Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Build Akbronco Prime?

sneakatone

Question

I have a bronco prime , potatoed and a couple forma. I know it deals more damage than the dual one. But is it worth it? I dont really care that I put some effort in the bronco prime , I can always redo the formas. I just wanna save some cells.

"Both weapons have firerate bigger than magazine so I gonna assume that they both empty their magazine within 1 second" 

Even if we assume that to be true (its not, unless you're using a click macro or scroll bind your RoF is going to be the same) the limiting factor is the reload.

Using your numbers, Bronco Prime does 22k and takes 1 sec to fire the clip, then 2 secs to reload, so 22k in 3 sec = 7.3k DPS

AkBronco Prime does 24.6k in 1 sec to fire and 2.3 seconds to reload, so 7.4k DPS

Basically the same.

However, if we plug in 5 clicks per second (a fairly reasonable number) and the build into WarframeBuilder we end up with Bronco Prime pulling 8k DPS and AkBronco Prime pulling only 7.3k. 

In practice Bronco Prime pulls better damage than Akbronco Prime. The dual version costs literally more than twice as much and only pulls ahead in status chance, so you can see why we're a little disappointed in it.

That said the potential as a status weapon is rather insane, especially with the 3 event mods now.