Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Guys Sargas And Tyl.

S0ulre4per

The Grineer don't seem to have a very high quality of life, so considering their hardship, and despite their grundgy aesthetic, I don't think we've seen anything so far that makes them the bad guys.

Even their imperialism is doubtful, since we've seen no evidence of free-living independents being forcefully colonised. The only people who seem to be on the receiving end of Grineer imperialisation are the Corpus, and they're self-confessed profiteers.

Hmm... Who needs a rework more?

We could make Sgt. Nef Anyo a badass sniper concealing himself in a snowstorm while teleporting away from you to snipe you with a near 1-hit KO rifle.

Or we could turn Tyl Regor into a heavily gene-repaired Grineer with a giant sword to slice you with.

I CANNOT DECIDE!

I highly doubt the Grineer, or Ruk, are particularly "good" by any stretch of the imagination. Honorable and respectable? At times. But they are definitely not good for anyone, besides themselves. Remember, Grineer and Ruk believe themselves to be genetically superior, so anyone under their rule is automatically treated as a second-class citizen. How well these occupants are treated, however, is unknown. Ultimately, the bystanders can only ever be revealed once DE adds them in. Of course, judging by the Red Veil, I think they, the occupied, don't exactly welcome the Grineer.

The Gradivus Dilemma, Cicero Crisis, and Fomorian ships are all meant to further Grineer interests. The first two seemed to be to protect the well being of the Grineer empire. Of course, "protection" is a broad term generally used to mean "We are doing this because we stand to benefit from it, everyone else can go die in a hole for all we care." Realpolitik at its finest.

We ultimately cannot determine the motivations or plans of the Grineer without at least having some knowledge of the twin Queens that seem to have authority over the empire as a whole.

Also, I'm surprised we've gotten this far without invoking Godwin's Law, but I think my comment borders on it.

Edited by InritusOO

Tyl Regor needs his own event. I hope that if he gets reworked, he'll still be a melee-only boss, just way more awesome. 

He has perfect potential to use his work to release a rather powerful Grineer as a new enemy for their faction.

I just hope that he doesn't spend most of the fight behind an invincible shield and then when that shield is down you can only damage him by shooting a tiny little spot on him,  just all all the new bosses do.  

So much for melee 2.0.

I just hope that he doesn't spend most of the fight behind an invincible shield and then when that shield is down you can only damage him by shooting a tiny little spot on him,  just all all the new bosses do.  

So much for melee 2.0.

I hope it's not like that either. I want to have an epic melee fight, like I usually do with Stalker with my Reaper Prime. 

I hope it's not like that either. I want to have an epic melee fight, like I usually do with Stalker with my Reaper Prime. 

I was hoping to do that back when Leviathan was released.  Have a cool Dragon's Dogma type fight where we can climb that think and stab it with our swords.

Nef Anyo is getting reworked to have a hover platform, hopefully we can climb that thing like back in Halo 2 where you had to kill a prophet by hijacking his hover chair.  That would be pretty awesome.

So much for melee 2.0.

I hope he is sword sword and board.

As in a physical 1 ton piece of metal in his hand and every swipe of that knocks you back hella far.

Yes it will. The reason they have those augmentations and body changes is to combat the rapid deformation and deterioration of their bodies. Without them their lifespans would be miniscule. They are artificially lengthening their lives. Also, due to their genetic problems, they have to clone in order to keep up their numbers. If they get rid of the genetic deterioration, they won't have to clone to keep themselves strong anymore. At that point, they would clone to make their numbers skyrocket even further and use said numbers to overwhelm everything in the system.

Their life span is always going to be minuscule. They get spawned and live for all of 5 minutes because........we are tenno.