Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Nekros, Give Desecrate To Our Sentinel

J-Reyno

plus nekros neeeeeeds that he is too squishy otherwise. He needs those orbs.

So replace it with a Life Drain like the original plan. Boom, more than 25 health an enemy, no kills needed.

Or upgrade his Terrify. Boom, fear, nobody wants to even attack him in the first place.

Or, y'know, both.

Nekros has nothing really going for him besides desecrate, giving it to a sentinel would make nekros worthless.

All the more reason to fix his other abilities too. I picked up a necromancer, after all, which is useful in basically every other game I've picked up with that or the archetype. His name should've been indicative of what you were signing up for.

and by free nekros you really mean make him obsolete 

Is Mag essential to Corpus maps because she can completely destroy shields? Is Zephyr essential to Interception because she can cross a map in 2 seconds? Has Volt replaced Frost for Defenses because his is an infinite-health barrier? Easy no on all counts.

So why am I always seeing requests for a Nekros in Recruiting?

I'm not saying Nekros is OP (especially with how weak his other skills are), but compare your reasoning to someone who's hearing of a nerf to an OP character they play frequently. The difference is, you don't have to play him to reap the effort-free rewards.

Doesn't the high demand speak to the flaws his presence desperately tries to patch up? Is it really obsoletion to iron out the flaw and pull demand down to everyone else' level?

Edited by Archwizard

Kinda sad to see how many people are against this because they believe that Desecrate is Nekro's identity. That's pretty sad, when a frame has been unanimously accepted to exist solely to farm mods and accommodate for the game's sketchy RNG/loot system.

I actually support the idea of making Desecrate a sentinel ability, sentinels are much more universal than a single frame with a single power, and this would be the perfect excuse to finally give Nekros a much needed buff/overhaul to make him a more viable and fun frame rather than the mandatory O2 generator that he currently is.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Kinda sad to see how many people are against this because they believe that Desecrate is Nekro's identity. That's pretty sad, when a frame has been unanimously accepted to exist solely to farm mods and accommodate for the game's sketchy RNG/loot system.

I actually support the idea of making Desecrate a sentinel ability, sentinels are much more universal than a single frame with a single power, and this would be the perfect excuse to finally give Nekros a much needed buff/overhaul to make him a more viable and fun frame rather than the mandatory O2 generator that he currently is.

I do believe Nekros could use a rework, but assigning a Warframe ability to a sentinel could most definitely evolve into a slippery slope. One thing to consider as well is that although Nekros's desecrate does make things easier in terms of generated drops, this ability is not mandatory or an absolute necessity for successful runs.

The closest mission type I can think of where Nekros can be described as mandatory is in facing the G3, due to the frustrating layers of RNG involved in obtaining the Brakk.

I do believe Nekros could use a rework, but assigning a Warframe ability to a sentinel could most definitely evolve into a slippery slope. One thing to consider as well is that although Nekros's desecrate does make things easier in terms of generated drops, this ability is not mandatory or an absolute necessity for successful runs.

The closest mission type I can think of where Nekros can be described as mandatory is in facing the G3, due to the frustrating layers of RNG involved in obtaining the Brakk.

That's half the problem with Desecrate discussions - nobody can agree on this.

"Desecrate's not essential, we don't NEED Nekros, we just want his utility, stop claiming we need him" is always paired with "You can't remove Desecrate, how else would I/we get rare mods, how will I/we get to XXX min Survival, he'll DIE as a class without it". 

You wouldn't believe how many players expect to have their cake and eat it too on this, even though they know it's not a proper class ability.

Edited by Archwizard

I probably should've put the word mandatory in quotations marks, since he's not actually necessary, just acts as more of a bain-aid patch for survival's faulty O2 system.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

As amazing an idea as this is, will never happen. I would be more than happy if we could just deploy Nekros Specters to desecrate spam for us but we can't do that, either.

A more likely (and really, pls de, pls give) option is turning desecrate into a toggle-able aura with double the base range. Ta-da! You no longer have to run natural talent, overextended and stretch, which frees up 1-2 mod slots, lets you build him in a way that leaves his other abilities useful, AND LETS YOU PLAY THE GAME WHILE PLAYING NEKROS! ZOMG! Nekros keeps his 1 currently good skill, and you could use one or two others and have them not be absolutely horrible.

Having said that, I would pay 1000P in a heartbeat for a Sentinel that could desecrate as well as an actual Nekros built for desecrate. As would everyone of my regular teammates for our survival runs. If it could vacuum and desecrate efficiently? 5000P. Not even kidding. All 4 of us would buy them immediately and we could run a 4th teammate instead of .ahk file...

Nekros is absolutely essential for survival past 30-60m btw. Enemies just don't drop enough air no matter how fast you kill them. If they changed the air drops to not require a Nekros (as I understand it, they used to), Nekros would be another mastery frame until you need to farm a mass amount of resources lol

Edited by Racter0325