Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Are Ancients A Bit Op?

Story4

Ok so Ancient healer isn't so OP, but ancient disruptor takes down your shields AND leaves you without energy so you cannot escape if he hits you and you can't even get close to the toxic ancient because he kills you and they also have alot of armor. This wouldn't really be a problem if they didn't spawn by the dozens! And when 2 ancient disruptors hit you your pretty much dead.

Compared to the grineer bombard for example, he is as dangerous as an ancient healer, but you maybe get 2 or 3 max, not 7 at a time! Not to mention that the other grineer lancers or troopers do not stun you, but if an ancient gets a hit on you other crawlers, leapers or runners can get closer to you and stun you even more!

One thing that can be done is either to remove the ancients armor so that even if they spawn alot they can be dealt with rapidly or just make them spawn less.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Things shouldn't be too easy, and if they were you'd probably complain about it.

Distruptors are more annoying than they are overpowered in any way. Poison damage receive from standing near a Toxic is indeed high, but it's so easily avoidable that it needs no change

Well, I do kinda agree with you with you on this one.

For one, I'm an owner of a Nyx warframe...so numbers aren't really a threat to me. The more powerful they are, the faster they'll tear each other apart.

The other, I also have other warframes and yes, I do face that menacing mob of hulking ancients walking to me and go, 'Oh my Lotus. What do.' But I'd suggest aiming for their weakspots and take down one another as fast as possible.

Bolt weapons, go for the head.

Bullet-based weapons for for the huge right shoe.

That or spam your warframe's abilities. :/

I said it before and I'll say it again. Things shouldn't be too easy, and if they were you'd probably complain about it.

Distruptors are more annoying than they are overpowered in any way. Poison damage receive from standing near a Toxic is indeed high, but it's so easily avoidable that it needs no change

so, does the arm is intended too?

i just need confirmation on this one..

Get a lvl 30 gram, with 100% charge dmg or more and maxed melee dmg. No longer that OP!

In all honesty they are a bit OP though, the toxic dmg is waay too high I think.

Ahem, it wouldn't be a problem if they couldn't hit you from 10 meters away or if they didn't stun you, but as it is they spawn alot, they have range, they are very resilient, they stun or knock you down allowing others to stun you even more, they deplete your shield and your energy or they even damage you without even getting through your shield.

Compared to the Grineer Bombard who just shoots a rocket every 5 second that moves very slowly, is dodgeable, is much less resilient to firearms and you can nullify his damage completely if you just take some cover. And they don't spawn in the dozens!

Yes i agree they shouldn't be too easy, but the problem is that they spawn too much and are way too resilient!

Also see my comparison with the Grineer bombard.

Edited by Story4

I'm not familiar with this issue

you know, their extended arm was previously dodgeable..

for now, it's almost impossible to dodge, you have to freeze them first to be able to dodge their extended arm..

because their arm can extend 360 degress

Ok so Ancient healer isn't so OP, but ancient disruptor takes down your shields AND leaves you without energy so you cannot escape if he hits you and you can't even get close to the toxic ancient because he kills you and they also have alot of armor. This wouldn't really be a problem if they didn't spawn by the dozens! And when 2 ancient disruptors hit you your pretty much dead.

Dodge roll often, remember to use your powers, and get bolt weapons. Stay as mobile as possible and never attempt to melee a toxic ancient. Get a heavy weapon and charge melee healers and disruptors. They get stunned with each hit and got down in no time. They really don't spawn in large amounts all the time, so it could be just the one or two levels that you keep finding them on. Try a different level and see if there's many ancients there. Trust me. I had a problem with Shockwave Moas spawn in packs of 5 or 6 on a certain Mars level, but on every other level, they came alone or in pairs.

Ancients are perfectly easy for me at this point. I use a Boltor with +40% Damage and +30% Fire Rate and it mows them down, no problem. I also use a Scindo with +50% Charge Speed, +100% Charge Damage and +30% Fire Damage. Two or three charge attacks and they go down. It's all about how you prepare yourself.

i just hate how their arms act now

it's easily dodgeable before U7..

it's almost impossible to dodge unless in freeze now..

idk if this is intended or not..

but i feel this is kind of personal challenge for me

Ancients have always been able to attack from any angle and are just as easy to dodge as they've always been. As long as you keep moving they won't hit you. The only thing I don't like about it is how silly it looks with the tentacle going through the ancient's body.

Edited by Aggh

you know, their extended arm was previously dodgeable..

for now, it's almost impossible to dodge, you have to freeze them first to be able to dodge their extended arm..

because their arm can extend 360 degress

It's still easily dodgable. At least for me.

Dodge roll often, remember to use your powers, and get bolt weapons. Stay as mobile as possible and never attempt to melee a toxic ancient. Get a heavy weapon and charge melee healers and disruptors. They get stunned with each hit and got down in no time. They really don't spawn in large amounts all the time, so it could be just the one or two levels that you keep finding them on. Try a different level and see if there's many ancients there. Trust me. I had a problem with Shockwave Moas spawn in packs of 5 or 6 on a certain Mars level, but on every other level, they came alone or in pairs.

Ancients are perfectly easy for me at this point. I use a Boltor with +40% Damage and +30% Fire Rate and it mows them down, no problem. I also use a Scindo with +50% Charge Speed, +100% Charge Damage and +30% Fire Damage. Two or three charge attacks and they go down. It's all about how you prepare yourself.

Well if ancients come 1 by 1 then it is no problem but especially in defense missions for example IO after level 10 there are at least 12 ancients spawned at a time and sicne they have alot of hp with all the bolt weapons you still won't be able to take them down fast enough. Not to mention that there are crawlers, runners, leapers to worry about also. And it wouldn't be a prob if they didn't have the special abilities like disruptor which, again, can take down your shield and your energy leaving you exposed with no way to escape.

Compared to the Grineer def missions where the spawn is maybe 2 or 3 special units at a time and they aren't even that dangerous.

Well if ancients come 1 by 1 then it is no problem but especially in defense missions for example IO after level 10 there are at least 12 ancients spawned at a time and sicne they have alot of hp with all the bolt weapons you still won't be able to take them down fast enough.

Got a point there, I suppose. The only way to win is to have everyone with the same weapons, which is unlikely to happen unless you're playing a private match, and even then it still isn't easy. They might have to do something about the spawn rate then. In the meantime, why not play Grineer or Corpus defence missions instead?

Well if ancients come 1 by 1 then it is no problem but especially in defense missions for example IO after level 10 there are at least 12 ancients spawned at a time and sicne they have alot of hp with all the bolt weapons you still won't be able to take them down fast enough. Not to mention that there are crawlers, runners, leapers to worry about also. And it wouldn't be a prob if they didn't have the special abilities like disruptor which, again, can take down your shield and your energy leaving you exposed with no way to escape.

Compared to the Grineer def missions where the spawn is maybe 2 or 3 special units at a time and they aren't even that dangerous.

Get someone to have a Nyx when you run defense missions.

Makes it so much easier with infestation.

Just yesterday i had run a Valefor infestation defense and got to wave 25 where ALL the enimies where either chargers or ancients and all of them were lv70's.

You just have to be ready for it. and have the apporpriate gear

Get a lvl 30 gram, with 100% charge dmg or more and maxed melee dmg. No longer that OP!

In all honesty they are a bit OP though, the toxic dmg is waay too high I think.

Wasn't scindo the one more effective against infected? deals double dmg against them which can easily boosted further with charge dmg + charge spd to hit faster with charge.

and if u stack it with AP and Fire element, u will have an anti-infested mega axe slicing ancients in half in no time.

It's still easily dodgable. At least for me.

Ancients have always been able to attack from any angle and are just as easy to dodge as they've always been. As long as you keep moving they won't hit you. The only thing I don't like about it is how silly it looks with the tentacle going through the ancient's body.

aight, thanks, maybe it's just me getting noob..

coz indeed, it was easily dodgeable, i can dodge their tentacle without have to freezing them first..

as of now, i rarely managed to dodge their arm if they're not freezed..

just asking because my friend got same problem with me too..

Get someone to have a Nyx when you run defense missions.

Makes it so much easier with infestation.

Isn't the game supposed to be balanced so that you don't HAVE to have Nyx? I am aware that she is good with her Chaos ability, but that isn't a reason why Ancients aren't OP because we were 2 Embers, a Mag and an Excalibur in the defense mission and at wave 12 even with the fire blast we got attacked by disruptors and toxics, remained out of energy and shields and just completely died.

Isn't the game supposed to be balanced so that you don't HAVE to have Nyx? I am aware that she is good with her Chaos ability, but that isn't a reason why Ancients aren't OP because we were 2 Embers, a Mag and an Excalibur in the defense mission and at wave 12 even with the fire blast we got attacked by disruptors and toxics, remained out of energy and shields and just completely died.

Then learn to remain out of range of the disruptors, or stagger them with melee so they can't hit you with there disrupt.

A ring of fire will keep the chargers and smaller enemies off the cryopod and allow you to take out the ancients.

A mag can use either bullet attractor or Magnatize to help.

Magnatize will keep the shield on the cryopod up, while bullet attractor will help if you have people not wanting to close the distance to melee an ancient. You also have to remeber that Bladed weapons, such as the swords and Scindo do double damage against the infected.

^ This ^

Toxic's poison aura damage is somehow bugged.

Its not enough that it ticks for around 30 health/second ignoring armor and everything, it also gets "bugged up" (i have no idea what or how causes this) and can deal multiple times its damage in rapid succession.

I lost at times more than 100 health in the fraction of a second while having full shields.

Then learn to remain out of range of the disruptors, or stagger them with melee so they can't hit you with there disrupt.

A ring of fire will keep the chargers and smaller enemies off the cryopod and allow you to take out the ancients.

A mag can use either bullet attractor or Magnatize to help.

Magnatize will keep the shield on the cryopod up, while bullet attractor will help if you have people not wanting to close the distance to melee an ancient. You also have to remeber that Bladed weapons, such as the swords and Scindo do double damage against the infected.

When 8 ancients come at you along with other crawlers and other enemies you can't really take them out in time. Please just try defense at Io without Nyx and see how hard it is to even get past wave 10. Some crawlers or leapers don't even die after that wave from fire blast, even if i have it maxed and with power strenght+25.

Knock them down with heavy weapons, use strong weapons and aim for their legs and they will melt. And don't bring blunt weapons to infestation missions. Up to wave ~18/20 it is a cake walk, even without Nyx, just gotta have the right modded weapons and not low level stuff.