Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Mission ? Reward

Magabury

I like the idea of alert missions, and the chance at a random (Unless you have the Alert App), high quality reward, but I personally feel that there should be more alert missions that have the ? reward.

Earlier in the day yesterday there were quite a few ? alert missions, but after that I didn't see any, and there were no new ones on the alert app (Though this could be caused by a lack of people updating, because I don't have all missions unlocked, nor was I on all day).

What do you guys think about upping the amount of ? rewards? I don't mean to have them be super common, but a bit more common than they are now, especially with the amount of rewards that are picked through when the mission is posted.

Alerts are most of the time good credits, a question mark reward attached to it is just super nice. Special should be special, if every 2nd alert is a "?" alert, it won't make me jump in joy ;)

If you play regularly, you will see them quite often.

dagger axe skin for a ? today (even tho someone lead the rescue dude into the abyss of infested and we lost) and aurora helmet for frost yesterday, I'de say they are really giving alot away, thats 150 plat u coulda earned just from attending them.

Alerts are most of the time good credits, a question mark reward attached to it is just super nice. Special should be special, if every 2nd alert is a "?" alert, it won't make me jump in joy ;)

Like I said in my post, I don't want them to be extremely common, but having a couple early day, then nothing for the rest of the night is a bit ridiculous. If they're going to be scarce, at least spread them out over a 24 hour period, to accommodate to the varying schedules of the games player base.

+1

And they really should add a random reward for everyone, not the same for all, this makes things a bit more exciting!

I agree completely. At first, I thought they were random for everyone, except for the people who were in your mission group, but I quickly realized that the reward is random when the mission is posted, and everyone gets the same reward.

Well, while they can be fun (and I too like to do them occasionally) they are never worth it if you care about the money. Farming the boss in tolstoj is always at least twice as rewarding, and if you get a lengthy objective they are not even in the same league.

About the ? rewards, I too don't like the complete randomness at all. On average, it appears there are about 4 alerts every 24h, and the table for possible rewards is pretty spread out. I'd personally prefer a token system to what we have currently, but it seems the devs are working on an alternative solution right now anyway, so we might as well wait and see what they come up with.

Well, while they can be fun (and I too like to do them occasionally) they are never worth it if you care about the money. Farming the boss in tolstoj is always at least twice as rewarding, and if you get a lengthy objective they are not even in the same league.

About the ? rewards, I too don't like the complete randomness at all. On average, it appears there are about 4 alerts every 24h, and the table for possible rewards is pretty spread out. I'd personally prefer a token system to what we have currently, but it seems the devs are working on an alternative solution right now anyway, so we might as well wait and see what they come up with.

I'm hoping whatever they come up with works a bit better than the current system. It's not a bad system, by any means, but that's not to say there is no problems with it. The problem mostly being the fact that these alert missions can happen one after another, and then not happen again for, say, 24 hours.

I'd be okay with the rarity of ? rewards, if they were spread out a bit better, as to let people who have day jobs, or school, a chance to actually receive these rewards.

i think there should be "?" alerts and "??"/"???" alerts, with even better rewards. basicly, all blueprints would be split amongst them accordingly. now it may be a lil disappointing getting a pangolin sword. :D although it was nice to find myself a skin helmet.

i think there should be "?" alerts and "??"/"???" alerts, with even better rewards. basicly, all blueprints would be split amongst them accordingly. now it may be a lil disappointing getting a pangolin sword. :D although it was nice to find myself a skin helmet.

I'm actually going to disagree with this point. I think everyone would benefit more from more frequent ? rewards, or having the ? reward missions spread throughout the day.

You see them quite often? I barely saw 2or 3 alert missions yesterday with an ? reward and i stood alot on warframe, almost the whole day.

EDIT: At the moment i have been looking at warframe alerts missions for 6 hours to see the ones with the ? reward and there was only one with a useless ceramic dagger that i already had! Only 1 alert in 6 hours that if you don't check every 30 minutes you will probably miss it and it also gave a silly reward (for me at least).

Edited by Story4

You see them quite often? I barely saw 2or 3 alert missions yesterday with an ? reward and i stood alot on warframe, almost the whole day.

EDIT: At the moment i have been looking at warframe alerts missions for 6 hours to see the ones with the ? reward and there was only one with a useless ceramic dagger that i already had! Only 1 alert in 6 hours that if you don't check every 30 minutes you will probably miss it and it also gave a silly reward (for me at least).

Of course you won't see them quite often if you stay in same system and don't unlock new mission.. blue mission(already done) is good, yellow(not done, but can reach) is also good, but grey question square is bad - you won't get alerts from those, so go and unlock as many as you can, that will increase alerts numbers for you.

Honestly, I think they should make three categories of alert missions-the ? ones (which have the super rare blueprints/artifacts), high credit ones, and random rare mod ones with higher credits too. I mean you have three blanks! Use them all.

Of course you won't see them quite often if you stay in same system and don't unlock new mission.. blue mission(already done) is good, yellow(not done, but can reach) is also good, but grey question square is bad - you won't get alerts from those, so go and unlock as many as you can, that will increase alerts numbers for you.

Other than sedna and another system that is half done i have all of them unlocked. I highly doubt that alerts with ? appear by the hour in those systems.

Edited by Story4

What I noticed is that they apear more often when I have night time, maybe its coincidence, maybe not, different time zones...

Had 2 today with ?, and 1 yesterday in the evening, 2 at 3:50 am

Something had to be done with timing

Ok so at the moment i have been watching warframe for 12 hours and i have only seen 3 alert missions with ? reward. The problem is that i was looking constantly while other players won't do that and if they miss the 30 min gaps they can spend a whole day not getting a single ? reward.

Not to mention that i got a bunch of useless stuff, again, like duplicate artefacts and a ceramic dagger bp that i already had.

Ok so at the moment i have been watching warframe for 12 hours and i have only seen 3 alert missions with ? reward. The problem is that i was looking constantly while other players won't do that and if they miss the 30 min gaps they can spend a whole day not getting a single ? reward.

Not to mention that i got a bunch of useless stuff, again, like duplicate artefacts and a ceramic dagger bp that i already had.

Yeah, you can miss out on quite a few ? rewards in a very short amount of time, simply because the reward system is random. Sometimes they'll be spread throughout the day, others they'll clump up one after another, leaving the rest of the day with just credit rewards.