The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why 24 Hours Just To Rank Up?

Chronicrave

The only thing I find irritating about the tests is that, for the 1-2 at least, it only tests your ability with a handgun.....I suck with a handgun:) but then I like playing with a frame modded for ability use ( volt+ nyx mostly) and very rarely in any mission do I even use a sidearm. If the tests were laid out in such a way that you could choose a particular aspect of gameplay you prefer that would be nice. Choosing between a test of sidearm/ power/ melee would be great for those who like playing in different ways.

Youre supposed to be jack of all trades and thats how high lvl gameplay is. 

Just as the subject says, I basically would like to know why there is a 24 hour wait time to do the mission to rank up if you happen to fail. I can understand that you need to earn your rank - even though you have been leveling normally anyway - but when you fail the mission due to an issue that its not your fault as in a network problem or something like the server update issues they were having, you have to wait an entire day just to try it again. I mean if you are going to implement a penalty for failing the mission let it be like an hour wait at least....but a whole day? Why? whats the significance if anyone knows please reply. Thanks

I think that mission is hosted at p2p since during server issues some time ago my friend couldnt connect while i was still on mission and i got disconnected just after finishing it.

It makes the rank-up mission intense. You read up on it, you prepare for it, and it's hard. You will only have to do each one once, so it's not like you're grinding it. It's supposed to be a test of skill. If you can re-try it infinitely, it's not much of a test because you'll eventually get lucky.

Good advice. Advice I will try to take. It still leaves the question, why?

What test in real life can you take again immediately after failing? 24hours is for you to get your act together now that you KNOW what to expect, and come back in prepared. can you retake the SAT's immediately after taking them? no you reschedule for something like MONTHS later. GMAT? LSAT? no? thought not. everything has a waiting period in life. Fail a class only offered in one quarter? wait a year.

Well basically this 'mastery ranking' system is to prove that u are strong enough to proceed on higher ranks.

Lets go with this.

1. Tests are ridiculously easy. If you do not posses the minimal common sense to shoot enemies in the head instead of the leg, then you are neither fit for higher missions, nor better equipment. If it was me, i would even prevent you from joining higher level parties too cause obviously you are nothing but a liability.

2. The game does not award you for failing to muster a minimum amount of IQ and this is in fact a great thing.

3. 24 hours are nothing and prevent you from nothing. You can try tomorrow, same time, and if you wanted to use a level restricted weapon, then damn thats how it is.

4. Immersion and lore wise these tests present something to remember your progress by. Not just "wee an another number". Also a pretty positive thing.

Summed up: Please use your heads. If you are incapable of doing so, then we all encourage you to infest World of Warcraft's forums instead of this one.

Thank you for your consideration and understanding.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Lets go with this.

1. Tests are ridiculously easy. If you do not posses the minimal common sense to shoot enemies in the head instead of the leg, then you are neither fit for higher missions, nor better equipment. If it was me, i would even prevent you from joining higher level parties too cause obviously you are nothing but a liability.

2. The game does not award you for failing to muster a minimum amount of IQ and this is in fact a great thing.

3. 24 hours are nothing and prevent you from nothing. You can try tomorrow, same time, and if you wanted to use a level restricted weapon, then damn thats how it is.

4. Immersion and lore wise these tests present something to remember your progress by. Not just "wee an another number". Also a pretty positive thing.

Summed up: Please use your heads. If you are incapable of doing so, then we all encourage you to infest World of Warcraft's forums instead of this one.

Thank you for your consideration and understanding.

If 24 hours is nothing and prevents nothing, then why have it. I could understand if it had a reward, and the reward gets smaller the more times you fail.

Honestly though, I don't think a lot of folks start failing them until they hit #6. I have passed so far 1st time to level 3 and not so difficult.

Also your post wasn't bad until you got to the "go to warcraft" part. Why people insist on telling others to leave games over opinions is beyond me. This is beta, and these opinions matter. They may not all be in line with your thinking, but they are important none-the-less.

In the overall scope of things I do feel this is rather a small detail. It does not really matter either way to me, I just don't see a reason for it to be so long. My opinion and one of many.

Edited by Xtorma

If 24 hours is nothing and prevents nothing, then why have it. 

Most of what i have said answers this question, but lets do it again:

1. Its a direct indicator on your capabilities and equipment

2. Tests are ridiculously easy. If you do not posses the minimal common sense to shoot enemies in the head instead of the leg, then you are neither fit for higher missions, nor better equipment. If it was me, i would even prevent you from joining higher level parties too cause obviously you are nothing but a liability.

3. The game does not award you for failing to muster a minimum amount of IQ and this is in fact a great thing.

Why people insist on telling others to leave games over opinions is beyond me.

Let me put it this way for you: On ANY game out there forums are always stock full about people wanting it easier all the time. Want to place less effort into everything, but at the same time gain more. This topic and the very notion of your opinion shares this feature.

A line needs to be drawn.

I find it past ridiculous that people refuse to adapt to the game, and instead demand that the game adapts to them, even if its at the cost of ruining it bit by bit.

Sorry. You failed. 24 hours which prevent you from nothing else other than taking the test are more than adequate.

Either you measure up to the requirements you are facing, or please understand that this game is not meant to be played by you.

This is beta, and these opinions matter. They may not all be in line with your thinking, but they are important none-the-less. In the overall scope of things I do feel this is rather a small detail. It does not really matter either way to me, I just don't see a reason for it to be so long. My opinion and one of many.

Then take my words as an opinion too.

Take it as an opinion that i am beyond sick and tired of people who want everything easier on them self to the point where the entire game loses it point because you can have everything for literally nothing.

Its just my opinion that if you failed, then waiting 24 hours is more than adequate in return, and you should be punished by the game until you either measure up to it, or accept the fact that you have hit your limits.

This is not elitism nor anything the like on my part. I am nothing but an average player myself, who will probably hit the 24 hour limit too, but i adore the fact that i am encouraged to get better, and will not open threads on the forum about "could someone explain it to me why the game reminds me on failing by having a 24 hour retake penalty".

Just an opinion amongst many.

Most of what i have said answers this question, but lets do it again:

1. Its a direct indicator on your capabilities and equipment

2. Tests are ridiculously easy. If you do not posses the minimal common sense to shoot enemies in the head instead of the leg, then you are neither fit for higher missions, nor better equipment. If it was me, i would even prevent you from joining higher level parties too cause obviously you are nothing but a liability.

3. The game does not award you for failing to muster a minimum amount of IQ and this is in fact a great thing.

Let me put it this way for you: On ANY game out there forums are always stock full about people wanting it easier all the time. Want to place less effort into everything, but at the same time gain more. This topic and the very notion of your opinion shares this feature.

A line needs to be drawn.

I find it past ridiculous that people refuse to adapt to the game, and instead demand that the game adapts to them, even if its at the cost of ruining it bit by bit.

Sorry. You failed. 24 hours which prevent you from nothing else other than taking the test are more than adequate.

Either you measure up to the requirements you are facing, or please understand that this game is not meant to be played by you.

Then take my words as an opinion too.

Take it as an opinion that i am beyond sick and tired of people who want everything easier on them self to the point where the entire game loses it point because you can have everything for literally nothing.

Its just my opinion that if you failed, then waiting 24 hours is more than adequate in return, and you should be punished by the game until you either measure up to it, or accept the fact that you have hit your limits.

This is not elitism nor anything the like on my part. I am nothing but an average player myself, who will probably hit the 24 hour limit too, but i adore the fact that i am encouraged to get better, and will not open threads on the forum about "could someone explain it to me why the game reminds me on failing by having a 24 hour retake penalty".

Just an opinion amongst many.

A 24 hr waiting period makes the game harder?

A 24 hr waiting period makes the game harder?

You keep on trying to sell this as a feature without point and/or impact on the game.

The issue with that is that we can keep on passing the argument around "then why do you want to get it removed/kept" endlessly.

It goes back on your failure. Its a more than welcome feature.

Edited by Aerensiniac

You keep on trying to sell this as a feature without point and/or impact on the game.

The issue with that is that we can keep on passing the argument around "then why do you want to get it removed/kept" endlessly.

It goes back on your failure. Its a more than welcome feature.

You are right, we could go on forever. It's the downside of opposing opinions. Fact is, it's in the game, it's what it is. Whether I think it's the appendix of warframe or not is simply input during a beta period.

The tests are pretty stupid, they don't outline what you can or cannot do.  Nor do they explain the objectives to you.  They just give you one line and tell you go.

In fact, I failed my first test because I had my sentinel equipped.  Where the F*** does it tell you to take it off your pet before you start?

Son, I come from Dark Souls. There is NOTHING to complain about in a game once you've played Dark Souls. There are no such thing as unjust penalties to me anymore, no such thing as being too difficult.

Big deal, you have a screwy connection, so what. It's not like the game could tell, it doesn't differentiate crappy players from ones with terrible connections. If you can admit and are fully aware that games are made for one purpose; to waste your time-- then you are a healthy gamer in my eyes.

The tests are pretty stupid, they don't outline what you can or cannot do.  Nor do they explain the objectives to you.  They just give you one line and tell you go.

In fact, I failed my first test because I had my sentinel equipped.  Where the F*** does it tell you to take it off your pet before you start?

Exactly this, also some tests are bugged and you can fail even if you do nothing wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I am incredibly pissed about this system. I paid like 20€ to get enough platinum for Rhino and just when I was about to get it, I had to do the test. There I was shooting people with my pistol and then one of the targets didint die no matter how many times I shot it. Then I have to wait for another BLOODY 24 HOURS to try it again?
So basically, they want me to first pay my &#! off with real money, then they want me to level my weapons to the point that my fingers and &#! hurt, then they want me to play through a literally RIDICILOUS test to "prove that I am worthy"?!
I am very upset about this system. I hope that they will remove such an abomination, because it only takes good time from people to try out new Warframes and weapons and get more into the game.
This is my honest opinion. The game seemed very enjoyable first, but now it just hurts me to even think about it.

• 5 months later...

i just failed the level 8 test for the 6th time. Somehow i cannot make the third test because i keep running up the wall instead of alongside it. The wait does not make me better, the wait does not give me advise on how to improve or do better next time, the wait accomplishes nothing but making me feel bad until the next try. I does however accomplish me rethinking why i even play this game. Games should provide joy not anger. A challenge okay but it stays a challenge even if i can retry it the very instant. Battlefield 4 can be a challenge and hurrah i do not have to wait 24hrs to redo a mission

i just failed the level 8 test for the 6th time. Somehow i cannot make the third test because i keep running up the wall instead of alongside it. The wait does not make me better, the wait does not give me advise on how to improve or do better next time, the wait accomplishes nothing but making me feel bad until the next try. I does however accomplish me rethinking why i even play this game. Games should provide joy not anger. A challenge okay but it stays a challenge even if i can retry it the very instant. Battlefield 4 can be a challenge and hurrah i do not have to wait 24hrs to redo a mission

Jump, Worm Hole, Bounce, and Decoy/Switch teleport combo are very useful in test 8.

I don't know if any of you guys have reached the rank 6 test, but 24 hours makes it kind of ridiculous. I didn't have any issues with the other tests, but you need near perfect reaction time for round 3 of this one, and it's easy to fail. A previous poster mentioned rhythm gained when repeating boss fights, and this test works similar to that.

I know there's nothing to really gain from tests above 4, but the 24 hours can result in people playing warframe the rest of the time and not getting mastery points.

Actually it's relatively easy if you know what to do (it's the one with the glowing orbs you have to shoot, right? I'd suggest bringing a Soma [assuming you grabbed it before its mastery rank was raised, of course], or something else with a big magazine and good precision, Latron with some magazine mods maybe). I would also suggest everyone to look up the tests on the Wiki and prepare accordingly.

Also there are things to gain from mastery above 4, iirc the highest "useful" mastery rank is 8 right now.