Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Quick Suggestion On What To Do To Thunderbolt

EDeN153

I didn't know where to put this, so feel free to "Move to the proper section."

------

Well, it seems Thunderbolt hasn't been touched in a very long time. No one mentions it or complains about it anymore, nor does DE say anything about it, well at least from what I've seen.

I suggest taking out Thunderbolt's "chance to explode" as what ranks up when you fuse and put in "% of damage." The chance to explode now ties in with status chance. Now, the mods ranks up a "% of damage" meaning, let's say 15% at one point, 15% of my raw damage is how much damage the explosion does. The percentage of damage is only taken from the main three damage groups any given weapon has; the slash, impact and puncture.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Meh.

Currently my bow does 2818 damage. With (100%/x4.4) crits that's 12399 damage.

With ALL THREE event status chance mods, your proposal would make the AOE a 79% chance for 15% of 1006 non-elemental damage, i.e. 150.9.  That's even less than the trivial and pointless damage it does now. And Thunderbolt takes over the slot for Vital Sense, so the the direct impact damage would only be 5636.

I still wouldn't use Thunderbolt.  Bows have mediocre status chance, and by the time you mod the bow to get that up high enough to matter then you've thrown away its real power.  To be interesting, Thunderbolt must be a percentage of final damage and not completely ruin the basic performance of the weapon to achieve.

Meh.

Currently my bow does 2818 damage. With (100%/x4.4) crits that's 12399 damage.

With ALL THREE event status chance mods, your proposal would make the AOE a 79% chance for 15% of 1006 non-elemental damage, i.e. 150.9.  That's even less than the trivial and pointless damage it does now. And Thunderbolt takes over the slot for Vital Sense, so the the direct impact damage would only be 5636.

I still wouldn't use Thunderbolt.  Bows have mediocre status chance, and by the time you mod the bow to get that up high enough to matter then you've thrown away its real power.  To be interesting, Thunderbolt must be a percentage of final damage and not completely ruin the basic performance of the weapon to achieve.

I was giving an example, hence the "let's say."

15% isn't nearly enough, and now that I think about it, I could just go ahead and make the percentage apply to the entire damage pool.