The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

A Year Later, Stability Is Still An Issue

DeadlyNerd

I appreciate the content and everything, but it's downletting to see how stability of 2 major loading processes is still as it was a year ago.

A game, who's developer company I detest due to >>lack of competence<<(they can't change a single integer without breaking half the calculation) and broken promises, has rock solid stability. I can abuse the alt-tab function in absolutely any menu, any loading screen, any point of play. No matter how much I alt-tab within a second, the game won't crash, and it tabs back within a second.

Warframe, the game I support, and have for over a year, still has the stability of a card house. A single alt-tab, while in the "boot-up" sequence, crashes the game with a white screen(on win7), running TS3 can prevent loading(it just stops dead) of the log-in screen. God-forbid I alt-tab while a mission is loading, it takes ages to tab back(mind you, more demanding games tab quicker) and I risk the application going into "not responding" mode.

It really feels as if this issue hasn't been even glanced at ever since it appeared.

Well for one, do not alt-tab on boot up, a lot of games have issues when you do that. For two, it is not your OS that is the issue. I have WIndows 7 as well, and tested alt-tabbing at boot up, while it took a mment to load back in, and I had to alt-tab back into the game to get it to not just show a black screen, it did work after a moment or two.

[DE]Glen is always in the business of trying to figure out how to get the game to run better and more stable.

As for stability issues, I've never actually had them. Alt-tabbing was never an issue for me (I also run in Borderless Fullscreen), and between my 3 PC setups (one of which is a laptop which I run normal fullscreen with win-7, again no issues alt tabbing) I have no real issues. Edit: I just tried it on my laptop running the game in fullscreen (not borderless) while it was booting and I was able to alt-tab back into it no problem.

The Teamspeak 3 issue may not be due to Teamspeak 3; if you have Overwolf (that red wolf icon) installed, that interferes with the game. Overlays tend to act iffy. Overwolf is a TS3 add-on that ships with Teamspeak 3.

Everyone's hardware and software setups are different. If you're having really bad performance in game you could always send support your dxdiag.txt and work with a rep to try and figure out what could be causing the issue.

Edit 2: After thinking about it, I'm wondering if the alt-tabbing thing might have more to do with your resolution settings. Are you running the game at the native resolution for your monitor? Because I know that sometimes DirectX API tends to act funny when it has to do resolution resizing on the fly (switching between desktop resolution and game resolution).

Edit 3: Run the game in Borderless Fullscreen. Trust me. WIll fix pretty much all of your issues you're talking about sans the Teamspeak 3 one which I suspect is just Overwolf (get rid of Overwolf it's trash).

Edited by Letter13

[DE]Glen is always in the business of trying to figure out how to get the game to run better and more stable.

DE logic - Dont worry, we have 1 guy on it... its gonna be ok... eventually.

So if it works for you it works for everyone? Nice customer support logic, you are gonna go a long way in this industry.. keep it up.

OP... i feel your pain, alt tab sucks (loading new game + alt tab is a big mistake to make with this game), desync due to instability of a client or host, constant crashes that are so random i cant even.

All in all, this is beta with a cashflow of a game, this is a game with "features" of a beta... which is worse i cant even...

I literally cant even when anything about this game. I love it, less and less as days go by even tho i want to play it more, it rejects me.. well i guess DE found a niche and plans to stay there....

Edited by Palamudin

So if it works for you it works for everyone? Nice customer support logic, you are gonna go a long way in this industry.. keep it up.

OP... i feel your pain, alt tab sucks (loading new game + alt tab is a big mistake to make with this game), desync due to instability of a client or host, constant crashes that are so random i cant even.

All in all, this is beta with a cashflow of a game, this is a game with "features" of a beta... which is worse i cant even...

I literally cant even when anything about this game. I love it, less and less as days go by even tho i want to play it more, it rejects me.. well i guess DE found a niche and plans to stay there....

You really think [DE]Glen is the only one working on this sort of thing? Seriously?

You are aware that Glen is pretty much the lead programmer for the game, right? As in all of the other programmers, from what I understand, are his underlings. So if he's working on it, chances are he has a team who are also working on it. Not to mention the QA staff who're in charge of finding performance issues with the game, etc.

Also, sounds to me like you aren't running in borderless fullscreen. You should give it a try, assuming your PC can handle it.

I literally cant even

Ok.

that are so random i cant even.

-

which is worse i cant even...

-

I literally cant even

I can't even...?  Is this some kind of trend or something that I completely amiss?

I appreciate the content and everything, but it's downletting to see how stability of 2 major loading processes is still as it was a year ago.

A game, who's developer company I detest due to >>lack of competence<<(they can't change a single integer without breaking half the calculation) and broken promises, has rock solid stability. I can abuse the alt-tab function in absolutely any menu, any loading screen, any point of play. No matter how much I alt-tab within a second, the game won't crash, and it tabs back within a second.

Warframe, the game I support, and have for over a year, still has the stability of a card house. A single alt-tab, while in the "boot-up" sequence, crashes the game with a white screen(on win7), running TS3 can prevent loading(it just stops dead) of the log-in screen. God-forbid I alt-tab while a mission is loading, it takes ages to tab back(mind you, more demanding games tab quicker) and I risk the application going into "not responding" mode.

It really feels as if this issue hasn't been even glanced at ever since it appeared.

Almost every game deployed in complete fullscreen have a trouble with alt-tabbing while booting/startup/loading. It's the most critical phase where all your files were loaded, so alt-tabbing would have at least some detrimental effect to the system's performance. If you happened to oftenly alt-tabbing back and forth, you should use borderless fullscreen to alleviate the effects.

Borderless fullscreen + native resolution in some systems resulted in better performance than in pure fullscreen + lowered resolution, so you should try it first. Also, if you can, refrain from using any program with DirectX overlay, as it might interfere with the game's rendering performance.