Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston - Accuracy please!

CheeseThief

So I just bought a Burston, the tooltips promised me an accurate rifle with good damage, what I got was pretty much a shotgun that uses rifle ammo. Ok, the first burst is sort of accurate, and by sort of accurate I mean I can get similar accuracy from doing a 3 round burst with the Braton, but after that the shots go wherever they want with no rhyme or reason.

The gun itself does good damage in that it can blow away a Grineer lancer in one burst to the head, however you pretty much need to be point blank to land the shots and it can take around 4-5 bursts to kill the same enemy if they are on the other side of the room.

For a gun that massively sacrifices it's rate of fire and DPS for the burst fire mode, it needs a drastic boost in accuracy to make it ever worth taking over the Braton.

Also the Furis could use faster recoil recovery.

Hmm... I'm not sure I agree with you there. If you aim (right mouse button), it is very accurate. You can quite easily land all 3 shots to the head (thus killing most grineer) from across a medium sized room / down a corridor. The largest 'hanger-like' rooms will require closing the distance a little. I find that the burston is much more accurate than the braton, in general. Perhaps I'm biased as it's my favourite general purpose weapon?

"Very inaccurate"? I'm not trolling but I'm just not seeing that. I can clear a room in good order with a burston and my burston is only level 17! I do find that the accuracy drops down significantly when you're in one of those large 'hanger' like rooms and you're trying to pick off grineer on a ramp or something on the far side. Perhaps you guys might want to invest in a latron, instead?

edit: I left my old braton on the shelf at level 3 and never looked back. Hmm, maybe I should dust off that old girl and see if I need to revise my opinion! :)

Edited by Windbow

@Windbow: That must've been a rather small room, any weapon is deadly when you're almost in melee range {except for Afuris :P}

I have to agree with the OP, Burston needs to be more accurate. It doesn't need to be like Snipetron or Latron but something between that and Braton would be ideal. It might not even need a DPS buff if it was accurate enough.

My main issue with Burston is the inability to reload while sprinting though. It's probably been mentioned before, I'm aware it's not a run and gun sort of weapon but being have to stop every now and then just to reload is very time wasting and unnecessary.

Haven't managed to get any multi shot mods on the Braton, have 100% and a 75% burston mutli shot mods on my burston. The ADS is noticeably less bouncy than the gorgon and the rof of the burst themselves do seem faster than the braton.

Edited by Aggh

"Very inaccurate"? I'm not trolling but I'm just not seeing that. I can clear a room in good order with a burston and my burston is only level 17! I do find that the accuracy drops down significantly when you're in one of those large 'hanger' like rooms and you're trying to pick off grineer on a ramp or something on the far side. Perhaps you guys might want to invest in a latron, instead?

edit: I left my old braton on the shelf at level 3 and never looked back. Hmm, maybe I should dust off that old girl and see if I need to revise my opinion! :)

Good sir,

I have the Gorgon, Braton, Snipetron, Burston, Strun, HEK, AKLato, Lato, Sicarus and Lex at 30. Out of all these weapons, the Burston is the least accurate. I would rather shoot with my shotguns in those hangar levels and kill my enemies with pellets than use the Burston. The Burston has an incredible spread, unrivaled by any of the other weapons. The downtime between bursts is atrocious. The Burston can draw circles around a head, whereas all the other weapons at least allow me to plink single shots with a tangible level of accuracy.

PS: I am using the Braton, not the Mk.1 Braton. The first has more damage and faster firing rate stock.

Begging for accuracy on the Burston, here. I have a better "accuracy stat" with the Braton, despite it having an accuracy rating of "25"... if that actually counts for anything. Same engagement ranges, same tactics, etc. Burston just does not deliver on the item description, with the second and third bullets flying off whever they please. Not looking for a neat little line of tracers, but a tight grouping would be ideal.

Sold my Burston pretty much immediately after i got it. Maybe 5-6 levels of torture, then i gave up on it.

- Fire rate: a lie!

- Accuracy: a lie!

- Damage: Yeah well, maybe the walls get damaged... ^^

Pretty much disappointed about that thing.

Hmm... maybe we look at it the wrong way. Maybe ACC 100 means: in 1 minute you get 100 missed shots and ACC 25 means only 25 missed ones? Would make sense :P Then again, Gorgon has ACC 100 and hits more than the Burston. Hmm...

Edited by AmmokK

@Windbow: That must've been a rather small room, any weapon is deadly when you're almost in melee range {except for Afuris :P}

I have to agree with the OP, Burston needs to be more accurate. It doesn't need to be like Snipetron or Latron but something between that and Braton would be ideal. It might not even need a DPS buff if it was accurate enough.

Nope, it's the large ones with the gangways and platforms. It's fairly common for me to take out grineer on the gangway with 2-3 clicks of the mouse aimed at the head. Maybe it's the mods I have? (lots of critical damage boosts and armour penetration) Or maybe I'm delusional (entirely likely!) since most of you say burston sucks... it's making me question my reality... :|

Like I said, maybe I did not give my braton enough of a chance to give a fair comparison. I don't have very many weapons but I really doubt you could pick off grineer from a distance with a shotgun. If you could, that'd be a bug (unless they come with solid slug rounds as well as buckshot). Still, I'm going to go back and test out other weapons...

I've noticed this problem with a lot of the automatic or burst rifles, and rifles in general. I suggest giving rifles with a 100% accuracy rating at least a guarenteed shot at the center when aiming down the sites. Same goes with some of the pistols. To rebalance this in PVE, maybe make headshots do a little less damage?

No, you guys are right. Burston is not all that. I re-eqiuped my braton and played a bit more with it. Gave it a good go. It's just as good (better!) - with single clicks equals to a bruston burst. About 3 shots. The nice thing about the braton is that I can go full auto when I need or want to.

I wonder if they'll change this. There must be an advantage to using a burston, otherwise why bother? Anyway, now I can use my learned burst shooting skills with the braton. Just need to remember not to go full auto too often, now that I can! :P

Thanks guys!

Edited by Windbow

I'll pitch in and say the Burston seems to have comparable accuracy to the Braton, which shouldn't really be the case. It shines when it behaves in a way you'd expect of a burst-fire rifle, but it only seems to do so when it feels like it. Which isn't very often, in my experience.

The Burston is a clunky weapon overall, sometimes it just shoots even though I stopped pressing the mouse button, the button delay is too high on it.

Also it says it has 100 accuracy? Nope, not even close, it's similar to the Braton actually.

My Aklato pistols also have 100 accuracy but they actually hit where I aim the Burston on the other hand does not.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I have no problems using the Burston and find most of the rounds line up together quite well at medium or close range (long range I switch to my LEX).

If you're shooting at an enemy across a long room and all your bullets are going wide, use a different weapon, or close in.

Got it to level 30, pro'ed.

Quite lackluster. Tends to waste ammo, large initial cone of fire, horrible RoF.

Apparently, it's just sending 3 individual fire commands. There is no accuracy bonus for burst fire. As well, the 25 rate seems to be internal to the burst followed by a long fixed cooldown. This makes the 25 more like 6 rounds per second(with absolutely wretched accuracy on all bursts following the first)

I'd hazard a guess that 100 accuracy is a typo, as it seems to be a 25 accuracy for the initial shot.

As well, the fixed 3 rounds bursts tend to waste quite a bit of ammo, leaving you hurting because around 1/3rd of your bullets are hitting corpses or air.

Possibly they will tweak it, or push other weapons to higher required levels. As it stands now, it's definitely a waste of credits/plat.

I think the burston feels OP @ level 30 with proper mods. Almost all mobs die in one burst. Some are two. How is this weak? As far as accuracy is concerned its a mid range weapon and its very easy to land concecutive head shots from mid range. From long range, not as much but that's where the snipertron excels. The gun seems just fine imo.

I think the burston feels OP @ level 30 with proper mods. Almost all mobs die in one burst. Some are two. How is this weak? As far as accuracy is concerned its a mid range weapon and its very easy to land concecutive head shots from mid range. From long range, not as much but that's where the snipertron excels. The gun seems just fine imo.

I'd like to know what mods you have, and have you load them on a level 30 Braton or Gorgon and see what the results are.

I'd also like to know if the fire rate upgrades on a burston affect the delay between bursts, or just how fast a burst is.

A Braton at lvl30 achieves the same results with the same Mods....

Not to mention Gorgon which is a beast (and more accurate)...

medium or close range

Assault rifle, not shotgun-in-disguise-bullethose. The Braton can do it.

I think the burston feels OP @ level 30 with proper mods.

A Braton at lvl30 achieves the same results with the same Mods....

Actually, it performs betters.

To those who love their Burston: No one is attacking you. We are saying, the Burston needs a buff, and say so because it is weaker than the majority of other options. The biggest downfall is how it has no inherent stability bonus which is the only reason one would use a burst rifle. The follow-up issue of the extremely sloweed-down RoF with the gap between bursts don't make it better. If you like your Burston, cool, but compare it to a Braton, which is the closest competitor. And there is already worlds between the two. If you don't have the Braton, you can hardly make an educated statement, though. You don't know the difference.

If you only have the Burston, you cannot properly compare. No one is attempting to offend your decision. But if you have the Braton and Burston, then you can see the differences in performance clear as day.