The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Host Selection Needs To Take Pc Specs Into Consideration.

Sarmon

Multiple times I've joined into a game and had perfect connection, and then? 15+ enemies appear at once and the host starts lagging beyond human comprehension with upwards of 3 second lag delays.

This is more common than I though it would be and it's a really bad issue because once I leave that game due to lag and try joining another one... I'll be put in the exact same laggy group as before because the host has "Good internet connection" but his PC is a toaster.

Could DE have a look into this? It really puts me off that I join an almost-perfect mission and halfway through it, I have to wait 3 seconds for a door to open into a black void and then another 3 seconds for the room behind the door to load in all while running above 50 fps on my end.

actually, the host selector DOES take framerate and network seed into account.

however, it's not a reliable system and chooses silly hosts sometimes.

also - the host selector doesn't apply if you join a match already in progress. it chooses when a lobby starts into a mission, not after.

what would be nice though, is not only the long asked for 'prefer to not host' option(as many users which are bad hosts know it, but end up being forced to host), but also being able to start a match as soon as you select a sector.

instead of searching for matches and only able to start your own if it doesn't find any, but rather letting you select a sector, and immediately start a match for yourself, so you can make sure you're the host while still being able to play Online.

my 125Mb down and 90Mb up fiber line, and steady 200FPS at 1920x1080 maxxed thanks you. I have no issue hosting, I play with aussies and I'm in FL and they run perfect when I host.

Just went to a T3 def, first 5 waves okay, wave 20, 5 second+ delay between ult and seeing damage, so much lag I couldn't revive someone. BRUTAL. Would have traded my socks for a host migration.