Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make it more Low PC friendly

ToxicDoom

I just downloaded the game and started right away,In the tutorial the game was perfectly running of course since there isnt much to see.My suggestion is to make the game a bit less demanding (maybe add a field of view option) because when i tried to start a normal mission-solo- my FPS was not good enoughh to enjoy the game.My point is to make maybe 1 or 2 more options where you can turn off or lower something to run the game smoother. Thanks.

PC Specs: Processor: E5200 Pentinum Dual core 2.50 GHz

RAM:2 GB

Monitor Card:ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series and it's total memory is 1271 MB

Edited by ToxicDoom

Is that a laptop? you have really low specs and i am sure what you have is a 256mb video card. Thats the minimum requirement. Game runs well you just need to upgrade your computer man.

Edited by Noja87

I'm running it on a 2-year-old Toshiba Satellite laptop (2.3 GHz single-core processor, 2 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radion HD 4200 onboard graphics card), and it worked well enough for me once I turned all the graphical settings down to their minimum values.

Yeah if you are going to try to run ANY game on minimum requirements it means you are going to have to turn off and lower a bunch of stuff.

Also, lower the resolution, that actually helps a lot.

They need too in some areas espcially in co-op the frames drops drasticly even on my gaming rig.Is it horrible? no but need work

i'm sure there some places to optimize a bit, but it already runs pretty close to how well Mass Effect 3 runs, which mind you, runs on a friggin calculator.

granted on my machine my framerate is a bit low at times, and after many hours my framerate drops, probably some errors building up or memory leaks or etc.

Just've looked up the Release date of the 3000 series. 2007. I think i don't have to say anything else about that.

The game itself runs awesome even on computers of friends of which i know that they SUCK.

My point: There is a limit of how well optimized a Game and it's engine can be. Awesome graphics simply won't run on 6 years old, outdated Hardware. Go with the time guys, at some point you'll have to upgrade eventually.

Thanks guys, we have plans to make more options for older hardware as well but generally people are getting reasonable performance.

I'm playing this with 60 FPS constant on a junky old E8400 Wolfdale, 4 GB of RAM, and some old ASUS board I bought for $75, I think the game is pretty damn well optimized already. The GTX260 helps though.

Edited by MegatechBody

"RAM:2 GB" <<===== Your biggest problem.

Sadly the E5200 uses 240 pin DDR2 whitch is still way over priced. 4gb "2x2gb" is about ~$65 and 8gb "2x4gb" is about ~$155

If you were running DDR3, ram its getting cheap 8 ram ~$60 or less.

Granted we could easily get the settings even lower with some config tweaks if the settings file was plain-text instead of a binary blob. "Looking at you devs" :-/

Edit: Just had to add DDR2 has always been over priced and some companies got in a bit of trouble for price fixing.

For a DDR2 upgrade you missed the sweet spots in early 2009 "before windows 7" or late 2010 when the ram was just going out of mass production. Mass production has now stopped for 240 pin DDR2 so as supplies run out prices go up. But It could be far worse just try to find VC-150 or RDRAM ram and a reasonable price.

Edited by Red404

Well, while the game is pretty optimized for a beta, there's always room for improvement.

I can run it just fine on my desktop, but not really as well as I would expect from my hardware. In case you're wondering, the specs:

2x ATI HD6950 2GB

AMD Phenom x6 1090T @ 3.2GHz

4GB RAM (definitely need an upgrade there)

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

While the game performs admirably most of the time (max settings, of course,) I get some pretty wacked out framerate dips (especially in co-op games.)

It might just be my drivers, since I'm using ATI's latest beta drivers, and if that's the case then disregard my above issues.

All in all I can play it alright, but could use a bit of improvement.

However my main concern is that I can't run it well at all on my laptop. Granted it's not that good of a laptop, but it's still pretty decent and not even a year old. The specs are as follows:

GeForce GT630M 1GB

Intel Core i3-2350M @ 2.30GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Now I'm pretty sure that's at least a little better than the minimum specs this game requires, yet even on the lowest possible settings and playing on 1280x720 (native resolution is 1366x768) I still hardly get over 20fps.

I just don't get why that is. It might be that god-awful nvidia Optimus garbage giving me problems, but I specifically set both of the games executables to run on my GT630M in the nvidia CP.

In case you're wondering why in the hell I would be playing games on my craptop if I have a good desktop rig, it's just that I also like to get my gaming fix when I'm not at home, and I definitely need my Warframe fix.

To sum up, the game could definitely use some more optimization, at least on the low end. A game can always use more optimization.

Edited by Kfoolu

However my main concern is that I can't run it well at all on my laptop. Granted it's not that good of a laptop, but it's still pretty decent and not even a year old. The specs are as follows:

GeForce GT630M 1GB

Intel Core i3-2350M @ 2.30GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

That's because the 630 series are simply JUNK. My old GTX460 is lightyears better than a normal GT630 so i guess the "M" version is even worse.

Higher numbers don't always mean better performance.

Reference: http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GT+630/review

That's because the 630 series are simply JUNK. My old GTX460 is lightyears better than a normal GT630 so i guess the "M" version is even worse.

Higher numbers don't always mean better performance.

Reference: http://community.fut...e GT 630/review

I realize that, it's an entry level card after all, but surely it can't be worse than the minimum spec cards. Or am I wrong?

Edited by Kfoolu

Ok,I never expected so many replies and it's nice that actually a Adminstrator replied too and he got what i meant,I just asked or suggested in other words to make it Low PC friendly so that a player with low Specs can run the game smoothly not to make them buy new parts as an North African player i don't have access to good and cheap parts.Thanks for everyone's support. :D

I don't know man. The game is already greatly optimized. I would suggest you buy/build a decent rig or a lappy.

Hardly an option, more devs should take into consideration that the majority of gamers are broke college students playing on very low end tech. Most people don't have a modern, dedicated GPU. I think the success of WoW and LoL is proof of this, they run on just about any hardware.

Seriously, why can't I have a "Blocks and no textures" option?

Edited by Mezecs

This game is AMAZINGLY optimized. I have a friend who can barely even run minecraft, and he runs this at a tolerable framerate.

I don't know about that i have a hex core AMD processor and a radeon 6970 and i have problems with framerates at times.

Hardly an option, more devs should take into consideration that the majority of gamers are broke college students playing on very low end tech. Most people don't have a modern, dedicated GPU. I think the success of WoW and LoL is proof of this, they run on just about any hardware.

Seriously, why can't I have a "Blocks and no textures" option?

Best explanation of what i wanted to say.