Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling Up... Faster In Low-Level Areas?

LordLokai

maybe its just me... but i started to notice that doing higher level areas... doesnt seem all that beneficial in fact... doing mercery missions seems to be far better for leveling up weapons(not sure about frames) then it was doing higher level zones. I can sit and at no risk to my person slaughter groups of enemies, over and over and over again. Whats more it seems to give as much if not more exp to my weapons then actually doing the harder zones... especially when comes to a weapon you may not have modded up real high.

Now not sure if this is intended or not but does seem to...make things rather easy when comes to skilling up weapons and armor, while this doesnt mean much(considering we still need mods) i thought i'd bring this up and maybe start a discussion on if this is ok, and is it intended? should it be changed?

maybe its just me... but i started to notice that doing higher level areas... doesnt seem all that beneficial in fact... doing mercery missions seems to be far better for leveling up weapons(not sure about frames) then it was doing higher level zones. I can sit and at no risk to my person slaughter groups of enemies, over and over and over again. Whats more it seems to give as much if not more exp to my weapons then actually doing the harder zones... especially when comes to a weapon you may not have modded up real high.

Now not sure if this is intended or not but does seem to...make things rather easy when comes to skilling up weapons and armor, while this doesnt mean much(considering we still need mods) i thought i'd bring this up and maybe start a discussion on if this is ok, and is it intended? should it be changed?

Well like you mentioned Mods have changed so doing higher levels is benefical for that and it may seem you level up quicker but its just because you are killing more enemies. However doing higher levels does give more xp and only doing Mercury won't get you any other resources required to build stuff. It just depends what you want to achieve?

Edited by Toko

Well like you mentioned Mods have changed so doing higher levels is benefical for that and it may seem you level up quicker but its just because you are killing more enemies. However doing higher levels does give more xp and only doing Mercury won't get you any other resources required to build stuff. It just depends what you want to achieve?

i'm not talking for mods, or drops here talking just getting your weapons and armor ranked up...actually RATHER slow to rank up your gear in higher areas, i've done a mission on ceres using nothing but my pistol trying to skill it up. and come out with a fraction of a bar maybe. Done Tosoj and came out with almost a full bar... but alright see if i can get actual numbers.

Edit: from what i see no wat to display actual exp per mission but, can give some numbers to give a general idea on kills and such

Lex hand gun: level 26 75% exp bar(roughly)

Mission: Tosoj

Kills: 160

Melee 5

so 155 kills in tosoj were my hand gun(done purposely as much as possible the 5 are usually shield guys).

Gun exp after mission, Rank 27 and about 2-3% so talking roughly 25% of an exp bar from 1 mission at low level... now i havent done a high level one yet may try that later and compare numbers(wish was a way to accuratly give exp numbers and such but i havent found one yet). but as far as i can see its pretty easy to rank your guns up via this mission...and its stupidly easy plus not bad credit farm either.

Edited by LordLokai

i'm not talking for mods, or drops here talking just getting your weapons and armor ranked up...actually RATHER slow to rank up your gear in higher areas, i've done a mission on ceres using nothing but my pistol trying to skill it up. and come out with a fraction of a bar maybe. Done Tosoj and came out with almost a full bar... but alright see if i can get actual numbers.

Well you get more affinity by killing bosses and certain enemies and like I said before you get more for killing more enemies. The increase in affinity isn't much in higher levels but is still more per kill.

Edited by Toko

Well you get more affinity by killing bosses and certain enemies and like I said before you get more for killing more enemies. The increase in affinity isn't much in higher levels but is still more per kill.

well then let me ask you and everyone else, do you think its intended to be able to do low level stuff and get your weapons and frames ranked up to max?

well then let me ask you and everyone else, do you think its intended to be able to do low level stuff and get your weapons and frames ranked up to max?

Nope. But now it's work why not? Take few Lato's and take max Rank without a problem, while you can.

Yes as weapons and Warframes level too. Therefore you take a unranked Warframe and weapons to a higher level planet and you will get killed. If you want to do low levels areas to level up low level weapons and Warframes you should be able to or do you disagree?