The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Mech Suit, Turrets, End Game...

iamah

(sorry, Engrish ahead)

For longer defenses and survivals, when lasers and weapons fall short, a prepared Tenno can deploy a controllable Mech or Turret.

Of course there's a shiny golden Orokin Mech. You enter the mech and control it in 3rd person view too. It walks or glides, but the great advantage is defense and firepower. Equipped with lasers, rotating machine-guns, flames, missiles or really huge weapons, mechs look powerful to reflect the upgrade in damage resistance and DPS. They're bigger than frames. The Orokin Mech has fluid forms but still looks heavy.

Turrets are deployed too, though better suited for stationary missions like defense.

These equipments bring a new kind of "end game", being allowed after X minutes in survivals, of X amount of waves in defense, when Boltor Prime looks weak.

Made in the foundry, with blueprints, parts, materials...

Ya that's a no to mech suits.  We should just have our player ships blast through the ceiling of the larger areas with the option of remote control gunship targetting.  And counter that with different types of enemy waves like Heavy Gunner Wave, all enemies are now heavy gunners or Eximus Heavy Gunners.  If everyone loses their playerships, they can no longer extract.

:3

Edited by KnotOfMetal

I can imagine the deployable turrets-grenades-bombs but the mechs and vehicles aren't fit well to this game. This is depend on ofc what perspective we see this game but still this is a ninja game with lack ninja elements, only with gore and slicing. The stealthy approach is miss so badly.

Now, idea itself is interesting, but only for enemies, can't really imagine how it would look like if tenno are driving a giant mech, what's the point of warframes itself then?

You think of something like Terraframe? Nope, too big. Maybe an exoskeleton for corpus.

The point would be a different Tier of gear to handle a different Tier of threats and introduce new levels of gameplay like wide open areas with giant environmental hazards or under water, massive battle fields where our warframes wouldn't survive exposure, or base siege combat, and after breaching we go switch back to ninja gamemode.

It always seemed off to me in sci-fi games not to have or encounter the upper tier level of combat.  Like for example the US military has small drones soldiers deploy to scout areas, then there's the soldiers themselves, the vehicles/tanks/larger-drones, then the carriers/destroyers.  In science fiction space environments we should have a similar level of existing assets (usually expanded further upon, cuz future) even if they are just assumed and not actually encountered in direct gameplay (I'm sure DE has plenty to work on already).

Edited by KnotOfMetal

If you have mechs, you defeat the purpose of Warframes, which is to be powerful, swift and resolute, by putting them in a slow lumbering target

If you make the mechs powerful, swift and mobile, like Warframes, you might as well just ditch Warframes or buff them altogether, because it'll pretty much achieve the same affect

Not to mention the problems that would arise from having players racing to be the first to get into a mech.

Also, this Isn't Titanfall, y'know? Some things just do not fit the magic space ninja theme, like deployable Ferraris or Battle Kittens.

(SN: where's my battle kitten dlc) 

It wouldn't be fair to have hulked out mechs, unless the grineer, corpus, infested, and corrupted factions had their own versions or relatively dangerous threats, which they should :3

A few Mech suits made it into the Enemy contest finals, which means DE will add them eventually. There is a massive Infested Juggernaught coming soon as well.

thanks ValhaHazred for reading the part that said the suit would use the same fluid forms of the game...I guess my mistake was using the word "Mech"... I could phrase it around to avoid that word and still describe huge badass "suits" or something, but my Engrish is too short for that...

to everyone automatically comparing it to Titanfall or whatever, you surely lack faith in DE team... these guys proved they can make old concepts look original, they surely could add end game scale modifiers for the action and still fit the universe...

It would be less boring for late game to optionally change the scale of the engagements through advanced game content, something extra for new players to aspire for too...  reminds me of this old game I used to play, where they hade a huge unit for late game, this is the Behemoth for Savage: http://youtu.be/38LmQ5tGip4?t=18m30s

Edited by iamah