Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Buff Founder Weapons And Alleviate Some Non-Founder Concerns

Cebi

Link Founder weapons' stats to similar prime weapons.

For example, Skana prime is linked to Dakra stats-wise by DE; they perform identically (skana copies dakra stats).

This way Founder's get a nicely buffed Skana Prime, non-founders don't miss out on any alternative gameplay a founder's weapon could offer as the Dakra behaves exactly the same.

In essence this makes Founder's items PURELY COSMETIC.

Obviously Lato Prime doesn't currently have a suitable prime analogue, so DE would have to release one.

This is pretty much already the case with Excalibur Prime, apart from that negligible shield recharge increase. 

What say you?

Link Founder weapons' stats to similar prime weapons.

For example, Skana prime is linked to Dakra stats-wise by DE; they perform identically (skana copies dakra stats).

This way Founder's get a nicely buffed Skana Prime, non-founders don't miss out on any alternative gameplay a founder's weapon could offer as the Dakra behaves exactly the same.

In essence this makes Founder's items PURELY COSMETIC.

Obviously Lato Prime doesn't currently have a suitable prime analogue, so DE would have to release one.

This is pretty much already the case with Excalibur Prime, apart from that negligible shield recharge increase. 

What say you?

I think, for some reason, people will now want these weapons even more, now that they do good damage.

I think, for some reason, people will now want these weapons even more, now that they do good damage.

-whoosh-

That's the sound of this thread's purpose going right over your head.

Edited by Draciusen

If people get jealous over how the Skana Prime is strong now, they can literally get the Dakra Prime and get the exact same weapon stat-wise if this change is implemented.

Founders get a weapon they can not only show off, but can actually use in harder content, and other players aren't gimped gameplay/content wise.

"In essence this makes Founder's items PURELY COSMETIC."

i say sure, if i can get the MR experience that the founders got from an entire frame and weapon set? can i get a free 15,000 mastery rank for a frame and 3 weapons? if so then yes, i wont be booty bothered anymore.

i say sure, if i can get the MR experience that the founders got from an entire frame and weapon set? can i get a free 15,000 mastery rank for a frame and 3 weapons? if so then yes, i wont be booty bothered anymore.

DE will definitely have to revamp the mastery system in the future, seeing as how the current scaling would lead to having excessive amounts of new warframes and weapons to rank up to Grand Master, that makes the 15,000 mastery you're missing out on look like chump change.

Edited by Draciusen

DE will definitely have to revamp the mastery system in the future, seeing as how the current scaling would lead to having excessive amounts of new warframes and weapons to rank up to Grand Master, that makes the 15,000 mastery you're missing out on look like chump change.

off topic, but I know this. i just really hate how i cant hit MR 16 because of it.

also off topic: MR system doesnt need revamping DE just needs to release 100 more frames and 850more weapons. and that 15k is another drop in the bucket, but every single drop counts.

on topic, buffing the skana to dakra levels might make new players want it more because it's even better than before. thus more useable, thus more envy. Additionally, if founders use it more new players see it "in their face" and cant forget about it.

It's never been a matter of whether it was a worthy issue or not.

People want the item because they can't get it, not because it's good.

The only reason complaints occur is because players feel they have a loophole that give them cause to complain about it so they do.

If DE gave out 2 week bans to every player who came on the Forums and groused about Founders Items, it would stop immediately.

Of course, they would then complain about Forum Mods and heavy handed tactics.... Because they feel they'd have cause to.

I'm not sure when, how, or why people adopted this massive sense of self-entitlement... But it's existence is very noticeable on these forums.

I dont understand why is everyone concerned about pleasing non-founders. Why? I am not a founder yet I don't see why DE should do something to give me or anyone else something similar to founders items just because I or someone else wasn't around when founders program was going. Sure more money for them, but then people will complain that there is no way to get them other than buying and again everyone will be upset. 

I'd be down for them making "Variants" into skins for weapons.

Strun Wraith as a shotgun skin, Braton Vandal as a rifle skin, etc, etc.

Means less outdated-but-rare items clogging weapon slots too.

Edited by Cingal

-Strun Wraith as a shotgun skin, Braton Vandal as a rifle skin, etc, etc.

down for this idea. i think cosmetics are fine as exclusives, DE should do this but still find a way to solve the MR problem.

Even though i missed out on the skana and lato (and i realy liek the design of the two) i think he has a valid point. You barley see anyon ewith these weapons which is sad. People payed good money to help the Devs and at that time the guns they got weren't op but also not useless, now with all the new guns (which seem to get stronger and stronger with every new gun, i mena just compare "old'" melee weapons with "new" ones, its ridiciouls. Some have 50 dmg less bu tother then the exact stats) they are simply useless now.

So i personally (and i don't ahve that guns as you can see with my founder rank) like that idea. And when they don't are stronger then guns everyone can get noone should have a problem with it (and if they do they are just jealous and don't grant anything tosomeone who decided to found a very very early build of a game when it wasn't clear if it will be good someday).

down for this idea. i think cosmetics are fine as exclusives, DE should do this but still find a way to solve the MR problem.

This method solves almost the whole lot. If memory serves, it leaves just the Machete, Snipetron and Ether Daggers that would need to be added back in, and God only knows why they were removed in the first place.

Unfortunately, I've suggested it before--and had it shot down before, because it's "stealing" exclusive Mastery from players who "deserve" it.

DE wouldn't want to make the change, though, if they couldn't still sell as many weapon slots as they do currently--so they could also sell skin slots for the variants.

Edited by Yezzik

This method solves almost the whole lot. If memory serves, it leaves just the Machete, Snipetron and Ether Daggers that would need to be added back in, and God only knows why they were removed in the first place.

Unfortunately, I've suggested it before--and had it shot down before, because it's "stealing" exclusive Mastery from players who "deserve" it.

DE wouldn't want to make the change, though, if they couldn't still sell as many weapon slots as they do currently--so they could also sell skin slots for the variants.

weapon slots isnt a problem, all the exclusives come with free slots. skin slots would be terrible. cosmetics cost plat, so the plat covers any "slot" cost.

all in all, best idea yet.

weapon slots isnt a problem, all the exclusives come with free slots. skin slots would be terrible. cosmetics cost plat, so the plat covers any "slot" cost.

all in all, best idea yet.

The Vandals and Wraiths, sure.

I assumed by "variant," Cingal meant Primes et al as well, though.

Even though i missed out on the skana and lato (and i realy liek the design of the two) i think he has a valid point. You barley see anyon ewith these weapons which is sad. People payed good money to help the Devs and at that time the guns they got weren't op but also not useless, now with all the new guns (which seem to get stronger and stronger with every new gun, i mena just compare "old'" melee weapons with "new" ones, its ridiciouls. Some have 50 dmg less bu tother then the exact stats) they are simply useless now.

They were considered as starter weapons, even back then.

Edited by Mikovsky

Strun Wraith as a shotgun skin, Braton Vandal as a rifle skin, etc, etc.

Seeing as these weapons came with a free slot you don't save anything there. It's quite nice having an individual weapon just for the sake of it and having the ability to mod/forma it differently if desired.

3 weapons? there were only 2 weapons as part of the founders packs so please do some research before posting? just a thought

Seeing as these weapons came with a free slot you don't save anything there. It's quite nice having an individual weapon just for the sake of it and having the ability to mod/forma it differently if desired.

Well, you'd still have the weapon, you can just sell it and keep the skin too.