Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Run Or Not To Run- This Is The Question

(PSN)fus-commy

ok I was told when I started playing in Feb not to run while playing survival. I had played that way until the last update. I tested running myself in a private match - 1 running killing 0 enemies and getting 2 life supports at roughly 40% the second one walking killing 0 enemies getting 2 life supports. The result = it doesn't matter. Both games ended with 0 life support at 3 min 10 sec. Has anybody ever tested this beside me since the update? If so, please answer the following... Does running while playing survival with more than 1 player (you) hasten the run out of life support? Is there a particular level ( % )  that is most effective to active new life support? I have been doing 40%.

No running doesn't effect how fast life support runs out, also every time you hit life support it gives you 30% life support, so it depends on how many enemies there are and how fast your team mates kill them, some enemies drop life support packs which give you 4% life support, so if your team are continuously picking these up I'd say 55% is a good time to hit life support. If not, hit it a 60 65 percent

I knew it. had an idiot ragen at me today cause I was running. told him he was an idiot. What about- what % to hit it at?

As long as you don't have any overflow, it doesn't matter. Usually 65% or less is safe, as long as someone else doesn't hit it at the same time, or you're playing with a very lucky Nekros.

More people also make the oxygen deplete faster. This is to account for More people = more pickups

O.o Is that on ps4? Because I'm pretty sure on pc is 1% is 1second depletion speed. Never slower, never faster no matter what you do.

Just another of many WF myths that refuse to go away.  LIke Stalker has a higher % against low ranked gear.

Funny though the run/not run myth started with the suvival event and DE actually answered in a bit of an off hand, 'no' but it still persists.

As far as when to pop.  if you don't have much teamwork developing it is best to go at 40%, unless you don't have a nekros and the capsules are in rooms with poor spawns, I would try and announce you are popping it in chat and go for closer to 60%.

Basically if you are disjoineted team popping two at the same time can happen a lot and end up wasting 10-20% of a pod.

More people also make the oxygen deplete faster. This is to account for More people = more pickups

Aaaand this is how the myths continue to spread

Edited by Wahooo