Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wii U Is An Epic Fail...

Soulphoenix1

I like the tablet controller, but I have yet to see a good utilization of it in a game that I would be interested in. It would probably work better if the Pro controller wasn't as popular an option; the Nintendo DS's screen was utilized very well, possibly because everyone had to use it as there was no other choice.

Aww crap, looks like i've lost all interest to the Wii U now. 

Stop it.

Stop with these pointless and stupid console wars. Anyone who "defends" their console are idiots who think they are fighting for a cause.

The issues with the wiiU is that third party support is being neglected by nintendo.

You do have a point, too bad there's a thing called Nintendo Pride, Sadly. There's no end to this console wars has it is.

Edited by Soulphoenix1

6/19/14: More LIES yet again! MK8 (Mario kart 8) was supposed to fix the Wii U, yet again. this is not Enough to a fix, add in Metroid for the fans for once. The Wii U has zero variety. ZERO! and the XB1 and PS4 has good variety.

I'm not an Nintendo hater, I'm just &!$$ed off because Nintendo resorted COD way for Mario. They are better than that.

Edited by Soulphoenix1

6/19/14: More LIES yet again! MK8 (Mario kart 8) was supposed to fix the Wii U, yet again. this is not Enough to fix, add in Metroid for the fans for once. The Wii U has zero variety. ZERO! and the XB1 and PS4 has good variety.

I'm not an Nintendo hater, I'm just &!$$ed off because Nintendo resorted COD way. They are better than that.

It's run by old people set in their ways.

Once it shifts generations, we might see more innovation.

Until then? Steam sale.

It's run by old people set in their ways.

Once it shifts generations, we might see more innovation.

Until then? Steam sale.

More Worse: Nintendo is limiting TV cameos to Nick and CN (Cartoon Network 6AM to 8PM) and punishing themselves. XB1 and PS4 open and free.

Please fire Iwata.

The only thing I don't like about the Wii-U is that I can't play my old Gamecube games, which means no Metroid Prime, Starfox Adventures, Need For Speed: Underground 2, Star Wars: Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast, Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 and Rebel Strike, Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

And of course, the mother of all gamecube games. Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Other than that though, Nintendo is still a Juggernaught. Their games are meant to be played with a Lan party with all your friends or family. So ya, of course most of its games are going to be Mario, he is the face of Nintendo afterall. Wii-U is more family oriented than hardcore gaming.

And we'll be getting a new Zelda that's going to be open world, though it will have the cartoon shading that was used by the Wind Waker, the Wind Waker is considered an open world game too, but from what I heard, the new Zelda will feel like Skyrim, so it will be leagues ahead of what Wind Waker was.

Edited by __Kanade__

Other than that though, Nintendo is still a Juggernaught. Their games are meant to be played with a Lan party with all your friends or family. So ya, of course most of its games are going to be Mario, he is the face of Nintendo afterall. Wii-U is more family oriented than hardcore gaming.

Once more. Good idea, but still EA and Unisoft aborted 3rd party support for that, without Metroid, the only action-Si-Fi-Dark and drama series, the Wii-U is dead in the water. (and after that IW and Activision, the devs of Call of duty will ruin Metroid)

I've said Metroid that much, haven't I?

Edited by Soulphoenix1

You dang people these days and your fancy beep boop boxes. Here are things with great entertainment value.

xiLIdVr.jpg1JVSk4Q.jpgoku39mw.jpg

This is a joke, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't an avid user of those "beep boop boxes".

Edited by InritusOO

You dang people these days and your fancy beep boop boxes. Here are things with great entertainment value.

xiLIdVr.jpg1JVSk4Q.jpgoku39mw.jpg

This is a joke, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't an avid user of those "beep boop boxes".

Me and my buddies still use that system to play D&D when we get drunk every so often.

The stick is usually used to scratch one's back, though.

• 2 weeks later...

7/5/2014. Again, MK8 was good, but didn't jump start the Wii-U. This can't even play World of Warcraft, and that game was made in 2004! Also from my past post. Sonic Boom has Cryengine 3 for combat, why is Nintendo not planning for the engine to place it on Metroid? 

• 2 weeks later...

Back again. Some of these ppl are calling the XB1 and PS4 S**t exclusives because of the Wii-U having good ones. Nope, all three of them have good exclusives, They're just being Nintendo Loyalists (That goes with others too) 

All three consoles have good exclusives. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo aren't perfect.

The WiiU is the only console worth buying at this point. All the games for PS4 and Xbone are either boring or just painfully generic apart from destiny and Warframe. At least nintendo has fun stuff like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

This is coming from a guy who used to swear by his PS3. 

Edited by Plasmaface

The WiiU is the only console worth buying at this point. All the games for PS4 and Xbone are either boring or just painfully generic apart from destiny and Warframe. At least nintendo has fun stuff like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Nope, PS4 and XB1 has some good exclusives like Warframe, Titanfall, MGS5: Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, COD: Advance warfare (coming soon) Farcry 4, The Last of Us: Remastered edition, Indie games, BF4, Forza 5, Dragon Age and Witcher 3. The Wii-U has good exclusives like MK8, X, Bayonetta 2, SSB4 and Hyrule Warriors.

All three of them have good exclusives.

oh wow.. a console/pc war thread  on a f2p game forum? genius... why do i even reply? but i try...

1. get off ur high ross and accept that its just UR opinion and NOTHING is a fact

2.  the whole "but.. but.. console B is > console A cause.. bla bla " is so freakin childish and ...well i have to watch what i write or i get banned here

my "opinion"

if ur a hardcore gamer: u get every console anyway of the current gen.  or at least  pc - wii u  and then u choose ps4/x1  (exlusives matter)

my opinion: 

if you want the best graphics,nice game-prices,playing with keyboard/mouse and also like stuff as RTS game and mobas (just an example) 

you will get a high end PC 

i as a pc user would NEVER get stuff like call of children.. eh duty. on a console or other stuff that also comes out on the pc. but thats just me

wii U is an awesome console if you like  mario,zelda,pokemon stuff/franchises. more grown up people play these games than children.

is the wii u worse @graphics and cpu compared to ps4/x1? of course..  is graphic and power a must have for good games? hell naw...

also (for example) mk8 looks amazing. detail.. details..  nothing more to say.

i also love the new mario bros games. sure the core element is the same as always (why change?) but they always bring a new mechanics to the game.  its not just a "mario bros the 300th title with better graphics" (hi @EA)

ps4/x1 there is only 1 factor: exlusives.  for ME so far.. i would buy the ps4 alone cause of bloodborn.  also was never a fan of halo.

i would say if you like mario stuff.. no one can beat the wii u (nintendo) in terms of "exlusive" stuff. right after that.. PC

tl;tr ?

get console/pc if you like the games of that platforms. u can check weeks and hours on stuff like twitch.tv if u like a game or not.

tl;tr 2 

console/pc wars suck

oh wow.. a console/pc war thread  on a f2p game forum? genius... why do i even reply? but i try...

1. get off ur high ross and accept that its just UR opinion and NOTHING is a fact

2.  the whole "but.. but.. console B is > console A cause.. bla bla " is so freakin childish and ...well i have to watch what i write or i get banned here

my "opinion"

if ur a hardcore gamer: u get every console anyway of the current gen.  or at least  pc - wii u  and then u choose ps4/x1  (exlusives matter)

my opinion: 

if you want the best graphics,nice game-prices,playing with keyboard/mouse and also like stuff as RTS game and mobas (just an example) 

you will get a high end PC 

i as a pc user would NEVER get stuff like call of children.. eh duty. on a console or other stuff that also comes out on the pc. but thats just me

wii U is an awesome console if you like  mario,zelda,pokemon stuff/franchises. more grown up people play these games than children.

is the wii u worse @graphics and cpu compared to ps4/x1? of course..  is graphic and power a must have for good games? hell naw...

also (for example) mk8 looks amazing. detail.. details..  nothing more to say.

i also love the new mario bros games. sure the core element is the same as always (why change?) but they always bring a new mechanics to the game.  its not just a "mario bros the 300th title with better graphics" (hi @EA)

ps4/x1 there is only 1 factor: exlusives.  for ME so far.. i would buy the ps4 alone cause of bloodborn.  also was never a fan of halo.

i would say if you like mario stuff.. no one can beat the wii u (nintendo) in terms of "exlusive" stuff. right after that.. PC

tl;tr ?

get console/pc if you like the games of that platforms. u can check weeks and hours on stuff like twitch.tv if u like a game or not.

tl;tr 2 

console/pc wars suck

I agree, i'm mixed with Console and PC itself in a way. This has started all the way back to 1995, looks like it won't stop soon

• 3 months later...

Hadn't returned for this in a while,.

Update: I think its screwed now, Nintendo has neglected so much helpful advice from action fans who wanted Metroid and Starfox. Broken its oath for family gaming that isn't gonna work. Mario games being made in a year, same as COD. Is console can't survive; even with SSB4. It lost all of its trust for EVO. I'm telling all of the Nintendo fans. This console is dead weight. Same thing as dreamcast.

Uncharted 4.

Really, I care little for the console wars, but I will say this much: the PS4 ain't crap. Maybe the xbone is or isn't I don't know and I don't care.

Just. Uncharted 4.