Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Should Be Duplex-Auto

(PSN)clips_ahoii

as someone who has a 6-forma sybaris and a 5-forma tigris, i would love it if the sybaris had the tigris's trigger mechanism, but i can see how that would make it totally OP. the tigris's awesome firepower is somewhat mitigated by having only 2 rounds; the sybaris's power is mitigated by making you shoot both rounds. i'm okay with where the sybaris is. its burst damage is insane. if you need to mow down crowds, use shred or metal auger.

I'd like to see the duplex auto mechanic be played into the Sybaris. It seems it would fit a two-burst tenno just like the Tigris is. 

It would also be nice for a reload speed buff to go with it. Nothing to do with the damage, but 5 trigger pulls with a slowish reload time seems sucky.

lmao your not getting the point, Duplex-auto is a versatile option that cater to bother styles? Does common knowledge come into play if your waiting for an enemy to come in your cross hairs when you can just aim at them rather than wait for them to carelessly go in them? And your a PC user I mind you. I would dislike the duplex too if it means waiting for an enemy to come in my reticle instead of just aiming at them... but hey different strokes for different folks

It doesn't matter since you only have to use it differently if you want to single fire.  People who just want to spam burst fire won't have to change anything about how they use it.

as someone who has a 6-forma sybaris and a 5-forma tigris, i would love it if the sybaris had the tigris's trigger mechanism, but i can see how that would make it totally OP. the tigris's awesome firepower is somewhat mitigated by having only 2 rounds; the sybaris's power is mitigated by making you shoot both rounds. i'm okay with where the sybaris is. its burst damage is insane. if you need to mow down crowds, use shred or metal auger.

How about this:

* Make Sybaris have the duplex mechanism (pure win/win: It becomes more versatile and those that hate duplex won't even notice it if they use it as before)

* Up the damage further on Tigris and/or give it 1 meter innate punchthrough and/or faster reload. Preferably all 3 imo.

Do you hold down the trigger when you fire? Because if you don't then it literally changes nothing about how you use it

Sigh you wouldn't get this but its made to be that way. That is one of the reasons why I say no. Your asking them to change it to suit your play style. Which in turn takes some time for them to adjust it (time that they can use on making new/better stuff or fixes)

Hell if we are gonna ask to change how things fire why not have all bows fire without charge cuz its just easier that way/add it so you can fire multiple arrows at once with a bigger clip.(by holding a few arrows in your hand but docking 1 at a time) Same with orgis click -> boom, or make soma fire in bursts like the burston so you dont have to let go of the mouse so you can save some ammo.

Its made the way it is for a reason :S You would find it nice because it suits your way of playing, and im not gonna argue that people wouldn't notice it if they dont like it because that is true. However all weapons have a set way of firing thats just how it is.

Sigh you wouldn't get this but its made to be that way. That is one of the reasons why I say no. Your asking them to change it to suit your play style. Which in turn takes some time for them to adjust it (time that they can use on making new/better stuff or fixes)

Hell if we are gonna ask to change how things fire why not have all bows fire without charge cuz its just easier that way/add it so you can fire multiple arrows at once with a bigger clip.(by holding a few arrows in your hand but docking 1 at a time) Same with orgis click -> boom, or make soma fire in bursts like the burston so you dont have to let go of the mouse so you can save some ammo.

Its made the way it is for a reason :S You would find it nice because it suits your way of playing, and im not gonna argue that people wouldn't notice it if they dont like it because that is true. However all weapons have a set way of firing thats just how it is.

tit for tat, you want the sybaris to stay the same to fit your playstyle, this game is an beta so anything is subject to a reform example: torrid. All we are asking is to add the duplex feature into consideration. This doesnt change anything about the gun, but I doubt someone who can't even use a mouse, let alone understand the possibility of this feature. Edited by (PS4)clips_ahoii

tit for tat, you want the sybaris to stay the same to fit your playstyle, this game is an beta so anything is subject to a reform example: torrid. All we are asking is to add the duplex feature into consideration. This doesnt change anything about the gun, but I doubt someone who can't even use a mouse, let alone understand the possibility of this feature.

o.o to stay the same to fit my play style? Its not a call for fitting my play style by saying its fine the way it is. (as im sure you missed the point that I said it really wouldn't effect me if it changed) Your asking them to make a change because you want it different. Change requires time and money. By simply stating that it was made to fire the way it fires im stating a fact. Asking for it to change because you like how another weapons fires requires that time and money just to appease a few people. (hence one of the reasons why I say I dont believe it should change)

Your even going further to state that I dont know how to use a mouse, which I find offensive. As I understand how to use a feature however I choose not to because I find it lackluster in comparison to what I can do without it. (which is my personal preference) Just because something fires differently from how you want it to fire doesn't mean it should change because no one would really be effected by such a change. All changes cost something. Id rather that they would fix some current problems over change something that would not really cause any difference in how the weapon is used.

tit for tat, you want the sybaris to stay the same to fit your playstyle, this game is an beta so anything is subject to a reform example: torrid. All we are asking is to add the duplex feature into consideration. This doesnt change anything about the gun, but I doubt someone who can't even use a mouse, let alone understand the possibility of this feature.

If DE reads this thread, they will consider whether a duplex feature is appropriate. What dragonkingdx says won't change that. Chill. What you should be considering is whether making Sybaris duplex will make it OP. I don't know honestly, but it's obvious it will make it better than it is without duplex, because those who can use duplex effectively will be able to kill twice (if not 4-5 times as many with punch-through) as many enemies as they can now. So, I'm guessing you think Sybaris duplex is balanced. Are you sure about that?

P.S., I would love Sybaris duplex, but I think it should have a reload nerf if that happens. Which then would suck for those who don't like duplex. GODDAMMIT, YOU CAN NEVER WIN ;(

If the duplex system ruins a gun for someone, they have some real click-and-hold issues with semi-auto weaponry.  I can't imagine anyone taking anything that ISN'T an automatic and getting very far if the duplex system, which essentially works in the same manner as a semi automatic, only with slightly more "burst fire" control, is somehow an issue.

The ONLY justification I can come up with for the forced two fire burst is that the intent is to effectively halve the player's ammo pool.  In stead of one shot that deals 140 damage, the weapon consumes two shots to deal 140 damage.  Kind of like how some guns in Borderlands 2 consumed 2-4 rounds per shot to justify their damage output.

The ONLY justification I can come up with for the forced two fire burst is that the intent is to effectively halve the player's ammo pool.  In stead of one shot that deals 140 damage, the weapon consumes two shots to deal 140 damage.  Kind of like how some guns in Borderlands 2 consumed 2-4 rounds per shot to justify their damage output.

If it were sniper ammo you would have a point. However your using rifle ammo which has the highest ammo pool. Its hard to run out of ammo with guns like sybaris

Do you hold down the trigger when you fire? Because if you don't then it literally changes nothing about how you use it

I know but if they make it like that its going to be another Semi auto or that type of firing mechanism using weapon. Its a burstfire weapon

If DE reads this thread, they will consider whether a duplex feature is appropriate. What dragonkingdx says won't change that. Chill. What you should be considering is whether making Sybaris duplex will make it OP. I don't know honestly, but it's obvious it will make it better than it is without duplex, because those who can use duplex effectively will be able to kill twice (if not 4-5 times as many with punch-through) as many enemies as they can now. So, I'm guessing you think Sybaris duplex is balanced. Are you sure about that?

P.S., I would love Sybaris duplex, but I think it should have a reload nerf if that happens. Which then would suck for those who don't like duplex. GODDAMMIT, YOU CAN NEVER WIN ;(

I don't think it would be OP at all. In fact, Latron Prime would still remain quite a bit superior. Per individual bullet, LP has higher damage and higher crit damage (but lower crit chance), on top of the weapon having a higher fire rate and bigger magazine, with a slightly slower reload time. So if anything, making Sybaris using Duplex would STILL not tread on LP's superiority, it'd just be more like a sidegrade / slight downgrade from LP.

If the duplex system ruins a gun for someone, they have some real click-and-hold issues with semi-auto weaponry.  I can't imagine anyone taking anything that ISN'T an automatic and getting very far if the duplex system, which essentially works in the same manner as a semi

lmaoooo, I was thinking the same

o.o to stay the same to fit my play style? Its not a call for fitting my play style by saying its fine the way it is. (as im sure you missed the point that I said it really wouldn't effect me if it changed) Your asking them to make a change because you want it different. Change requires time and money. By simply stating that it was made to fire the way it fires im stating a fact. Asking for it to change because you like how another weapons fires requires that time and money just to appease a few people. (hence one of the reasons why I say I dont believe it should change)

You're making it sound like it's some massive change that would take hundreds of hours. It's not. It's a small change that probably wouldn't require any new assets, and it does nothing but improve the weapon for everyone that uses it.

You're making it sound like it's some massive change that would take hundreds of hours. It's not. It's a small change that probably wouldn't require any new assets, and it does nothing but improve the weapon for everyone that uses it.

Regardless out of how much time it takes it still will take some time to do. And for what to appease a small group of people? Its time better spent on something more important. And how does it make it better for everyone? It only makes it better for those who want to use it a certain way. Like I mentioned a few posts ago id love orgis/soma/bows like paris/dread to have a change in how they fire, but overall the change would only serve a small amount of people. (as the time spent even considering that can be better used to fix the current errors in the game and the thread will fall into the piles of suggestions they already get)

o.o the OP wanted to make it seem like there is no reason why it shouldn't be done to suit his preference, and that anyone who disagrees has no right to because there is no downside on how its used. There is always a downside this one being time and money. After all you do have to pay people to do something in a business. In business changes are made to suit larger portions of people. Sybaris shoots the way it shoots your free not to like it, and your free to make a suggestion to have it change. Your also free to use it or not use it. However you need to weigh the needs and wants in a game. This suggestion falls as a want therefore it usually will come after the needs. (hence me mentioning that they should fix the bugs first)

Edited by dragonkingdx

o.o the OP wanted to make it seem like there is no reason why it shouldn't be done to suit his preference, and that anyone who disagrees has no right to because there is no downside on how its used. There is always a downside this one being time and money. After all you do have to pay people to do something in a business. In business changes are made to suit larger portions of people. Sybaris shoots the way it shoots your free not to like it, and your free to make a suggestion to have it change. Your also free to use it or not use it. However you need to weigh the needs and wants in a game. This suggestion falls as a want therefore it usually will come after the needs. (hence me mentioning that they should fix the bugs first)

I don't think that there's much of a reason not to change the Sybaris's firing mechanism. It's a small and simple change, I don't see how it would cost any significant amount of time or money (unless I'm just uninformed), or take anything away from time spent on bug fixing.

Also, whose to say the group of people that want D-Auto on the Sybaris is very small? Even if it is, the cost to do so and please this group, be it small or large, would be minimal, in my own opinion.

Personally I'd love a duplex-auto Sybaris, but I don't see it happening without a small nerf in some other area, maybe extending the reload speed a little.

Edited by (PS4)bjTBITS

Regardless out of how much time it takes it still will take some time to do. So does everything.

And for what to appease a small group of people? That "small group of people" is everyone that uses the weapon.

Its time better spent on something more important. DE has more than enough staff to handle adding an improvement such as this. You make it sound like adding this will delay the next update for weeks. And the whole point of a beta is to collect feedback and make improvements based on that feedback. ALL POTENTIAL IMPROVEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT.

And how does it make it better for everyone? It only makes it better for those who want to use it a certain way. This improvement would be helpful to the majority of people using this weapon. Unless everyone likes wasting shots on dead targets when using a slow-reloading, precision rifle.

Like I mentioned a few posts ago id love orgis/soma/bows like paris/dread to have a change in how they fire, but overall the change would only serve a small amount of people. Irrelevant. The things you listed where complete overhauls that completely change the way the weapon fires. Changing the Sybaris to duplex-auto only adds extra functionality without affecting systems people are already familiar with.

(as the time spent even considering that can be better used to fix the current errors in the game and the thread will fall into the piles of suggestions they already get) Once again, DE is not some tiny company. They have more than enough staff to make improvements to existing content while at the same time adding new content and fixing bugs.

o.o the OP wanted to make it seem like there is no reason why it shouldn't be done to suit his preference, and that anyone who disagrees has no right to because there is no downside on how its used. There is always a downside this one being time and money. After all you do have to pay people to do something in a business. In business changes are made to suit larger portions of people. Sybaris shoots the way it shoots your free not to like it, and your free to make a suggestion to have it change. Your also free to use it or not use it. However you need to weigh the needs and wants in a game. This suggestion falls as a want therefore it usually will come after the needs. (hence me mentioning that they should fix the bugs first) Read above points.

I don't think that there's much of a reason not to change the Sybaris's firing mechanism. It's a small and simple change, I don't see how it would cost any significant amount of time or money (unless I'm just uninformed), or take anything away from time spent on bug fixing.

Also, whose to say the group of people that want D-Auto on the Sybaris is very small? Even if it is, the cost to do so and please this group, be it small or large, would be minimal, in my own opinion.

Personally I'd love a duplex-auto Sybaris, but I don't see it happening without a small nerf in some other area, maybe extending the reload speed a little.

It costs something. Even if small in business sense money spent is meant to make money. Things like this are wants not needs, therefore they usually (and this is usually not always) go behind more important things such as bugs/updates.

That "small group of people" is everyone that uses the weapon.

DE has more than enough staff to handle adding an improvement such as this. You make it sound like adding this will delay the next update for weeks. And the whole point of a beta is to collect feedback and make improvements based on that feedback. ALL POTENTIAL IMPROVEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT.

This improvement would be helpful to the majority of people using this weapon. Unless everyone likes wasting shots on dead targets when using a slow-reloading, precision rifle.

Irrelevant. The things you listed where complete overhauls that completely change the way the weapon fires. Changing the Sybaris to duplex-auto only adds extra functionality without affecting systems people are already familiar with.

Once again, DE is not some tiny company. They have more than enough staff to make improvements to existing content while at the same time adding new content and fixing bugs.

Read above points.

Just copied because you made it a pain to read >.> That small group is the people who want the change to duplex auto. o.o you dont think everyone used the tigris like you did do you? Im pretty sure a larger group of people dont even know that you can hold it to prevent it from firing a separate shot. (considering most shotguns up to it have been point click shoot)

Staff size is irrelevant as they have departments working on things already. Why do you think u14 isn't out yet and why so many people were hyped about it coming out/asking why it hasn't come out yet? They are obviously busy otherwise if they had people to spare it would have had its kinks worked out by now. As big as they may be everyone has a set job to do and already has an agenda. New things just add on to that agenda. In case you didn't know thats how a business is, they dont have people sitting on their butts with nothing to do :S

As for the changes that you said are irrelevant why not? we are asking DE to change something after all like you claimed its in beta things can change. You see no point in it because it changes how something is used, but its still using the same reason that you are. Its to your liking that you want it changed. You see the point now?

They made Sybaris to be like the LP but with dual shots at a click. Its how the weapon was made to fire giving double output in a single shot. Just because you believe its overkill doesnt mean it needs to be changed so you can save ammo. The argument on that is horrible as its literally in the same class as orgis/penta/any other rifle that uses rifle ammo. You literally have to not pick up anything to run out. XD

Just because the tigris has such a fire system does not mean this should have it. Besides that look at how big the tigris clip is and look at what type of weapon it is. 2 clip capacity which means your insta reloading after 1 click giving some point in wanting to save a shot so your not reloading all the time. And its a shotgun which has a smaller ammo pool than a rifle. Sybaris has a bigger pool and a bigger clip so it has no need of being duplex auto, hell they might as well make it single fire. (since that is literally what your asking for with duplex auto in which case just pick up a latron prime) After all your trying to compare a shotgun to a rifle which is hard to do since they actually are different. If and only if sybaris had 2 bullets per clip I could see some reason for a change. (again wouldn't be a big reason considering its huge ammo pool) But alas I fear some may just plain not understand things.

Im not saying it cant happen, it could. (it seems very unlikely to me that it would) However as a company people have priorities suggestions like this are on the lower end of the priorities list. :S

Edited by dragonkingdx

As for the changes that you said are irrelevant why not? we are asking DE to change something after all like you claimed its in beta things can change. You see no point in it because it changes how something is used, but its still using the same reason that you are. Its to your liking that you want it changed. You see the point now?

He never said he saw no point. He said that the examples you gave were irrelevant to the topic, which was changing the Sybaris to duplex-auto, and explained how your examples were irrelevant, but it seems you're the one who missed the point.

They made Sybaris to be like the LP but with dual shots at a click. Its how the weapon was made to fire giving double output in a single shot. Just because you believe its overkill doesnt mean it needs to be changed so you can save ammo. The argument on that is horrible as its literally in the same class as orgis/penta/any other rifle that uses rifle ammo. You literally have to not pick up anything to run out. XD

Once again, you miss the point. As aa777nx said, the Sybaris has a somewhat large reload, and it doesn't help when you're wasting shots. He never said anything about reserve ammo.

Just because the tigris has such a fire system does not mean this should have it. Besides that look at how big the tigris clip is and look at what type of weapon it is. 2 clip capacity which means your insta reloading after 1 click giving some point in wanting to save a shot so your not reloading all the time. And its a shotgun which has a smaller ammo pool than a rifle. Sybaris has a bigger pool and a bigger clip so it has no need of being duplex auto, hell they might as well make it single fire. (since that is literally what your asking for with duplex auto in which case just pick up a latron prime) After all your trying to compare a shotgun to a rifle which is hard to do since they actually are different. If and only if sybaris had 2 bullets per clip I could see some reason for a change.

When did he ever compare the Sybaris to the Tigris?

But alas I fear some may just plain not understand things.

That sure shows.

So basically your argument is that they shouldn't do anything that isn't 

a) bug fixes, or

b) monetized content.

There's really no reason not to change it. It would make the Sybaris more interesting, more accurate, more efficient, and all around more appealing, for basically no effort. It's not like they have to implement a new mechanic; they just have to change the trigger class. In all likelihood, it's literally as easy as ctrl-c, ctrl-v.

And people don't use the Tigris mostly because it's underpowered. For one thing, it's a shotgun, so it's already disadvantaged, but it also has a tiny magazine and an exceptionally-long reload, all things considered. 

Regardless out of how much time it takes it still will take some time to do. And for what to appease a small group of people? Its time better spent on something more important. And how does it make it better for everyone? It only makes it better for those who want to use it a certain way. Like I mentioned a few posts ago id love orgis/soma/bows like paris/dread to have a change in how they fire, but overall the change would only serve a small amount of people. (as the time spent even considering that can be better used to fix the current errors in the game and the thread will fall into the piles of suggestions they already get)

lmaoooo all I said was to take duplex auto into deep consideration, I never demanded them to make it duplex, and if you don't know, they are paid to tweak the game and there's always changes ( he clearly doesn't watch dev streams) even others are even telling you it would take more time and effort to program the motion of a syandana than it would to add duplex. But as it stands, I see I'm not the only tenno that would like to have duplex-auto on the sybaris. Hopefully it gets addressed during the next dev stream. You should tune in dragonking, you can see what the devs are up to and what changes are being made. Edited by (PS4)clips_ahoii

Your asking them to make a change because you want it different. Change requires time and money.

I'm pretty sure changing Sybaris to duplex auto would literally just be editing the trigger type value

I know but if they make it like that its going to be another Semi auto or that type of firing mechanism using weapon. Its a burstfire weapon

And you'll still be able to use it like a burst fire weapon, it just opens up more options for the player that include being more ammo efficient