Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Replace Rng With Grind That Benefits Both Players And Developers.

Yezzik

I had the idea ages ago to spread old Prime parts out across the starmap as low-chance rewards from each mission, so as to get players doing more than just levelling where the XP is best and making underused tilesets and nodes more popular.

Stance/mod farming has given me another idea to expand on this one, one that will fix the issues of players not being able to find Serration or Gleaming Talon, etc.

The plan? Tie mod drops not to enemy types, but to particular missions. In other words, the enemies in Lares drop one mod, and each other node has a unique mod associated with it.

This way, if a mod drops, it's going to be the one you went there to find. Either that or have certain mods be mission rewards from specific missions.

So, what would be the difference between a rare and a common mod ?

And so there would be one node where you would find fusion cores, right ? I don't think we would explore the system more if it was the case ^^

Cambria drops Tranquil Cleaves.

JUST Tranquil Cleaves...

Edited by Psychotoxin

It's an interesting concept, however I don't see how it "replaces rng with grind".

It's still RNG and it would still be players playing the mission that drops the most popular mods over and over again.

I'm not really big on the RNG war though, I don't mind it that much.

There wouldn't be a Fusion Core node.

They'd come from everywhere.

And I'm not talking about Tranquil Cleave being as common as Slash Dash, just that if a mod on that level dropped and it wasn't a Core, it'd be X mod.

And I'm not talking about Tranquil Cleave being as common as Slash Dash, just that if a mod on that level dropped and it wasn't a Core, it'd be X mod.

we`d need 3-4 more solar systems with that amount of nodes...

... With the same rarity as the one it has now.

this way instead of possibly finding a mod on a certain amount of missions, you have to do the very same mission over and over again.

imo, it only moves the problem instead of solving it

Can't see how Exterminate causes a problem; you'll be slaughtering them anyway.

And Psycho, there's about 330 mods available these days, and about 250 mission nodes counting the Void and Derelict. That's not much difference considering a lot of mods are junk anyway.

Can't see how Exterminate causes a problem; you'll be slaughtering them anyway.

And Psycho, there's about 330 mods available these days, and about 250 mission nodes counting the Void and Derelict. That's not much difference considering a lot of mods are junk anyway.

then you`ll have a lot of nodes that won`t be visited at all, because they guarantee crap mods... problem = not solved

I can't even remember where it came from.

A better example would be Gleaming Talon for me. I'd rather know that every enemy I kill in Xini can drop it, rather than having to go there because it only comes from Leech Ospreys and that's the least worst place to find them.

i`ve spend atleast 30-35 hours trying to get Tranquil Cleave. I still don`t have it...

Your idea wouldn`t solve the issue for me, since now i`m grinding  Cambria. it has a decent spawn rate for frontier butchers, and they`re supposed to drop TC.

Now let`s say, you move Tranquil Cleave to a diferent node - i go farm it there, and how have my chances increased, or the drop rate gotten fair-er if it`s, say, in Puck...?