Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Should Be Duplex-Auto

(PSN)clips_ahoii

After a 4 forma build it has grown on me.

But each time I let that trigger go I feel I have no control over the gun to some extent. Pulling the trigger and watching the 2 shot burst rip through the poor opposition in its way gives me goosebumps of the potential this gun has.

The duplex-auto (same fire type as the tigris) will give tenno more control with the sybaris. Say if your sybaris was strong enough to one shot an enemy, you could hold the trigger to take out the next enemy after the 2nd shot, that's where the lever action animation goes into effect. If your mid range and there's a group of infested are rushing you, the simple tap (not holding) would fire the two rounds in quick succession like how the gun is now.

This is my belief of the sybaris being a better controllable monster of a weapon. I just would like to know can DE consider this reform?

Edited by (PS4)clips_ahoii

To put it this way Moriarty, the Sybaris is a very nice weapon that has some odd niche issues to an extent.  As a 2-shot burst firing weapon with a magazine size of 10 it literally only allows for 5 shots, which generally translates to five dead enemies.  It's reload is a tad on the sluggish side for such a number of targets.

Those negatives aside though, the gun hits like an angry bus.  Although it has a lower crit bonus than the Latron Prime it has a higher crit chance, thusly is more "reliable" than the former.  If you can get used to that whole two shot burst dealio it is a fine weapon indeed.  It's best to think of it as more of an odd side-grade variant of the Latron Prime.

As far as the topic at hand rather than that sidebar though;  I definitely think that the Duplex auto firing mechanism would benefit this gun greatly and I'd enjoy the hek out of it.  We need more than just the Tigris for such a gnarly trigger type.

o.o personally I hate the tigris shot system. So ummm I would say no. I just make up for the lack of control with punch through, while lowering the DPS seems overall better for sybaris. (considering all single shot rifles are horrible at CC without punch through or at least IMO) Rather take down 2-4 in a group with 1 shot then click wait release :S

tho this is just from my respective play style since id prefer click be 1 shot over 2 with some duplex thing. Since it requires more thought, which you dont always have the leisure to choose between when you have multiple opponents gunning your butt down.

Edited by dragonkingdx

As someone with a 6 forma Sybaris, all I would like to see is a faster reload speed. The gun is fine as it is otherwise; the drawback of HAVING to shoot both shots at once balances its absurd damage output. 

o.o personally I hate the tigris shot system. So ummm I would say no. I just make up for the lack of control with punch through, while lowering the DPS seems overall better for sybaris. (considering all single shot rifles are horrible at CC without punch through or at least IMO) Rather take down 2-4 in a group with 1 shot then click wait release :S

tho this is just from my respective play style since id prefer click be 1 shot over 2 with some duplex thing. Since it requires more thought, which you dont always have the leisure to choose between when you have multiple opponents gunning your butt down.

I guess it's different for some people cause I always have have the leisure of using common knowledge (ie: when enemies swarm you, find cover or aoe skill) but what's common to others might not be common for everyone else.... that aside, if you did not like the tigris (which is pretty much one shot when you tap the button) something tells me you haven't used or like the sybaris there more or less the same already of your tapping the fire trigger you wait after one click of the button regardless.

As someone with a 6 forma Sybaris, all I would like to see is a faster reload speed. The gun is fine as it is otherwise; the drawback of HAVING to shoot both shots at once balances its absurd damage output. 

It doesn't balance it, it makes it garbage.  The damage output is unnecessary and made meaningless by the number of shots per reload you get.  Anyone with an ounce of sense will be out killing you with any other decent gun.

It doesn't balance it, it makes it garbage.  The damage output is unnecessary and made meaningless by the number of shots per reload you get.  Anyone with an ounce of sense will be out killing you with any other decent gun.

Until you get to a higher level, yes. 

I guess it's different for some people cause I always have have the leisure of using common knowledge (ie: when enemies swarm you, find cover or aoe skill) but what's common to others might not be common for everyone else.... that aside, if you did not like the tigris (which is pretty much one shot when you tap the button) something tells me you haven't used or like the sybaris there more or less the same already of your tapping the fire trigger you wait after one click of the button regardless.

o.o yeah ummm common knowledge doesn't work all the time. Especially in team play when everyone is running around like crazy XD (and is also dependent on WF/still wasting time waiting for the next shot to be lined up to have half damage of a single click) Not like I dont know how to make use of the area/skills when things get dicey. I did hate the tigris because its crappy in comparison to sybaris. (12k vs 34k DPS, and low puncture/impact and high slash vs all around damage)

I personally have no problem with the Tigris Duplex trigger, but I don't prefer it to standard burst fire. In fact I love burst fire, but the Burston and Hind are generally terrible weapon with terrible fire rates that make it a lot more difficult to use. Two-shot burst is fantastic, however. The only real downside, as others have mentioned is the reload. Definitely a great sidegrade to the Latron Prime, as it may not out-DPS, but it's burst DPS is pretty fantastic for single targets.

o.o yeah ummm common knowledge doesn't work all the time. Especially in team play when everyone is running around like crazy XD (and is also dependent on WF/still wasting time waiting for the next shot to be lined up to have half damage of a single click) Not like I dont know how to make use of the area/skills when things get dicey. I did hate the tigris because its crappy in comparison to sybaris. (12k vs 34k DPS, and low puncture/impact and high slash vs all around damage)

lmao your not getting the point, Duplex-auto is a versatile option that cater to bother styles? Does common knowledge come into play if your waiting for an enemy to come in your cross hairs when you can just aim at them rather than wait for them to carelessly go in them? And your a PC user I mind you. I would dislike the duplex too if it means waiting for an enemy to come in my reticle instead of just aiming at them... but hey different strokes for different folks

Sybaris feels weak, but looks awsome however 3 formas to notice where are you going with it, 5 formas to make it shine 6 for a total overkill. a very good weapon that can easily last till late game. currently my Fav gun :). On topic : i  don't want a duplex on it, would ruin it for me but that is just my opinion, all it needs is a 0,2 or 0,4 faster realod to make it  a really great gun :) 

Sybaris feels weak, but looks awsome however 3 formas to notice where are you going with it, 5 formas to make it shine 6 for a total overkill. a very good weapon that can easily last till late game. currently my Fav gun :). On topic : i  don't want a duplex on it, would ruin it for me but that is just my opinion, all it needs is a 0,2 or 0,4 faster realod to make it  a really great gun :) 

Okay seriously would you even notice if they changed it to duplex auto? Do you compulsively hold down the trigger when you fire because I genuinely want to know why people would oppose this

Wait so everyone was whining that the sybaris was absolutely horrible at first, not I'm hearing more and more that its actually decent... did it get a buff, or were people just surprised that it didnt come out of the box glowing with power-creep?

I might actually collect it from my foundary now...

It was never bad in the first place. People just whined and moaned about it being two shot and not being obscene high damage, even though the damage is obviously crit based, and it is a weapon that requires some accuracy, not just spray n pray.

It was never bad in the first place. People just whined and moaned about it being two shot and not being obscene high damage, even though the damage is obviously crit based, and it is a weapon that requires some accuracy, not just spray n pray.

This. It also requires 6 forma to actually unlock its potential where as many other popular weapons do not. 

As much as I definitely agree with you, be prepared to be met with a wall of varying types of "no".  For some reason a lot of people absolutely hate the Duplex Auto firing mechanism.

Sadly it hinders me a lot. I'd forma my tigris which looks really cool but that firing mechanism keeps me away. Now im on my way to 5. forma on Sybaris, would hate to have it fire like that.

Sadly it hinders me a lot. I'd forma my tigris which looks really cool but that firing mechanism keeps me away. Now im on my way to 5. forma on Sybaris, would hate to have it fire like that.

Do you hold down the trigger when you fire? Because if you don't then it literally changes nothing about how you use it