Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Rng Plz

Hearthwin

>Member Since 15 Jun 2014
>make blueprints drop with stat changes determined by RNG
Pff, you know nothing, John Snow.
There was RNG-hell named Mods 1.0. Now we can get another one with different quality mods.
Enough.
And take your purple orbs with you. You obviously don't know how it is when some of these orbs flying away from you. Warframe parts (except Oberon) now not orbs for a reason.

Edited by maybe_not

I actually have 230 hours of in game time. I made this forum account 10 days ago. MEMBER OF THE FORUM. NOT THE GAME GUYS. I have experienced the game. And if you would read and understand what i am getting at instead of seeing RNG and instantly screaming at me. YOU WOULD LEARN SOMETHING. AND ACTUALLY HAVE A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE OPINION CONCERNING WHAT I WANT TO IMPLEMENT. 

There was RNG-hell named Mods 1.0. Now we can get another one with different quality mods.

Enough.

And take your purple orbs with you. You obviously don't know how it is when some of these orbs flying away from you. Warframe parts now not orbs for a reason.

Oh man. Those moments when a frame piece would fall into the abyss, or fly into the sky and never come back down... Glad I never have to experience THAT again.

Enough.

And take your purple orbs with you. You obviously don't know how it is when some of these orbs flying away from you. Warframe parts (except Oberon) now not orbs for a reason.

Valid point with the orbs. I never mentioned making this with Warframe parts. Only weapons. Maybe have items of interest respawn back up at solid ground, life with us Tenno when we fall off the map.

Enough.

OP what you're suggested used to be the way it was.

also, we're not SCREAMING AT YOU. you're the one pushing cruisecontrol. (caps)

OP, to be civil, this has been done before and it didnt work, so people dont want it done again. (founders know what it was like)

EDIT: even if you just mean this for weapons, it's still the same

Edited by VioDuskar

OP what you're suggested used to be the way it was.

also, we're not SCREAMING AT YOU. you're the one pushing cruisecontrol. (caps)

OP, to be civil, this has been done before and it didnt work, so people dont want it done again. (founders know what it was like)

How poorly was it done? If it was done in any sort of reasonable way, you wouldn't have had an absurd ammount of loot. Blueprints would drop at a slightly les frequent rate than mods. They would vary just like mods. You would have rare blueprints as well. I for one tend to get a rare Mod at least once every 3 missions. These drop rates don't seem too far from reasonable. Could someone please explain how this system was implemented prior?

I also only used caps against maybe_not because he/she assumed something based on my forum membership. Why is it that I say RNG and suddenly everyone blows a gasket?

Edited by Hearthwin

I also only used caps against maybe_not because he/she assumed something based on my forum membership. Why is it that I say RNG and suddenly everyone blows a gasket?

because saying RNG to warframe players is that little word that makes them twitch at the eyes and want to punch babies. need proof? see below.

Surely this would be a troll bait thread. Who in their right mind would ask for more RNG when we already have tons of that in here? It's simply ridiculous just to come up with this idea. You make me want to punch babies! Gah, my eye is twitching now.

EDIT: grammer

Edited by VioDuskar

Has to be a troll thread, please be a troll thread.....

I'm still gritting my teeth through the double RND-wall of delta beacons/hydroid. Stupidly long periods farming on Ceres to finally get two delta beacons and then make a key and trundle off to get another hydroid helmet.

I don't think I could convey strongly enough the sheer lack of pleasure/fun this creates

If he is serious then he should be given his own special challenge, a rare resource to make a key to farm a different rare resource to make a second key to farm the frame pieces. I'll make him use my RNG luck so he should be able to complete the frame in oh, three or four years or so.....

How poorly was it done? If it was done in any sort of reasonable way, you wouldn't have had an absurd ammount of loot. Blueprints would drop at a slightly les frequent rate than mods. They would vary just like mods. You would have rare blueprints as well. I for one tend to get a rare Mod at least once every 3 missions. These drop rates don't seem too far from reasonable. Could someone please explain how this system was implemented prior?

Because RNG is key phrase that is linked directly to the I-want-to-light-everything-on-fire-and-kick-orphan-parrots section of most veterans brains.

Your idea is interesting, I like the concept of being able to get weapons as a loot drop.  Makes more sense to me in a "I just killed this guy and I like his gun, so now it's mine" kind of way.  

Because RNG is key phrase that is linked directly to the I-want-to-light-everything-on-fire-and-kick-orphan-parrots section of most veterans brains.

Your idea is interesting, I like the concept of being able to get weapons as a loot drop.  Makes more sense to me in a "I just killed this guy and I like his gun, so now it's mine" kind of way. 

Exactly. I'll try to steer clear of the phrase RNG. 

Why is it that I say RNG and suddenly everyone blows a gasket?

If you're having issues understanding that, you really need to lurk more. It's not "fun" to play for days without seeing anything resembling a reward for it other than dozens of copies of things you already have. Having every weapon currently in the market being tied to blueprints dropped over the game world via random enemies, with no assured chance of getting anything worthwhile that you'd want? So if we want to try out the new Tenno Reinforcement that just shipped in, we have to run around for a month straight getting fifteen Galatine blueprints while we wait for that "rare drop," or buy it outright via platinum?

We already deal with enough of that garbage in the Void farming for Primes. Why oh why do you want to import that everywhere else?

I say this while probably responding to trollbait, but oh well.

Edited by Rebulite

OK wth does OP mean?

only thing I know it to mean is Overpowered, but the context you use it in doesn't quite fit the word phrase

Open Post.

Original Poster.

Either of the two.

Edited by Shuuro

Exactly. I'll try to steer clear of the phrase RNG. 

I'd like to suggest a slight change to your original idea though.  Instead of having the weapon drops dictated by RNG, why not have the weapon drop that the NPC was using OR be faction specific?  If I shoot a Napalm, I want his gun, not a Supra.

But there are several valid points made by other posters.  The way Warframe has RNG set up as well as the literal "drop" mechanics, some serious changes would have to be made for a system like this to work.  I don't think that's anywhere near DE priority list at the moment.  And, it would be extremely frustrating to be required to farm for a new weapon like that.  

What if this system was implemented for PvP?  You die, you might lose one of your weapons.

EDIT:  OP = Original Poster

Edited by Noamuth

OK wth does OP mean?

only thing I know it to mean is Overpowered, but the context you use it in doesn't quite fit the word phrase

Original Post, or Original Poster

EG: in the OP you said this, blah blah

2nd EG: the OP means that he wants etc, etc,

EG- example given

I'd like to suggest a slight change to your original idea though.  Instead of having the weapon drops dictated by RNG, why not have the weapon drop that the NPC was using OR be faction specific?  If I shoot a Napalm, I want his gun, not a Supra.

EDIT:  OP = Original Poster

I actually thought of that. The only reason I didn't mention it was because it would conflict with the Clan technology stuff. Why go kill stuff if you can get it easy through Clan tech? That is the main reason I proposed weapon stat variants.

In retrospect the title is going a bit toward the troll end. I meant it to make the reader giggle and wonder what my post was about and then actually read it. Instead it seems people are just looking at the title and the posting a response questioning whether this is a troll thread. 

This is directly related to the phrase RNG making people want to punch babies.

Edited by Hearthwin

I actually thought of that. The only reason I didn't mention it was because it would conflict with the Clan technology stuff. Why go kill stuff if you can get it easy through Clan tech? That is the main reason I proposed weapon stat variants.

honestly Mr. OP, i'm gonna say that if flux rifles were dropped from elite crewman it would make noobs very OP. and honestly i dont think the ideas you mentioned in the OP are ever going to take off. but it was worth a shot to discuss and it's been real, and perhaps fun, but not real fun.

TL:DR? RNG yeilds BP for BP (blue print for baby punching)