Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Truth Behind The Frames.

darkone96

I like these guides. And I disagree with the statements that this is a troll post. It's an amusing set of guides. Tells it like it is.

List seems mighty accurate, both the frame and weapon ones.

u got nout to say about the butt guide m80

Edited by Snilah

I don't see why people say Nyx is bad in this thread. She's great. Chaos just lets you run around with not as much as worries. Absorb scales infinitely and can do tons of damage if casted at the right place without anyones help. I've used Absorb a lot with online peeps and have never asked players to shoot the Absorb seriously.

Hmmm, pretty much agree, but.... 

Ash, Zephyr, Hydroid, Banshee, Ex'cal and Valkyr are a bit too lowly rated. 

Ash - now, after his buffs he's pretty decent frame and with his ultimate (Blade Storm) if modded properly can deal amazing amounts of (Finisher) dmg that bypases armor and deals additional Bleeding dmg with 100% chance of being inflicted;

Zephyr - great mobility frame with some pretty nice powers, her ultimate is messy and annoying but help if in a pinch, something like very chaotic Vortex, her 3rd powers can greatly increase her survivability, 1st&2nd power best mobility skills ( with 2nd usable only to quick landing); 

Hydroid - my knowledge about Hydro is a bit limited but I know and saw players that use his 3rd power to kinda group enemies ( even if it don't kill high lvl enemies it always traps them), dunno about 1st powers dmg but 2nd and his ultimate look pretty useful, tentacles are dmg&cc which is always good and his 2nd is great cc;

Banshee - 1st powers = self def, pusher, cc, great for keeping heavy units away; 2nd power is just WOAH!, gives you spots on enemies that increase dmg you deal to them if hit, 3rd = dunno about it's usefulness after the patch, 4th = decent cc, only veteran player kinda get the meaning of Banshee I guess; 

Excalibur - Slash Dash for mobility, Blind power good cc, uber-Jump always good mobility, ultimate good till mid-levels, till midlevels his the best frame for you;

Valkyr -  free grappling hook for mobility, free attack speed buff (now with melee 2.0 I love to spam this power), free stun with her 3rd power(also melee 2.o spam of choice power), ultimate makes you freakin' IMMORTAL for 15 or more seconds and imagine what will it be with new combo moves for her, 

Other Warframes are also better than rated in OPs graph(like Nyx or Frost that are more than accepted or Nekros that rly should be Rejected although I love this frame and want him to be better), I have just described the ones that I raged about when read this thread. I agree with others, that's my opinion. 

Edited by darkhades2012

Why is mag approved, I thought everyone agreed she was useless

Mag is not useless.  Shield Polarize and Pull make her viable in any tier.  

I'm having a hard time with the assessment that Mag is a clone of Nova.  How are their powers or even looks remotely similar?  Banshee is viable as well, I take her to Defenses, Survival, Interceptions, etc. all the way to T4 and I have almost no failure with her, or Mag.

Edited by Noamuth

Have you tried Chaos in a high level infested full of ancients? (ODS)

i don't desire weak teams that can't manhandle enemies so strongly that the loot is scattered. and in experience enemies are incredibly terrible at killing eachother under the effect of chaos.

Mag is not useless.  Shield Polarize and Pull make her viable in any tier.  

I'm having a hard time with the assessment that Mag is a clone of Nova.  How are their powers or even looks remotely similar?

that comes down to the multiplier on bullet attractor and competing against AoE room cleaning

i don't desire weak teams that can't manhandle enemies so strongly that the loot is scattered. and in experience enemies are incredibly terrible at killing eachother under the effect of chaos.

But I don't think people actually use Chaos to kill enemies. They're all practically decoys shooting at each other. People use Chaos to kill the enemy without them trying to kill you. If your use of Chaos is to let the enemies shoot each other till they die than you've been using chaos wrong

Edited by izzatuw

Ash - now, after his buffs he's pretty decent frame and with his ultimate

Zephyr - great mobility frame ( with 2nd usable only to quick landing); 

Hydroid - my knowledge about Hydro is a bit limited but I know and saw players that use his 3rd power to kinda group enemies ( even if it don't kill high lvl enemies it always traps them), dunno about 1st powers dmg but 2nd and his ultimate look pretty useful, tentacles are dmg&cc which is always good and his 2nd is great cc;

Banshee - 1st powers = self def, pusher, cc, great for keeping heavy units away; 2nd power is just WOAH!, gives you spots on enemies that increase dmg you deal to them if hit, 3rd = dunno about it's usefulness after the patch, 4th = decent cc, only veteran player kinda get the meaning of Banshee I guess; 

Excalibur - Slash Dash for mobility, Blind power good cc, uber-Jump always good mobility, ultimate good till mid-levels, till midlevels his the best frame for you;

Valkyr -  free grappling hook for mobility, free attack speed buff (now with melee 2.0 I love to spam this power), free stun with her 3rd power(also melee 2.o spam of choice power), ultimate makes you freakin' IMMORTAL for 15 or more seconds and imagine what will it be with new combo moves for her, 

Other Warframes are also better than rated in OPs graph(like Nyx or Frost that are more than accepted or Nekros 

ash has bad scaling still

i'm with ya on zeph for self defense and mobility

hydroid has an unwanted CC like zeph that scatters everything

banshee is only good for sonar but that doesn't work well with high end groups

excal's jump and radial blind are pretty alright but he has terrible scaling and in the end blind is only good for pub teams

valk really needs that impending hysteria rework before she can finally be called good or bad but as it is now its terrible at high levels outside of ground finisher

nekros is considered good because warframe is about farming and he does that best

But I don't think people actually use Chaos to kill enemies. They're all practically decoys shooting at each other. People use Chaos to kill the enemy without them trying to kill you. If your use of Chaos is to let the enemies shoot each other till they die than you've been using chaos wrong

its better to have proper loadouts and frame setups that don't drag everything on

excal's jump and radial blind are pretty alright but he has terrible scaling and in the end blind is only good for pub teams

I beg to differ on Radial blind. Let me list some facts about it.

1. It stuns before it blinds.

2. The stun -always- lasts 5 seconds. Period. Then blind comes into effect.

3. Maximized for range it has a range of  58.8 Meters, that's further than an arcane helm range Loki.

4. Blind enemies take 4x Melee damage.

5. Blind enemy units (with some exceptions) will not attack.

6. Does -not- require line of sight.

Seriously Excal is the premiere(to me anyways) Tier 4 Defense defender since he can cover damn close to the whole main room with blind from the pod. 

EDIT: In  addendum it can also be hit more often than Radial Disarm and doesn't cause units to come SPRINTING in to give you a hug. Cause y'know one hit's happen past about wave 30 T4.

Edited by Squig

Zephyr - ... 1st&2nd power best mobility skills ( with 2nd usable only to quick landing)

Volt Speed, coptering.

Banshee - 2nd power is just WOAH!, gives you spots on enemies that increase dmg you deal to them if hit

Don't rely on your team mates in pub to take advantage of that.

Other Warframes are also better than rated in OPs graph(like Nyx or Frost that are more than accepted or Nekros that rly should be Rejected although I love this frame and want him to be better), I have just described the ones that I raged about when read this thread. I agree with others, that's my opinion. 

Frost only just made the cut. Nekros has a niche role only he can do.

There's an updated version with an added disclaimer. Use whatever you want, but those approved Frames are solid. Best sellers even more so.

I hope you're not implying Valkyr is any use against level 9999 infested. It's just not good at the high level stuff.

I hope you're not implying that ANYONE is any use against level 9999 infested.  Really all you can do is keep running and coptering just to get to the objectives.  Ash and Loki can use stealth but I don't see what else you can do.