Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Boltor Prime Need A Nerf!

OrphanMaker

Yeah Boltor Prime definitely needs a nerf, even though decently into a T4 it will take a entire clip to down someone.

Yeah nerf it please.

The problem doesn't need fixed by a nerf, it needs fixed by buffs to the other less well off weapons.

dude I dont even use boltor prime cuz of its flight time...

to every single players that want to nerf boltor prime from now to the future when warframe is finally out of beta i said NO!!! NO!!! and NOOOOOO!!!!

how many "no" i have to give? :D

edit:

buff other weapon so it's closer to boltor prime/soma

Edited by Godhands

to every single players that want to nerf boltor prime from now to the future when warframe is finally out of beta i said NO!!! NO!!! and NOOOOOO!!!!

how many "no" i have to give? :D

"NO" means nothing. Put a reasoning behind it atleast.

Reason to nerf it is, its clearly more powerful than other weapons. It does over 50% more DPS than a weapon supposed to be high DPS, when also being more accurate, and having better ammo economy.

YES nerf it so its closer to other weapons.

The only time I use Boltor Prime is when I don't feel like aiming or less familiar with a boss fight (because of the red light green light mechanics - in addition to their godly unrealistic acceleration when moving about leaving less time to actually aim or predict where they're going).  

When BP came out I did feel like it should be nerfed 20-30%, but now I feel like that's somewhat hard to justify given what is available (I changed my mind).  In the hands of truely gifted players, some crit weapons leave BP in the dust.  BP is a pretty sweet unique looking weapon that pins enemies to walls.  Bad-@$$ weapons should perform amazing in my book.  As the game develops, as long as we don't have everyone screaming powercreep, we can get more badass weapons that are beefy

BP has good accuracy but still has a projectile with flight time and the accuracy doesn't seem to improve much while zooming.  Perhaps it's less noticed because of the RoF of the weapon, but  when shooting at moving targets at a distance a fair number of bullets/bolts you shoot widely miss despite your best efforts. Looking at my profile, I see that BP has about 1/2 the accuracy of most of the weapons I use (sitting at 40%-which is actually one of the lowest of any weapon).  Granted that's largely in  part of my 'I just don't care' playstyle with it dumping way more ammo than is needed to kill my target mostly just painting the walls.  Even with burst fire it seems I have to actually look for ammo, certainly more often than using a sniper or Latron Wraith/Prime (granted slightly more time is spent aiming-just ran a T4 def -playing casually- and got 50% accuracy with Boltor Prime and 80% with Dread- I could have done better but I wanted a good causal rapid fire comparison so I didn't line up shots perfectly).

What I'm saying is that's probably why it has 20-30% higher dps than expected. I'm not exactly against a nerf for BP, but I don't think it's all that necessary. With weapons like Latron Wraith and Dread around (weapons that seems to have better ammo economy)  I'd say BP is perfectly balanced for a top tier weapon class.

Edited by Quizel