Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept] Thanatos - An Executor Warframe [Upd8: Farming]

emaralez87

Thanatos been created to execute. He don’t know how to fight, but his job contains an original art of war - murder.

original idea by Kotobraksis-Kat
produced by emaralez87

original art by Kotobraksis-Kat

bezEYmK.jpg

my rework of concept art (very whip -very S#&$. I am trichromatic daltonic, so, thought, I should stay at monochrome... :/)

u6R2qGA.png

feature:

small AOE but continuous CC.

he don't knows how to manipulate battlefield and how to protect himself, but he knows how to torture small groups of enemies for long time and keep them almoust alive.

farming

“Quest” starts after killing Lephantis. 
“Tenno, I found something old, abandoned. This Warframe was made once, for some… narrow purpose, but it can be useful with your skilled usage. You will find all necessary components on the Xini, as in good old days.” - Lotus message.
So, Helmet, Chassis and Systems are given as rewards on Xini and all required resources may be farmed at Eris. Lot of Nanospores...

base statistic:

health: 100 (300 at r30)

power: 150 (255 at r30)

armour: 25

shield capacity: 100 (300 at r30)

sprint speed: 1.0

stamina: 125

polarities: 4=, 1V, 1--

aura polarity: --

abilities

Blamed
Thanatos tags the target with a mark, what does radiation damage. Around the marked target forming gloriole of radiation.
XGB8VBb.png
Energy: 25
Equip cost: 0/1/2/3
Power strenght: (mark) X = 25\50\125\150 radiation dmg, (gloriole) Y = X/n per enemy in the range of gloriole, n = amount of enemies in the AOE of gloriole.
Power range: cast - 8/10/12/16 m, gloriole - 5 m

qZDJXjJ.png

Wrath of the dead
Thanatos summons souls of dead enemies to rise their hands through the ground and grab alive enemies, what stops them.
7ZQOck1.png
Energy: 50
Equip cost: 6/7/8/9
Power strenght: 4/5/6/7 pairs of hands deals 10\20\30\40 impact dmg by one pair, catched enemies are standing in the trap.
Power range: diametre of the trap = 8/10/12/14 m.
Power duration: 10/12/15/17 s.

SCXINGY.png

Iron maiden
Marked target shrouds by the kistn and pierces through.
eA6AjBM.png
Energy: 25
Equip cost: 4/5/6/7
Power strenght: 50/100/150/200 puncture dmg
Power range: (cast) 15 m

igzGtVD.png

Gallows meat
Thanatos rises his hand and pulls it down abruptly. Enemies near the Thanatos hang on the ropes in the air by the necks until death or while ability finishes.
cIZ10uQ.png
Energy: 100
Equip cost: 10/11/12/13
Power strenght: 35/70/105/140 impact dmg per s.
Power range: 8/10/12/14 m.
Power duration: 3/4/5/8 s.

Ieg3CsL.png

Edited by emaralez87

Nekros already has a skill to raise dead foes you have killed.

The drawing looks great but it doesnt look like anything Warframe related, not to mention with that pole weapon on his hand and those shoes, looks like hes going to play Hockey.

this is more like Oberon's Halowed Ground I think (but with so desired speed-decrising effect :D ).

but we have alternative for this ability:

Bamboo forest.

Bamboo stakes suddenly appears from the ground and pierce enemies.

9JBu7kO.png

Energy: 50

Equip cost: 6/7/8/9

Power strenght: 15/30/45/60 puncture dmg per s.

Power range: 4x4 m.

Power duration: 6/8/10/12 s.

what do you think about this one?

and impruving of visual part of concept is just a metter of time ;)

Edited by emaralez87

Looks great but not very "canon" if you ask me.Need to be less fleshy more cyborgy.

op on 4th ablility: focus it on damage deal or croud control only( with duration and strenght mods it will be imbalansed as hell), decrease damage or duration.

2nd ability: im with the concept of controling the enemys, but not with it slowing them and force them to shoot hands. It must just prevent them from moving anywhere maybe with little slowdonw aftereffect(about 10-15% decreasing movement speed for 3-5 seconds)

3rd ability: oh! icecream icon ^^

also i hate slow projectile ability, and if you make one and it ll end up in the game ill kill you in your sleep :3

Looks great but not very "canon" if you ask me.Need to be less fleshy more cyborgy.

op on 4th ablility: focus it on damage deal or croud control only( with duration and strenght mods it will be imbalansed as hell), decrease damage or duration.

2nd ability: im with the concept of controling the enemys, but not with it slowing them and force them to shoot hands. It must just prevent them from moving anywhere maybe with little slowdonw aftereffect(about 10-15% decreasing movement speed for 3-5 seconds)

3rd ability: oh! icecream icon ^^

also i hate slow projectile ability, and if you make one and it ll end up in the game ill kill you in your sleep :3

I think art rework is in progress now :)

4th - yeah you're right. I think this one should be CC ability, cause we don't need one more Oberon.

2nd - noted

3rd - aha. or "slippers icon". I'll redo this one first :)

kk - no projectile just momental damage :D

actually all the warframe abilities are very thought through and would work well. some of oyu misunderstood. he raises only the hands of the dead to grab enemies and hold them in place. the gallows meat would work like oberons 4th ability only the effect would be over time rather than instant damage delivery. similar to vaubans trap but with damage. as for the artwork. its good. the true representation of ops idea is hard to grasp as it is a bit arbitrary and hard to grasp with no color and hading etc. so far all the criticism has been unfounded. GJ

actually all the warframe abilities are very thought through and would work well. some of oyu misunderstood. he raises only the hands of the dead to grab enemies and hold them in place. the gallows meat would work like oberons 4th ability only the effect would be over time rather than instant damage delivery. similar to vaubans trap but with damage. as for the artwork. its good. the true representation of ops idea is hard to grasp as it is a bit arbitrary and hard to grasp with no color and hading etc. so far all the criticism has been unfounded. GJ

thnx for your response!

while thinking out "gallows meat" I was more about Rhino's "stomp", but comparing with Vauban's "vortex" is good too :) and what you think about to make this ability togglable?

idk is concept art in rework now or not, but I think this is just metter of time. only what I can say what next UPD will be about couple ability icons rework :)

some information added:

feature:
small AOE but continuous CC.
he don't knows how to manipulate battlefield and how to protect himself, but he knows how to torture small groups of enemies for long time and keep them almoust alive.

Did you get this from Smite :I

are you mean game or Oberon's first abulity?

if you mean game - I didn't played this one (but I honesty want to try one day! :) ) so gimme link to what you mean.

if you mean Oberon's 1st - while balancing this concept this was one of the lines what I heldin my head - "this is not Oberon, not Oberon, do not do Oberon!" XD

___

what you think about to make 2nd and 4th ability togglable?

Edited by emaralez87

1st Ability

Oberon is mainly radiation and is this marked like a huge energy vampire on the ground

you got it :D

you know, Than for Obi Van is like Frost for Ember, like... smone should write parody song 'bout this XD.

if seriously, this is more like Ember's fireball, but radiation.

anyway - what is you suggestion for 1st ability elemental damage?

aaand, no - this is how energy vampire looks like ZYjayW6.png

Edited by emaralez87

ok i quoted myself and instead of editing i posted something again does anyone else fully understand how to properly work this forum I would love some tips

thanx for your opinion! :)

to edit your post there is blue hyperlink "Edit" in left of "MultiQuote" button