going to change the system because you are too lazy to work for gear. Everything can be gained for free, if you want to unlock everything in the game with a one time purchase then you are far from being a serious gamer. Even in singleplayer games you have to work for your S#&$ (altough it's for free). Stop being such a whiny little kid, not every game will allow you to unlock everything for a sum of money.

Think about it, a player pays a one time amount to unlock everything in Warframe. After they have tried every warframe and weapon in the game they will choose a few as their favorites and they will level them up. That is just the thing, if you don't work for anything you'll get bored fast and quit the game. Every player will get bored in one or 2 months and then they will quit the game.

Edited by DERebecca
Removed insult

Anyway, I don't know why I'm bothering, you are the worst type of gamer possible, the one who opens his wallet to get what other have worked for.

While I'd agree with most of what you said, I'd have to disagree with this part. The point of any game is to have fun (for me anyway), and fun is subjective. Just because someone enjoys a game from a different perspective to you does not make them "the worst type of gamer possible". If you enjoy the challenge of working towards a goal (ex. new warframe) through in-game means does not necessarily make you a superior player or gamer to someone who gets their enjoyment from buying it and then going and shooting stuff with it.

If the gameplay itself is sufficiently varied and exciting then buying every item possible is not going to stop someone from enjoying it for as long as they are having fun. I'm not a huge fan of grinding in any game, I'll do it, but I don't enjoy it. I'm here to make stuff go boom....that's fun for me, and it will remain fun as long as the gameplay itself has some element of skill/ challenge involved. Doesn't matter a jot if I have all the frames+mods possible, the day the gameplay itself is no longer fun I'll be gone.

While I'd agree with most of what you said, I'd have to disagree with this part. The point of any game is to have fun (for me anyway), and fun is subjective. Just because someone enjoys a game from a different perspective to you does not make them "the worst type of gamer possible". If you enjoy the challenge of working towards a goal (ex. new warframe) through in-game means does not necessarily make you a superior player or gamer to someone who gets their enjoyment from buying it and then going and shooting stuff with it.

If the gameplay itself is sufficiently varied and exciting then buying every item possible is not going to stop someone from enjoying it for as long as they are having fun. I'm not a huge fan of grinding in any game, I'll do it, but I don't enjoy it. I'm here to make stuff go boom....that's fun for me, and it will remain fun as long as the gameplay itself has some element of skill/ challenge involved. Doesn't matter a jot if I have all the frames+mods possible, the day the gameplay itself is no longer fun I'll be gone.

Don't misunderstand me, I hate grinding(which is a big part of warframe) but as you said the gameplay is fun. I admit that I might have exaggerated with the whole ''worst type of gamer'' but people like him &!$$ me off. He wants everything, EVERYTHING without any work. I just can't understand how can someone play like that.

I don't like having to work too much for something but I don't want to get everything just like that, there is no sense of progression if you get everything from the start.

If he hates working for anything why play Warframe? Why play any online game when they are all like this? Why complain about a system that works for the most?

Edited by Kohira

I don't like having to work too much for something but I don't want to get everything just like that, there is no sense of progression if you get everything from the start.

If he hates working for anything why play Warframe? Why play any online game when they are all like this? Why complain about a system that works for the most?

Now this I agree with wholeheartedly. We each choose the games that suit us the most. For myself I enjoy the gameplay immensely, I can't see that changing any time soon. As far as the pay model goes, I'm fine with it as is....prices could in some areas be tweaked a bit but that's not a huge issue for me. I've played subscription based games for years, now I play F2P games and spend my money if/ when I feel it appropriate to do so. As long as it's not pay to win it's all good.

You miss my point. WARFRAME is an already F2P game, this is what the devs wanted the game to be. The system that you want isn't profitable enough, paying a one time thing doesn't work for any game, they made WARFRAME with the F2P system in mind, as a result the only possible ways of making a profit are microtransactions or a premium system based on subscription.

It's a bizarre suggestion, and it's not for kids with rich parents, it's for gamers who want to support the developers, that is why there are such 'extreme' prices. Most of the founders I've met are actually grown up, adults who have jobs.

The devs aren't going to change the system because you are too lazy to work for gear. Everything can be gained for free, if you want to unlock everything in the game with a one time purchase then you are far from being a serious gamer. Even in singleplayer games you have to work for your S#&$ (altough it's for free). Stop being such a whiny little kid, not every game will allow you to unlock everything for a sum of money.

Think about it, a player pays a one time amount to unlock everything in Warframe. After they have tried every warframe and weapon in the game they will choose a few as their favorites and they will level them up. That is just the thing, if you don't work for anything you'll get bored fast and quit the game. Every player will get bored in one or 2 months and then they will quit the game.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm bothering, you are the worst type of gamer possible, the one who opens his wallet to get what other have worked for.

When you call other people lazy kids and missunderstand on purpose, you have low respect for others opions, your attitude is really bad. Flame posts are not interesting.

the thing I meant when I started this post is that my interest is to unlock items the further I get into the game. Instead of buying stuff for microtransactions all the time. The blueprint idea is very good if it was possible to get all stuff with that..

I think they should have cosmetics without any stat changers. Purchasable for platinum only.

This way, they could go easier on their chance drop system and have it not be a hell for some.

The cosmetics part is awesome, as with the feature to get different color sets, to bad you cant unlock those ingame instead of having to pay real money for it.

One thing that I found in Tera (action based mmorpg) is that you can lock 5 different clothing schemes. This would be cool if you could choose between 10 different saved colorsets that u had given your warframe ( also perhaps with different mods for that particular saveset).

I mean when u play with clan u have one Warframe color, then in public with random you have another....and if these where possible to save so you could switch between instead of changing it manually would be great. ... perhaps its possible and that I just missed that part.

B2P is Buy 2 play, think of GW2 or Defiance where you buy the game once and then you have access to it forever instead of having to pay any subscription fees.

I bought GW2 and it wasn't a bad game, i just grew tired of it very quickly. The problem comes when you can't experiment in the game without parting with monies. Something the F2P model addresses quite well. However B2P does (hopefully) help recoup initial development costs. The difference being; GW2 had more content at release and Warframe is developing it as they go, both are neccesities of their business models, neither are particularly wrong.

The whole micro transaction that they are doing is generally fine imho.

But the pricing of some items are too high. Its the price of a whole game to buy a warframe. Why so much? Yes you get a different experience of the game with different abilities to use but I am still playing the same game. It should be priced more comparable to a DLC.

As for the pay brackets for purchasing they are fine but they should add 1 or 2 lower pay brackets, at an equivalent of 0.99 and/or 1.99

That way purchasing a small amount is easier and also if they do small one off offers of pallets or a skin or something they can just put it in at an app price.

Ultimately if they had a pricing system or bracket around app prices, for plat and the occasional cosmetic I think they would make a lot more money, there would be more affordable and viable options for customers.

Personally I held back from paying for anything until I wanted enough stuff make a plat purchase worth while. Had there been a cheaper bracket I would have bought things as I went. It would have cost me more in the short term, but equally I wouldn't have to sit there and deny myself parts of the game until a plat purchase became worth while.

I really can't see a downside to any a lower bracket. Though if someone does see one I wouldn't mind hearing it.

The whole micro transaction that they are doing is generally fine imho.

But the pricing of some items are too high. Its the price of a whole game to buy a warframe. Why so much? Yes you get a different experience of the game with different abilities to use but I am still playing the same game. It should be priced more comparable to a DLC.

As for the pay brackets for purchasing they are fine but they should add 1 or 2 lower pay brackets, at an equivalent of 0.99 and/or 1.99

That way purchasing a small amount is easier and also if they do small one off offers of pallets or a skin or something they can just put it in at an app price.

Ultimately if they had a pricing system or bracket around app prices, for plat and the occasional cosmetic I think they would make a lot more money, there would be more affordable and viable options for customers.

Personally I held back from paying for anything until I wanted enough stuff make a plat purchase worth while. Had there been a cheaper bracket I would have bought things as I went. It would have cost me more in the short term, but equally I wouldn't have to sit there and deny myself parts of the game until a plat purchase became worth while.

I really can't see a downside to any a lower bracket. Though if someone does see one I wouldn't mind hearing it.

All i can think of is that they must pay a small part of the transaction in costs to the payment method suppliers. Lower bands may not be cost effective. Also they may have to pay per number of transactions, so larger more infrequent transactions saves them money,

Open beta for F2P games is basically the release, nothing will change once the game is officially released.

More on topic, It's hard to compare Warframe to any other f2p game because Warframe, to my knowledge is the first PvE f2p game. But even so, It's less "pay to win" than most f2p games I've played that had PvP.

Personally, I like the transaction system. Not many things that can be bought for cash require too much time to acquire as f2p, way shorter than some of the f2p mammoths (LoL, Planetside).

And I understand where you're coming from OP, I'll never buy something that I can get in game with an effort. It sucks the fun of progression out of the game and it feels cheap.

When I like a f2p game and want to support it I usually buy a skin or two that I like, and in Warframe I skip the 3 day crafting times.

-answer--------

Thanks Cedj, people are really having big problems undestanding what I mean, pple get upset for no reasons.

I mean I play world of tanks (not so often anymore cause of the devs not dedicated) but I only buy camo...cause if u get prem u loose the fun of the game with double up of everything...

Edited by Ashajanagu

They should make unique alternate warframe skins only available with platinum, kinda like the weapon skins. Because as it is right now, they are giving away too much for free (alerts), especially being a coop only game. 

I play world of tanks, but only have paid for camo, since getting more exp and money just makes

the game so much more uninteresting, the goals in the game are dropped for me instantly if I

just put up money to my self fortune.

Isn't World of Tanks one of the worst examples of pay to win examples ever? (I mean, really, with Gold Shells you're almost literally throwing money at your enemy!)

Ok, I will be honest, I never had a credit card and all gaming related stuff that I bought I either bought via SMS or cash. F2P gaming is becoming an industry standard nowadays and I see this as the Pinnacle of gaming evolution, the business model in Warframe is in my opinion the Pinnacle of business models, microtransaction is good and differentiates from other business models simply because I really have more fun obtaining in game contet such as boomsticks, blunderbusses, ninja pants, by playing the game. Sure if I had a credit card I would buy all color models and the banshee class straight out of the box cause I have no clue where to farm for it, I don't even see it as a pay to win honestly, because the same items you buy with platinum, can be obtained by playing the game, which in my book is awesome. It's a more like pay to make Christmas come early kind of model.

Edited by Skyfallen

Better like it is. People will trickle in and if they like it , they stay and spend money. It is easier to get them here if they have nothing to lose by trying the game. Now after this game goes public, and they work on the next game, then with the reputation they have established here, they may be able to charge for it. Micro transactions are here to stay though. It's just a very good way to generate revenue.

Isn't World of Tanks one of the worst examples of pay to win examples ever? (I mean, really, with Gold Shells you're almost literally throwing money at your enemy!)

lol. I pictured that and the expression on the person's face with money thrown at them...

Anyway, a free to play title is different than your single purchase titles. With free to play it's an on going development which means it's more flexible and things are susceptible to change over time. You'll get frequent updates and new contents thanks to the people who support the game through micro-transactions. Whereas, if you bought a game from a retailer, you'll only get 1 or 2 patches to fix some agitating bugs and then the developers are off to make a new game. But at the end the choice is yours, would you like to buy a game that's constantly getting the attention of developers or would you rather throw bigger chunk of money at something that'll die faster?

I know that sounds bias the way I word it but it's true and I've had my fair share of investing in all kinds of games, be it F2P, B2P, or P2P.