Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Progress Be Reset After Beta?

MFCC1989

They have the option in the open beta agreement.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

6. During the Open Beta Test, you will have the opportunity to purchase Platinum, the official Warframe in-game currency; Platinum can be used to buy items in the game. In the event that we reset the player base (after Open Beta or otherwise) we will set your Platinum balance to the total amount previously purchased.

I doubt they will though.

Oh, having bugs isn't the hallmark of being beta. That's not what I'm saying. The point is that it's an excuse not to deal with issues. This game is past beta imo. Why DE still keeps that label, idk. To me it's an excuse. Somebody offers feedback on a particular issue, "BETA". Someone doesn't like something in the game, "BETA". DE doesn't fix an issue after it's been known for a while, and someone asks when it'll be fixed, "BETA".

What's the difference between excuse and reason? It's not like they're sitting around the office having money fights and ignoring things. Stuff gets fixed all the time. I have heard there is a document of persistent bugs floating around and viewing that might change my opinion but I find my experience to be largely bug free. Certainly no more so than the games I mentioned that have no hope of ever being fixed significantly less in most cases. I also don't run into much that makes me go "that's been in here forever".

You still didnt answer what you thought would change if they dropped the beta tag. It's a work in progress now and it would be if they changed it. I doubt it would cause a noticable shift in the corporate culture or their approach to the development. The people who are unhappy won't be any happier and those of us who are happy could care less what they call it.

Edited by NevanChambers

I asked Rebecca a day or so ago if there were going to be any more optional resets, and she replied with "Don't think it's coming back, sorry :("

Honestly, I'd like to know what level of game changes it would take for a mandatory reset to happen.

Im curious about what will happen with the "Exclusive stuff" like the Vandal Weapons, Excal Prime gear, Proto Excal and all the others.  

Im curious about what will happen with the "Exclusive stuff" like the Vandal Weapons, Excal Prime gear, Proto Excal and all the others.  

You'd keep them. Apparently that's what happened during the optional reset.