The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De, All I Want For U15 Is Polish.

ZyloWolfzan

In the latest Livestream(#31) you talked about how your updates tend to go back and forth from new player stuff, to veteran player stuff, and that U14 is planned towards making the new player experience better, so the next update planned will be towards Veteren players. I hope that is true, and I hope you go all the way with it. This is what I want you to do DE. Instead of making ANYTHING new in the game, I want all those teams making stats for new weapons, and balancing for new weapons, and frames, etc. I want you to take all those people and focus their attentions towards all the older weapons in the game. I want you to focus your whole and entire attention on balancing out all of the weaponry, all the frame powers, all the mods, and mechanics, smooth out the graphics optimization, try and fix massive RNG issues, and overall just focus WHOLLY on polishing the game up. I want this so much so, that I am asking you not to release a single new weapon, new frame, new sentinel, nothing new, only polish. Please.

Warframe is a wonderful game, the concept is amazing, the art direction is fantastic, the gameplay is fast-paced and wild, it's awesome. However it lacks polish in SO MANY areas. Weapons that are supposed to be 'end-game' clan-tech, and some hunter drops like the Detron are EXTREMELY weak, and cannot at ALL compare to single weapons which have absolutely dominated the playing field, things like the Soma, the Brakk, and the Dragon Nikana are absolutely the best of the best, and leave almost no reason to even bother with every other weapon in the game. Deciding on your arsenal becomes less of a personal choice to load down your Warframe with weapons you enjoy, and more becomes "Google how much DPS all weapons have and get the highest numbers." Because everyone will get furious at you and refuse to let you into T3 or T4 keys because they think your weapon choices aren't up to par. Your choice in weaponry should be a personal one, and most weapons should be somewhat equal, and there should be equality, and balance between high tier weaponry. The Brakk should not COMPLETELY blow the Detron out of the water. The Synapse should not TOTALLY destroy the Flux Rifle, and Ignis in power, the Marelok and Akstillettos should not be basically the only clan-tech pistols worth buying. Weapons like the Supra which are EXTREMELY hard to build, and obtain should be extremely powerful, and not totally destroyed by a simple market purchase weapon like the Soma.

So, DE, please. For U15, all I want is you to polish your game, balance your weapons, and your frames, make sure that we have multiple, viable, low, mid, and high tier weapons that are ALL of equal usefulness, and viability compared to other weapons of the same tier. We need you to do this DE, because right now, as it stands, the majority of players will just see that the Soma, Brakk, and Dragon Nikana are the best, they will get those, and never care about any other weapons unless they are made even MORE OP and powerful than those big three. Power Creep is a solid issue that MUST be focused on.

signed so please DE, grant my U15 day wish.

Zylo the Wolfbane

+1

I usually hate these kinds of rants where people say JUST FIX BUGS because most of the staff isn't usually involved in whatever the buggy issue at hand is, but Warframe is so thoroughly bugged and backlogged that I can actually see DE as a studio calling time out and entirely focusing on clean up for an update at this point.

+1 to all of that.

I wish instead of making some weapons useless, how about give them buffs of some sort (like higher base crit%, higher crit multiplier, faster reload speed, high firing rates, etc.) that would still put them on par with the meta weapons, but not in terms of raw damage. You don't have to fully focus on RAW DAMAGE of the weapons, but increasing some of these auxiliary stats should do more good than bad.

For example, my baby (Supra) can still hit somewhat hard on low-to-mid level enemies, but with all of the new weapons being released as both clan tech and Market, they're slowly putting it behind and making it obsolete. Enemies with their bolstered resistance at higher levels clearly reflect this.

Edited by Trowicia

I would like an update dedicated to bug fixes and general improvements to Warframe (enemies, weapon uniqueness etc.), just so that it can shine, stand up on itself and shout to the gaming world that it is a game worthy of countless playing hours. 

So yes, I agree with this thread. 

Edited by Renegade343

+1 for sure

Love this game but one thing it lacks in many regards is polish. Calling a time out and focusing on quality of life for the would make me quite happy. I think after U14 they should just focus heavily on cosmetics(they still gotta make money) and balances/bugs

Can we blow this thread skyhigh so DE notices? I for one am sick of SOMA META.

P.S. Stug is love. Stug is life. 

P.S.S. The new gun is actually a step forward as a gameplay changer. It offers a little shield and can be really cool if used correctly, but sadly it isn't SOMA.

I want this so much so, that I am asking you not to release a single new weapon, new frame, new sentinel, nothing new, only polish. Please.

What about a bi-weekly cosmetic release just to allow DE to cover a bit of the potential losses in revenue while executing this proposed update?

Edited by Renegade343

I stand in complete agreement with this post, thank you Zylo.

Anyone who says "DE needs to keep creating new content!" must realize that new content can be balances or fixes.

Introduce new items we grind for that permanently grant us handspring or parry. Introduce new weapon 'stances' earned through grind/trade/not RNG which benefit weaker weapons more than stronger ones. Introduce new alternate frame abilities that must be earned via challenges or mastery of a frame, that bring frames like Saryn and Oberon to nova and rhino tier.

New content and balancing old content are not mutually exclusive. Both can engage players. Both can make DE money. Stop making that argument!

New content and balancing old content are not mutually exclusive. Both can engage players. Both can make DE money. Stop making that argument!

As for making money, that depends on the scope the business is using. 

As of right now, I think DE is leaning towards short-termism (only looking at the short-term cash gain instead of the long-term, longer-lasting cash gain from devoting an update to bugfixes), which could hint that DE may have a not so strong financial base to afford such a change. 

Then again, since I do not have the financial statements to DE, I cannot be sure if the reason for not devoting an update to bugfixes/balancing is due to financial constraints or simply the fact that it is not in their high priority. 

As for making money, that depends on the scope the business is using. 

As of right now, I think DE is leaning towards short-termism (only looking at the short-term cash gain instead of the long-term, longer-lasting cash gain from devoting an update to bugfixes), which could hint that DE may have a not so strong financial base to afford such a change. 

Then again, since I do not have the financial statements to DE, I cannot be sure if the reason for not devoting an update to bugfixes/balancing is due to financial constraints or simply the fact that it is not in their high priority. 

It'd be amazing if, in the next devstream, they just sort of told us what's up. If they simply explained the reasoning behind the content they choose to add, and why certain things are prioritized over others, it would definitely ease a lot of players' concerns. As things are now, its, "Yes, we will definitely look at fixing the base game 'Soon'. But LOOK! STUFF! GODZILLA ARMOR! PUPPIES!"

If we simply got a "These people are doing these things so we can fix this," that would be amazing.

Edited by (PS4)TheRedZephyr

The thing is that polishing up older weapons, and frames, would encourage MANY people to spend money ON the newly re-balanced weapons and frames. They could even release a U15 bundle that includes many of the re-balanced weapons! I'm not saying they should halt ALL WORK EVER on weapons, I'm saying that for one update, they shouldn't release new weapons, they should focus wholly on polishing, re-balancing, and just improving what is already in the game. Those who don't actually work with the game code? Modelers, concept artists, people who don't have anything to add to the balancing, coding, and polishing of the game? They can keep working on new weapons, frames, all that sort of thing, and then they'll have even more things to choose from on what to make for U16, or even just post U15 before 16 is even official. In fact, they could even keep making some weapons for the Tenno reinforcements. But for the main U15 release? I want them to JUST polish, and that's it.

signed it needs to happen, it really does, for the good of the game.

Zylo the Wolfbane

it's unlikely  sadly , i mean the problems that where problems back in 7 are still  there in some cases only gotten worst , ie scaling . 

In fact all the new content  / 2.0 has done is  add content via removing  player advantage  on specific  things  , damage 2.0 removed armor ignore  weapons  / broke 100% proc  guns .  melee 2.0 removed  charged hits  and broke  all the charge weapons   and for some reason slowed down single daggers .

Where actually missing some  cool things we have back  then too, seeing faraway Tenno  highlighted so u knew  where they where on the map  . The in air front flip  , that was a good alternative to coptering . 

There 's a whole list of 5 min fixes that would markably improve this game ---

-  lotus  giving voice warring a tenno is down  and bleeding out ,

-  unstuck button ,

-  adjusting  old weapon stats  ,

-  armor / health / dmg capping  the mobs at some point  ,

-  being able to shot / jam the elevator door so it stays open when going down

-  people standing / dying on  environmental fires  on spawn 

there's a whole list , but it depresses  me to list more . 

it's unlikely  sadly , i mean the problems that where problems back in 7 are still  there in some cases only gotten worst , ie scaling . 

In fact all the new content  / 2.0 has done is  add content via removing  player advantage  on specific  things  , damage 2.0 removed armor ignore  weapons  / broke 100% proc  guns .  melee 2.0 removed  charged hits  and broke  all the charge weapons   and for some reason slowed down single daggers .

Where actually missing some  cool things we have back  then too, seeing faraway Tenno  highlighted so u knew  where they where on the map  . The in air front flip  , that was a good alternative to coptering . 

There 's a whole list of 5 min fixes that would markably improve this game ---

-  lotus  giving voice warring a tenno is down  and bleeding out ,

-  unstuck button ,

-  adjusting  old weapon stats  ,

-  armor / health / dmg capping  the mobs at some point  ,

-  being able to shot / jam the elevator door so it stays open when going down

-  people standing / dying on  environmental fires  on spawn 

there's a whole list , but it depresses  me to list more . 

Post them in the feedback or bugs section with proper formatting and move on. It is possible but unlikely that DE is ignoring these issue because it doesn't care. There is a balance of concerns, and we are not privy to all the factors involved. Would it be nice if we had more information, yes.