Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee'ing Bosses

Sev1107

So I've gone around to most of the bosses and found out that you can't melee a lot of them. Most of them have weak points that cannot be melee'd. If we're going to have melee as a way to kill things, shouldnt we be able to kill bosses with it too? I don't care if we have to run up Lephanis' arms to get to his head and stab at it only to get flung off, but allow us to kill bosses like Lephy, Hek, Ruk, and Krill (for anyone wanting to add in the Void Vor, you can kill him with melee, i've done it before, it just needs to be a horizontal slash to hit i think) by some means.

One idea my friend had was to somehow climb onto their back and stab/punch/kick/whatever at their weak point. One of my ideas was to just lessen the damage that they receive from melee hits.

Hoping this get implemented at some point.

They've mentioned this on a previous devstream (30 I think) and at the time they said that they think you should only be able to approach bosses in specific ways, which a chunk of the community opposes because it means you may end up not able to defeat the boss on your first encounter unless you've spoiled yourself and found out what the boss fight is like, and also limits playstyle choices

The problem with being able to melee bosses is pretty evident, I reckon.

Walk up to em, spam melee, never have to worry about a thing.

At least with weak points you have to aim at something.

Personally I was never a fan of small circles of "you can only hit this bit". But I think right now it's only feasible to have two things;

-an enemy that can be shot anywhere easily and/or mindlessly melee'd to death

-an enemy with small weak points to hit and invulnerability all over everything else

Usually I don't go for the whole "makes it too easy" thing. But bosses should at least be a little bit interesting, surely?

Or they could set bosses to a locked difficulty and have them at a few hundred million HP with five stages so it isn't blitzed through as easily.

But beefed-up sponges work in WoW, I don't think it fits Warframe at all. Stages in boss fights are cool though.

but what about those players who are melee users at the most and don't really rely on their primary or secondary weapons It should be fair for them to be able to melee bosses belive it or not this is a dilemma

The devs would rather railroad you to specific loadouts than compromise design aspects of their bosses

The problem with being able to melee bosses is pretty evident, I reckon.

Walk up to em, spam melee, never have to worry about a thing.

Well if you just make it so bosses can be melee'd yeah. But if they did that I kinda assumed they'd end up putting in some kind of close range defense/offense to the bosses such as a knockback/knockdown/stun/something to prevent that spam melee.