Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Don't Really Want Kubrows?

BlissReie

No, you are not.  To me personally they seem interesting, but if I get one it will probably just hang out in my ship all day because I don't intend on giving up my carrier.

Now if they make them as good as the dog in Fable 2 then I'll definitely use them.  I remember first hearing about the dog in Fable 2 and thinking "What the hell? I don't want this damn dog following me around all the time, I'll probably just leave it to be wounded and then ditch it."  But the dog was so wonderfully done, with so many interactions and realistic behaviors.  I loved my Fable 2 dog, and nearly cried when he died.   And when at the end of the game, I had to make the choice of the people, family, and money, I immediately chose family without a second thought just so I can get my dog back.  

Didn't even really care about my wife from Knothole Island.  I just wanted my dog.

But then again with the way DE has been flopping with their updates lately, mainly the new lame boss fights, and melee 2.0 fiasco, I don't have my hopes up high.  But who knows, maybe they'll pull it off.

Honestly, it seems like a gimmick in an attempt to bring people back in. I doubt it'll replace my carrier, or my shade. Shade (when it used to work) provided me with a nice escape just in case I needed it, and carrier... is carrier. Who doesn't like auto collecting loot? (Plus it came with the best weapon)

Meh I look at it as a prototype of things to come, you think they'll make one organic, mammal or otherwise, pet then say yep dats gooooood. No more than likely they will have others. Im all for space tiger companion haha!!! >:)

I'd rather stick with sentinels.

Honestly, it seems like a gimmick in an attempt to bring people back in. I doubt it'll replace my carrier, or my shade. Shade (when it used to work) provided me with a nice escape just in case I needed it, and carrier... is carrier. Who doesn't like auto collecting loot? (Plus it came with the best weapon)

its still too early to tell what their functions are, but based on what DE has said like "kubrows cant be taken to succeeding missions because it needs to rest" makes me think that kubrows function can out weigh the functions of the sentinels. considering it has a "cooldown" compared to sentinels which you can use anytime, and anywhere, you can easily conclude that bringing your kubrow will be worth the wait...

otherwise people will never use kubrows and just have them for the aesthetic purposes which for me is kinda dumb...

My $0.02:

I was SUPER hyped about them until the "they'll die if you don't take care of them" line from the Dev Stream... :/

I signed up to play Warframe, not TomagachiWars Online. I don't want to flat-out lose something I put time and effort into obtaining and customizing just because I don't/can't sign on every day.

Lord knows I'll probably dabble with them for the first week or so, then back to business as usual when (not if) my first one dies. Sad but probably true. :[

its still too early to tell what their functions are, but based on what DE has said like "kubrows cant be taken to succeeding missions because it needs to rest" makes me think that kubrows function can out weigh the functions of the sentinels. considering it has a "cooldown" compared to sentinels which you can use anytime, and anywhere, you can easily conclude that bringing your kubrow will be worth the wait...

otherwise people will never use kubrows and just have them for the aesthetic purposes which for me is kinda dumb...

I doubt it. The soma beats the supra in every way, but the supra is harder to craft in every way. (Just one of many examples of DE's odd... "balance")

Also, what could the kubrow do that is better than shade, or carrier?

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

While I'm still interested in what Kubrows will bring to the table overall, I'll admit my interest dipped considerably at the mention of their need to rest.  They better darn well be amazing if I can't just bring them with me everywhere forever like I can with everything else I utilize.

So yeah, now I'm simply intrigued but the whole resting thing just beat my give a darn down like a Rhino body slamming a Nekros.

I doubt it. The soma beats the supra in every way, but the supra is harder to craft in every way. (Just one of many examples of DE's odd... "balance")

Also, what could the kubrow do that is better than shade, or carrier?

yeah but they made Boltor Prime right? higher DPS than soma?

hmmmm? for starters higher damage output? makes sure that VIPs cant escape? i dont know? im just throwing stuff out there ^^

my point is just that maybe the kubrows is just an opening for a far more complex mechanic in the game, one that the sentinels cant offer...