Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Way To Get Stance Mods.

bigfoot1812

I had this strange idea so stay with me for a little bit.

we all have had a hard time getting one stance or another or that one that will just never drop.

so here is my idea what if instead of being a drop it was given to you on crafting, or when the weapon reached a set rank say 15 or 30.

what do you all think?

I like to think about stance mods as of manuals of old techniques - you can try to learn a weapon by your own but without knowledge contained in stance mods you can't truly master it. Giving them away is easier way  but it would break that feel.

Edited by xGryphus

I like to think about stance mods as of manuals of old techniques - you can try to learn a weapon by your own but without knowledge contained in stance mods you can't truly master it. Giving them away is easier way  but it would brake that feel.

I get were you are coming from just thought it would be a nice thing to add from all the grinding people do to try and get one mod. i am just trying to come up with a way to balance the feel of "learning" and the grind I have friends that have been trying to get one stance or another from when 2.0 came out. that is why i thought of the level block once you "master" or max out the rank you would learn the stance. as with most martial arts weapons even when you start using it you settle in to a "stance" of one kind or another that is refined as you use the weapon and you "learn" what  feels "right".

Edited by bigfoot1812

There are stance mods that took me quite a while to acquire, but I feel like just giving them away would invalidate them being mods. If they're just going to be handed to you, why not just make stances the movesets for weapons again? If it's going to get streamlined with freebies, take it all the way and get rid of the clutter.

If not, it might as well stay the way it is.

I can agree with getting a common stance for your weapon upon lvl 15.

I could go for obtaining the rare stance mod after an arduous quest of killing 1000 enemies of a certain type.

I could not go for the way it is now. It sucks the will to play out of the game with the feeling of no matter how long I play, the thing I want is forever outside of my grasp unless magic happens.

Suggest a Quest: Dev Quest!

Dev starts a new account. Every time the dev get s a new stance, they have to stop their progression and play the mission they got that stance from until they can level the stance to max through duplicates.

If this seems unreasonable, unfair, or cruel to force someone to do this, perhaps it indicates a problem?

I can agree with getting a common stance for your weapon upon lvl 15.

I could go for obtaining the rare stance mod after an arduous quest of killing 1000 enemies of a certain type.

I could not go for the way it is now. It sucks the will to play out of the game with the feeling of no matter how long I play, the thing I want is forever outside of my grasp unless magic happens.

Suggest a Quest: Dev Quest!

Dev starts a new account. Every time the dev get s a new stance, they have to stop their progression and play the mission they got that stance from until they can level the stance to max through duplicates.

If this seems unreasonable, unfair, or cruel to force someone to do this, perhaps it indicates a problem?

It would be awesome if once we level a weapon to a set rank (15-30) we discover a lead for a stance then just have to kill (like you said) a set number of enemies. that would help the people that farm and farm and farm but never get the drop.