Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ugaiz, You Should Try This Lanka Build... Just For Fun!

TwiceDead

Question

Wow you read my mind, I was working on making this very build. just put my second forma on. can't wait until they buff the sniper rifles to make it even better.

edit: well not exactly the same mods but i'm building gas/electricity proc

Edited by Ja_man

I went for a Gas/Electric Grinlok for the two shots at 91% Status each.  Amusing but the Impact/Puncture/Slash procs got in the way of the AOE.  Also tried it on the Amprex for japes.

Thing is that it's a 91% chance that one of the five status effects proc. When you have a weapon that has the three physical damage stats and two elemental stats, that's like only 18% chance that it will be the desired effect that procs. Lanka doesn't really have that problem considering it is purely elemental, making both Electric and Gas procs reliable in their own right. 

I could very much be wrong about the proc chance things though... 

Thing is that it's a 91% chance that one of the five status effects proc. When you have a weapon that has the three physical damage stats and two elemental stats, that's like only 18% chance that it will be the desired effect that procs. Lanka doesn't really have that problem considering it is purely elemental, making both Electric and Gas procs reliable in their own right. 

I could very much be wrong about the proc chance things though... 

Your right, that's why I said the I/P/S procs get in the way.  I think it is supposed to be weighted towards the ones that do most damage but I'm not sure if that has been confirmed and they do still come up sometimes.

Crit scaling is also nowhere close to the Lex Prime.

It's true that the lex prime has better base crit .... however if you look at the builds it's not a crit build, but a status build. There aren't any crit mods in the lex prime build posted. If they were talking of crit builds then that would make sense, but when it comes to status builds like those discussed here, the marelok comes out on top even after factoring in the differences in crit. Check out the warframe builder site :).

Edited by Ashnal

Gas/Electric proc builds are a lot of fun on innate fire/toxin/electric proc weapons.

Great on Lanka because of innate punch through, but also works amazing on Ignis and Lecta.

IPS weapons are disadvantaged because of the way procs work - 50% of your proc chance is always physical, and the damage % determines proc chance within that. 

Best pistol for a proc build would be Tysis - because you can get 100% Corrosive 240% Gas 150% Elec, which breaks down to 49.0% Gas, 30.6% Electric, and 20.4% Corrosive, while anything else, no matter the status chance, would have 50% physical at best.

It's important to note that the damage done by the proc is unrelated to the elemental damage added, only the proc chance is affected. Damage done is based on base damage, with modifiers.

So, a Lanka proc build would need Maxxed SC, Serration, and Heavy Caliber in order to maximize proc damage, but because ALL of the procs are elec or gas, you dont need to max the fire mod. So you could  use a R0 Hellfire in order to save some mod points, and you would proc for the same damage with Gas, just proc elec more often.

Likewise for the Ignis, there's no need to add any fire damage mods, as they will increase gas damage done but WONT increase the damage done by a gas proc.

These builds are ultimately only awesome against Corpus, and are decent against Infested. They tend to fall flat against Grineer, but arent completely horrible in Void.

Edited by Darzk

Likewise for the Ignis, there's no need to add any fire damage mods, as they will increase gas damage done but WONT increase the damage done by a gas proc.

Wont you need at least one fire mod to pair the fire and toxin together?  Otherwise it'll come out Corrosive/Heat.  Unless there is a method I don't know about for making it consider the native element first instead of last.

Wont you need at least one fire mod to pair the fire and toxin together?  Otherwise it'll come out Corrosive/Heat.  Unless there is a method I don't know about for making it consider the native element first instead of last.

I tend to think of Wildfire as a utility mod, my bad. The point being that you don't lose any proc damage by going with Wildfire instead of Hellfire.