Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Ospreys: Obviously Not Challenging, Just Annoying.

Sarmon

I support this post :

So let's explore some of the ideas mentionned because they are good ^^, and the changes possibles :

- Yes the poison proc is too high ; the insta-kill at high/veryhigh levels is more than an issue, as in narrow spaces with more than one osprey the entire team can go down, or are forced to reach higher ground and leave their teammates to die. The "map cloud of death" that can happen when more than 2 ospreys go spam-charging is an issue.

- The fact that they are hard to hit is challenging enough I think - no modification needed : Waframe is still a TPS - A little aim is needed from the player ^^ - Adjust your sights tennos ^^ (I totaly agree with the first post of the thread from the author on this).

- The idea of changing the cloud damage to viral proc would be interesting, but it would require a damage buff, as it does not DoT, and we need to keep the monster challenging enough.

- Keeping the Poison proc is also an option, but would require either making the attack pattern more obvious (as mentionned above) with noise and/or reduction of the area of the cloud. My personnal idea would be to remove the cloud but, like the corpus oxium osprey, to cause the poison proc (buffed) or a smaller gas cloud if he manages to hit you at the end of the charge - like the self destruct of his oxium brother - this would promote dodging manuvers (ninja ^^) while giving a bit of breathing space : but mostly this would punish fairly the "penta-turrets" kinda of players.

- The fact that global CCs like Bastille or Vortex do not work on them is also an issue : Bastille does not stop them and they can rush out of the vortex if a tenno gets too close (this is the bigger problem)  - I don't know if that was intended, but in high level defenses in narrow spaces, It become impossible to survive a rush of more than one of them, except with very specific team compositions and equipement.

Other than that, I personnaly like the little buggers, as they keept me on my toes during the breeding ground event (and occasionnaly on the ground ^^). It is nice to have a challenging ennemy that can force you to "play well to survive" and to coordinate with your teammates to bring down in order to ensure the survival of the team. I belieive that this was the idea behind the devellopement of such an ennemy, and, like a lot of this in Warframe, it needs just a little balance to make it perfect.

Let's all uphold the Balance Tennos !