Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5€ For A Color Palette?

LtLisma

First of all, although Warframe is F2P, cosmetics are pretty much only things that can't be directly earned ingame. It makes perfectly logical that they need to be priced higher in order to avoid locking items that have actual impact on gamplay behind paywall (or in other words, turning game into P2W).

5€ (or rather 3,75€ since that's actual price for 75 Pt, get your facts straight) for single palette? Well that's one end of the stick.
With 75% you can buy 370 Pt for same price (3,75€) - that lowers price of single palette to ~0,75€. Furthermore, price of individual palette in colour pack is around 56,2 Pt - that translates into ~0,57€ per palette. Stop complaining - start looking for opportunities.

Hi, im just going to simulate our conversation for the next 5 min.

I'd like to use black on one of my warframes.

*Checks all the colors available, no black*

Ok lets purchase black, must buy pallete, 75pl (5€ independent of deals and promotions thats the price of plat)

See what I mean? 1 color, 75pl

"but you can wait then u will prolly be offered that pallete."

But I dont want to wait for that pallete.

"then buy it for 75pl"

But you just said I was going to get that pallete later on why would i buy it?

"cause..."

This has already been explained.

I already mentioned why it's bad...but you quote my posts while actually ignoring the content.

The average player will buy his 2-3 favorite colors and maybe black and white. That's 5 plat.

You get 50 starter plat.

Color palettes are mostly bought by new players.

With the change new players will unlikely buy plat for palettes.

DE loses a lot of money..and I mean a lot.

Also this: 

You don't need it Why would it have a low price ?

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

@LtLisma
One thing in this quote here:

See what I mean? 1 color, 75pl

"but you can wait then u will prolly be offered that pallete."

But I dont want to wait for that pallete.

"then buy it for 75pl"

But you just said I was going to get that pallete later on why would i buy it?

Why would you buy it?
So that you can get it now without waiting.

If you dont want to wait: BUY IT.
If you dont want to pay for it: WAIT.

Those are you're two options, pick one.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Gratz on the baby!

when you said 200$ thats all i needed to hear.  I come from Portugal mate, here thats almost the minimum wage (per month) not the US where a janitor makes as much as me (school teacher).

There is a world outside of the US, and its just gone through a pretty bad recession.

Thanks!

and lol, I play with more friends from different countries than I do with friends who live in the US, I know there is a world outside the US.  I understand how bad it can be in parts of the world like Portugal, that is why people have suggested trading or waiting for free colors, the cost is to support the development, if you can't afford it, that sucks and I wish you the best, but that is why there are other options now, do what you CAN do to what you want, money isnt the end all be all way to get it(holy crap that last part is anti-american isnt it?! LOL)

Thanks!

and lol, I play with more friends from different countries than I do with friends who live in the US, I know there is a world outside the US.  I understand how bad it can be in parts of the world like Portugal, that is why people have suggested trading or waiting for free colors, the cost is to support the development, if you can't afford it, that sucks and I wish you the best, but that is why there are other options now, do what you CAN do to what you want, money isnt the end all be all way to get it(holy crap that last part is anti-american isnt it?! LOL)

Im sorry but I get the feeling both of us are exposed to 2 completely different worlds, but in my world if someone tells you your going to get something for free and you spend money on it beforehand just to have it sooner than thats your perogative but its considered a rash and maybe even wasteful option.

But thats ok, like I said I didnt know they gave out palletes but now that i do I can guarantee that not 10 pl is going into colors.  That to me is bad for DE, there are a few colors id like but not that "desperate" to buy an entire pallete for them.

Im sorry but I get the feeling both of us are exposed to 2 completely different worlds, but in my world if someone tells you your going to get something for free and you spend money on it beforehand just to have it sooner than thats your perogative but its considered a rash and maybe even wasteful option.

But thats ok, like I said I didnt know they gave out palletes but now that i do I can guarantee that not 10 pl is going into colors.  That to me is bad for DE, there are a few colors id like but not that "desperate" to buy an entire pallete for them.

You do get color palettes for free, but they are themed color palettes and not the ones that are purchasable, and I doubt there will ever be a black/white palette for free, if you want specifics on which ones are which feel free to check the wiki, hence why it is an option.