Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Vs. Scindo

Fapsterpiece

In my experience Scindo is slower but hits harder and has more range. I used it when it was released but then switched to Gram when Gram was really good. Now I don't know, they might have fixed Scindos slowness? I didn't like it but many do.

gram = lower normal hit, higher charge damage

scindo = higher normal hit, lower charge damage

They both have the same charge damage iirc.

@dragonboss I know of the wiki, but like Lactamid said, according to many other people Scindo feels slower even though they have the same charge speed. Also, I was curious as to whether or not Scindo had anything special in its j.attack since Gram's j.attack has a pretty large AoE knockdown effect.

Edited by Fapsterpiece

Gram imo. The faster normal attack lets you get in a quick swing on ancients so you can stun them and start charge attacking without having to worry about them getting in a quick tentacle. Probably would go scindo with loki or ash since you won't need to worry about that while invisible, the extra damage you can get from the new skin is a plus too.

Edited by Aggh

I used to prefer the Gram because of the higher attack rate for the basic attack. Though a bit lower on the basic melee damage, it was still enough to slice through most basic enemies when modded right so I prefered it when murdering Infestation. But my Gram has turned 30 now, so it had to be retired as is the law of the grind. So now, out of neccesarity, i have to use the Scindo in my Infestation runs. ;_;

I used to prefer the Gram because of the higher attack rate for the basic attack. Though a bit lower on the basic melee damage, it was still enough to slice through most basic enemies when modded right so I prefered it when murdering Infestation. But my Gram has turned 30 now, so it had to be retired as is the law of the grind. So now, out of neccesarity, i have to use the Scindo in my Infestation runs. ;_;

Any noticeable range differences?

Scindo user here, yet to tried gram so cant comment much about personal experience but so far from what i know scindo would be super effective against infected so if u are gonna go infested farming mods since they have higher drop rates, go for Scindo + charge spd + charge dmg + AP + element of your choice (ice/fire), u will do just fine charging up attacks, slicing them in half as u run through the dungeon.

Alright.

Gram - The Gram is a very good overall weapon, almost the same to the scindo exept it's a claymore instead of a battle-axe. The Gram has an overall smaller range then the gram, but not by much. I think the faster attack of it makes up for that, and the fact that the charge time is slightly faster. It's jump slam is a large Knock-down AOE.

Scindo - The Scindo, although being reletively slower then the Gram makes up for this in sheer stopping power, as it hits a higher base damage then the Gram. The charge damage is the same as the Gram but it has a slower charge time for heavy. (If not actually having it, then visually it is slower)

The Jump attack of the Scindo...feels smaller then the jump attack of the Gram, but also the Gram's jump attack appears to be stronger, as it always knocksdown Ancients, and the Scindo doesn't always do that.

On Preferance, I prefer the Gram for the overall aesthetics of the sword.