Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burst Weapons

ENDER357

Burston and Hind are a couple of mean hitting guns but there is the slight issue of ammo inefficiency when you kill a thing before the burst is over

they are bad, too. The DPS is low and the sustained damage is lower.

Edited by nekrojiji

Burston Prime is very accurate. You should take a note to that too if comparing it to full auto fire. Thus, delivering more headshots and less wasting bullets on distance.

There are plentey situations where that cames in handy. If you are a good marksman, Burston Prime is awesome for doing regular missions.

For group killing, it's not so fun... obviously, but not entirely useless either.

Sybaris... I don't know what to do with this gun and why it had to be burst. I never built Hind, because I thinks it's so ugly :D

Sybaris is like a Kraken that performs right out of the box, and doesn't feel awfully sluggish without mods.

It also has a very reasonable reload and can be built for crit or status.

It's just a solid weapon that doesn't particularly excel at anything, but feels nice to shoot.

No Sybaris (6 forma) is a very strong weapon with high sustained DPS (18811.65) and very good ammo efficiency.

It's a very powerfull weapon for high level.

18k DPS makes it a decent weapon, but there are superior choice for the min-max'ers. 

There's... Boltor Prime (21k DPS), Phage (20k DPS - Limited range though), Brakk (30k DPS - Limited effective range though)

Heck, the Soma that lots of people think is god tier only does 16k DPS.

Sybaris is a very strong weapon (Especially with it's 43k Burst DPS), it's just not as popular because of how it feels to use it (Also, that DPS drop from lag/low FPS) - Lots of people aren't fans of the limited magazine (10 rounds - 5 clicks) and it's reload speed (A modest 2 seconds - About average but can break the flow with how quickly it's magazine can be emptied)

Edited by Tarille

Horrible mechanic, imo.

Too often you use either too few or too many bullets.

Hated them enough in Mass Effect so that I'm not even going to bother with them in this game.

No Sybaris (6 forma) is a very strong weapon with high sustained DPS (18811.65) and very good ammo efficiency.

It's a very powerfull weapon for high level.

And would've been even better as semi-automatic.

As it is, I'd rather use Attica.

Edited by UncommonUnicorn

so how many people use burst weapons? like the burston, the hind....

what is bad about them?

i have my own problems with them.....such as the fire rate being tied to FPS, and the RoF not truely being affected by RoF increase mods

what about everyone else?

My most used primary is the Burston Prime.

The only downside I can see with burst weapons is fighting a horde of enemies swarming you. If you can kill something with one bullet, you might want to sway a burst to hit more.

I also don't like the FPS issue either :/

There's... Boltor Prime (21k DPS), Phage (20k DPS - Limited range though), Brakk (30k DPS - Limited effective range though)

Heck, the Soma that lots of people think is god tier only does 16k DPS.

Sybaris is a very strong weapon (Especially with it's 43k Burst DPS), it's just not as popular because of how it feels to use it (Also, that DPS drop from lag/low FPS) - Lots of people aren't fans of the limited magazine (10 rounds - 5 clicks) and it's reload speed (A modest 2 seconds - About average but can break the flow with how quickly it's magazine can be emptied)

Boltor Prime has 30k+ DPS and Brakk has 58k DPS.

Sybaris ha 30k+(because you want to hit with it at long range) DPS also. 

Edited by nekrojiji

Burston was one of my favorite guns when I was a young Tenno. It baffled me that I never saw anyone else using it.

I hated Sicarus but Sicarus Prime was pretty good, I've forma'd mine a few times.

Hind would have been one of my favorite rifles of all if it didn't look like an infested crawler who got caught in barbed wire, rather than, say, a rifle.

Burston Prime is one of my top weapons to this day, and one of my fallbacks for high level content. Fairly consistently top scoreboards with it.

Sybaris was... surprisingly lackluster. Its numbers are great, yeah, I can see that, but using it didn't... feel right. I dunno. I'd rather use Grinlok as a lever action and Burston Prime as a burst rifle.

They're all excellent weapons, just not 'the best'. Nothing can compare to Boltor Prime, honestly.

Boltor Prime has 30k+ DPS and Brakk has 58k DPS.

Sybaris ha 30k+(because you want to hit with it at long range) DPS also. 

I was comparing Sustained DPS, not Burst DPS.

Otherwise I'd be comparing them to Angstrums 80k+ burst DPS, Brakk's 80k+ burst DPS, Akbronco Prime's 70k+ Burst DPS, Boar Prime's 50k Burst DPS etc.

Burst weapon are nice as they pack quite a punch but you do risk losing ammo if you kill the enemies before the burst ends. Hind is another story, it's not a bad weapon, but the model always irks me, it doesn't even look grineer at all, it's just a baguette loaded with bullets.