The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Claw Weapon Slide Attack Suggestions

Casardis

Back in the days, when Kogake came out, it had the same uppercut move as fists weapons. However, that was changed into a forward handspring kick.

Venka's current slide attack is the same uppercut as fists weapons, and I feel that it should also be different from them, especially when seeing all the shared animations (such as ground finisher, slam attack, etc). I have simple suggestions really, all based from the same source.

BkLGOo6.gif

- Fast spin attacks that, unlike other ones, can deal multihit as opposed to a single strike due to the Tenno executing two consecutive rapid spin slash. Similar to Wolverine's Tornado Claw in Capcom fighting games. Momentum won't be lost when using this (especially in the air).

80ByZvY.gif

- Drill Claw attack similar to Wolverine's move of the same name. Less CC, but can hit targets in a line multiple times, and possibly enemy weakpoints. Momentum won't be lost when using this (especially in the air).

EDIT:

cNiRdaW.gif

- Berserker Barrage can even act as a slide attack. I didn't want to suggest this at first since I thought it would be more fitting for Valkyr's new Hysteria, but eh, why not. This attack will allow for a larger coverage and accurate strikes, but will have the possibility of missing certain targets on the sides depending on where they are during each slash. In the way I see it, it may also make you lose momentum, so that would be the last one I would take to be honest.

EDIT 2:

I just realized this is a very similar post to another one in the animation thread. Linking it here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/253670-some-venka-malicious-raptor-animations-feedback

Edited by Casardis

@OP

Glad you found my post of interest, Casardis. I used those exact same sprites (minus the recoloration/addition of dash effects and rotation of the sprite) earlier in the other Venka thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/253670-some-venka-malicious-raptor-animations-feedback/#entry2935599

Oh damn, I didn't even see your post to be honest. Nice catch!