The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Don't Really Want Kubrows?

BlissReie

I think it's quite simple: a cosmetic item that you do not need. Of course there are some gameplay elements like digging loot or capturing but I think they will be a lot too hard to get. Maybe if I'm bored and lvling low equip on Earth where you will possibly find their eggs or whatever. Some Mastery EXP would also be nice from him. Nevertheless, I don't think they will die that quickly, at least you should be able to leave them alone for a month.

Edited by Scarab14

Yeah, Why Not Work on Focus System Instead ..We already have Sentinels..as we can only use either Kubrow or Sentinel ..only one of them in a mission( source - dev stream ) ..why bother making them ..instead of trying to add focus system ..

You realize Focus System is being worked on.... right?

I love the idea of a Kubrow pet don't get me wrong but I hate everything else about the system

1. Breeding

This is the one point I hate the most about Kubrows. I understand the want for 'realism' but its a space ninja game where the fastest method to travel is by coptering and warframes with powers that don't make any logical sense at all. I've studied Mendelian Inheritance and that kind of stuff is what puts TPS gamers to sleep beside giving another reason for players to despise RNG. This game is about action, killing people and not trying to make a bunch of arguably adorable as hell puppies mate with each other until you get the furstyle you want. I want to customize them as easily as my sentinels.

2. Modding

This is where sentinels shine. You can easily 'mod' them to whichever preset you want and they will perform as you planned. Kubrows don't seem to do that from what I've been hearing from livestreams. You have to raise them into the mode you want them in and there doesn't seem to be any methods of reversing that.

3. Care

As others have mentioned, having a pet where you have to care for them endlessly is a bad idea. Again this is a game about space ninjas shooting people so having to suddenly take a lot of time off to feed, pet, tickle your pet is like tamagotchis all over again. An average gamer doesn't have the time to constantly give their pet attention. I like being able to interact with my pet but it shouldn't be a must. I don't want to have to spend time off real life just to make sure my beloved puppy doesn't get lonely or worse die from starvation.

4. Abilities

Of course we can't say much about their abilties yet since DE hasn't revealed much about them except the forced precepts like stealth, looting, hunting etc. From what I've heard they have a 'cooldown' period which means they damn well better be more useful than a carrier or shade when I bring them in game.

5. Getting another Kubrow

Again, being able to mod your Kubrow will solve so many issues. From the devstream it was mentioned that you have to 'release your kubrow back into the wild' if you want another one. This means that if your Kubrow isn't in the perfect furstyle you wanted it to be you have to give it up (OMG DE WHY?! D:) just so that you have a shot again at the RNG inheritance. If you screw up while growing your Kubrow into the precept you wanted I'm guessing you have to kick it off your ship as well which I'm sure should be against some kind of animal rights policy.

Overall I just think that DE is putting waaay too much effort into Kubrows. I was extremely excited about them in the beginning until I learned more about them in the devstream which was really disappointing. I'm hoping they will get more 'user-friendly' before U14 hits as I'm a huge fan of puppies/koala-hybrid-canines and I don't want to see them crash and burn D:

#savekubrows

You realize Focus System is being worked on.... right?

Focus System from what i heard from Stream is not going to be in U14...if they didnt bother about kubrow ( as we alrady have a sentinel ) and worked on focus it might have been over by now...now we might have to wait till U15 for focus system

Forgot to mention that if Kubrows don't share a slot with sentinels that will please a lot of players since Kubrows already have a cooldown.

Any mention of Kubrow armor? I'd like to bling-out my Kubrow if they worked out fine :P

Yeah, Why Not Work on Focus System Instead ..

And why not work on a fckton of other things instead...? Might as well be the faction reputation system - If it will ever come.

Because the majority of the community wants Kubrows!

It's obvious. Even a blind man could see this.

And working on the thing most players want is the single best thing a developer can do.

I don't really care for the Kubrows either. So what?

And why not work on a fckton of other things instead...? Might as well be the faction reputation system - If it will ever come.

It's obvious. Even a blind man could see this.

And working on the thing most players want is the single best thing a developer can do.

I don't really care for the Kubrows either. So what?

Majority of community wants focus system over kubrows ..try posting a poll 

Majority of community wants focus system over kubrows ..try posting a poll 

I think nobody has a clue what the majority of the community wants.  The amount of warframe players that browse these forums is a fraction of the total number of players.

Edited by Katakuna

Just try it ..It will Surprise you 

mhm... I'm tempted to do so. I am really curious... because - I mean I am not as up to date on stuff as others, but... do we even know precisely what the Focus system will be ?(use for too much exp, focus on one warframe,... but that's pretty much all, no?)

But I've never created a poll before ;x

Edited by WEREsandrock

mhm... I'm tempted to do so. I am really curious... because - I mean I am not as up to date on stuff as others, but... do we even know precisely what the Focus system will be ?(use for too much exp, focus on one warframe,... but that's pretty much all, no?)

But I've never created a poll before ;x

next time during a dev stream go to that twitch page and check chat box and see what people are requesting for ..umm around 20k ppl last time..enough for you? 

next time during a dev stream go to that twitch page and check chat box and see what people are requesting for ..umm around 20k ppl last time..enough for you? 

Last devstream, the chat exploded when the Kubrow animations were played.  You had to pay close attention to find anything that wasn't positive.

Just saying.

Last devstream, the chat exploded when the Kubrow animations were played.  You had to pay close attention to find anything that wasn't positive.

Just saying.

just saying as we already have a sentinel / kubrow type ..and only 1 can be used per mission ..why not try to add something new 

just saying as we already have a sentinel / kubrow type ..and only 1 can be used per mission ..why not try to add something new 

No, I was just pointing out that using the twitch chat during devstreams as a point against Kubrows doesn't work.

I have my own assumptions on the usefulness of Kubrows that don't put them in the best light.  Specifically, the breeding and fatigue mechanics.

Finding out that they are "instead" of my carrier was a disappointment. Because of that I don't really care if it's in the game or not. I hoped it was a new type, similar to specters, but your pet that you could call to your aid. The only reason I used anything other than carrier is to level for mastery then a sigh of relief as I got my carrier back out.

Edited by Norry.

i highly doubt that this dog will be just as useful as my wyrm with stinger on it, or my wyrm with sweeper. or even carrier for my Ember to pull energy orbs through the doors on kappa.

another question: how many slots this kubrow will use. sentinel is using two: for itself and for a weapon. now we know that there will be different types of dogs, different roles, sexes and colors.

we also know that we can't use the sentinel and kubrow at the same time, so i assume dogs will use sentinel's slots.

so how many slots i need to actually have one kubrow? if memory serves 1 slot = 20p, so you get the idea.

but again, if this kubrow will not have 2000-2400dps with massive aoe cc, i can care less about this new pet at all.

i would like another game mode instead.

There will be a special drone that will take care of your kubrow for you effectively eliminating the need to do it yourself. it will cost 200p and be unobtainable otherwise. calling it!

Yeah I also think they're gonna do this.

It'll be a shame when they do though.