Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth 2.0 Please. (Hear Me Out)

JaysInc

So most people are upset on how stealth is virtually impossible to pull off for those who wish to play their games like ninjas (like how the game promotes it). People can go the traditional route and play solo; but for, people who want to play as a group, there is always going to be that one person who will go guns-blazing while everyone else on the team is just face-palming away. And yes, you can always go with your friends, but your friends won't be always on so that you can enjoy your stealth-killing antics. So I propose some additions that DE could possibly take under consideration of what Stealth 2.0 could feature.

Features:

-Stealth UI: So what the Stealth User Interface does is show how detectable you are to enemy combatants. It will stay green when no enemy has detected you, yellow if you have been spotted, and red to show that the whole area knows of your presence. So let's say you have been detected it will automatically go from green to yellow to show that you've been spotted in that vicinity, not the whole area. So if you kill everyone in that vicinity, it will revert back to green. The only way it will go to red if someone sounds the alarms, but it will be gradual increase from yellow to red for like 5-7 seconds so you will have to take out the guy sounding the alarm.

-Stealth Bonus: So if you manage to pull off the mission without detection, there will be some bonus rewards for doing so. Here is how it works.

---No detection: 2x pay bonus and exp bonus, increased RNG chance for rare equipment, and 2x increased item drop rate

---1 detection: 1.5x pay bonus and exp bonus, and 1.5x increased item drop

---2+ detections: 1x pay bonus and exp bonus, and 1x increased item drop

-Missions: Most missions you will find on the Star Map look like they could be done stealthily, so why bother adding new missions when you can implement this featuring already pre-existing ones.

---Extermination

---Spy

---Capture

---Assassination (???)

Any other reasons?

You guys already have Melee 2.0, Damage 2.0, and the upcoming Star Map 2.0, don't leave the Stealth mechanic without any 2.0 love.

So I hope you guys had taken your time to read this and I hope you could support it or better yet leave your ideas in what Stealth 2.0 could feature.

EDIT:

I am now aware that stealth 2.0 won't be implemented into the game, but it would be nice to see some of the features on here to be taken for consideration.

Edited by JaysInc

I am sorry but how does that address the problem you stated?

You say the problem with online stealth play is random (Which is true) but your suggestion has literally nothing to do with that problem.

Not saying your idea does not have merit but it is just odd that you state a problem and then ignore that you even mentioned it.

De have stated there will be no stealth 2.0 like with the other major reworks instead they are going to implement stealth slowly little by little. 

Edited by BrotherIcarus

I hate to be the dev fanboi, but they're 100% right. They can't just plop Stealth 2.0 into the game. It has to be added with lots of changes involving lots of systems. A.I. needs to be updated, level design needs to consider it, mission types need to be friendly so it's not just inferior... There shouldn't ever be a 'STEALTH 2.0' and if there ever is one, I would say the devs are just pandering.

Rescue 2.0 was a good baby step. No, it's not a 'stealth mission' like some people were hoping, but it shows they have stealth mechanics and it put stealth out there in the wild for people who really love stealth to give feedback on, even if only for one tile.

You say the problem with online stealth play is random (Which is true) but your suggestion has literally nothing to do with that problem.

Not saying your idea does not have merit but it is just odd that you state a problem and then ignore that you even mentioned it.

De have stated there will be no stealth 2.0 like with the other major reworks instead they are going to implement stealth slowly little by little. 

Well, I was trying to persuade people into using stealth with better rewards, but I do see what you're coming from with me ignoring it.

I'm not entirely on board here.  The reward system structure wouldn't provide much benefit with the 2x affinity and credits due to the fact that running missions stealthily causes fewer foes to spawn as well as causing missions to take longer.  Beyond that, the end mission reward "parts" are generally either void things which are too specific to generally just weight since one cannot know what the player needs to gain, and the during mission rewards are basically limited to mods.  So, as mentioned you're already fighting fewer foes, which means less chances at mods to begin with.

Besides, people should want to stealth things out of enjoyment rather than rewards.  Otherwise they won't actively do it for fun.

The problem is rather a lack of an enjoyable way to handle things stealthily from my perspective.  Sometimes the tilesets have interesting shortcuts but most are very straightforward and don't reward exploration.  The Specters of Liberty event provided a good way to utilze stealth as well as having added special rooms with shortcuts.  At the end of the day though a lot of Warframe is grinding, so once people know the route once they just repeat it.

Adding specialized stealth missions is okay, but a stealth 2.0 isn't really warranted.  Despite this game's slogan, we've always been more marine-like than ninja-esque.

I hate to be the dev fanboi, but they're 100% right. They can't just plop Stealth 2.0 into the game. It has to be added with lots of changes involving lots of systems. A.I. needs to be updated, level design needs to consider it, mission types need to be friendly so it's not just inferior... There shouldn't ever be a 'STEALTH 2.0' and if there ever is one, I would say the devs are just pandering.

Rescue 2.0 was a good baby step. No, it's not a 'stealth mission' like some people were hoping, but it shows they have stealth mechanics and it put stealth out there in the wild for people who really love stealth to give feedback on, even if only for one tile.

Well, I guess I didn't realize that....  :/

So most people are upset on how stealth is virtually impossible to pull off for those who wish to play their games like ninjas (like how the game promotes it). People can go the traditional route and play solo; but for, people who want to play as a group, there is always going to be that one person who will go guns-blazing while everyone else on the team is just face-palming away. And yes, you can always go with your friends, but your friends won't be always on so that you can enjoy your stealth-killing antics. So I propose some additions that DE could possibly take under consideration of what Stealth 2.0 could feature.

Features:

-Stealth UI: So what the Stealth User Interface does is show how detectable you are to enemy combatants. It will stay green when no enemy has detected you, yellow if you have been spotted, and red to show that the whole area knows of your presence. So let's say you have been detected it will automatically go from green to yellow to show that you've been spotted in that vicinity, not the whole area. So if you kill everyone in that vicinity, it will revert back to green. The only way it will go to red if someone sounds the alarms, but it will be gradual increase from yellow to red for like 5-7 seconds so you will have to take out the guy sounding the alarm.

-Stealth Bonus: So if you manage to pull off the mission without detection, there will be some bonus rewards for doing so. Here is how it works.

---No detection: 2x pay bonus and exp bonus, increased RNG chance for rare equipment, and 2x increased item drop rate

-Missions: Most missions you will find on the Star Map look like they could be done stealthily, so why bother adding new missions when you can implement this featuring already pre-existing ones.

---Extermination

---Spy

---Capture

---Assassination (???)

Any other reasons?

You guys already have Melee 2.0, Damage 2.0, and the upcoming Star Map 2.0, don't leave the Stealth mechanic without any 2.0 love.

So I hope you guys had taken your time to read this and I hope you could support it or better yet leave your ideas in what Stealth 2.0 could feature.

I love the Tenchu of it.

Besides, people should want to stealth things out of enjoyment rather than rewards.  Otherwise they won't actively do it for fun.

Sure in a perfect world this would be the case but the world/game is not perfect, I could play a slow stealth mission or run about 3 fast missions. I love running stealth missions but there is literally no reason to do so, even to the point were I lose out on affinity and credits by playing that way thus there should be a multiplier added to killing while undetected. 

Putting more rewards to the people that gone stealth, you will gave them a REASON to don't go SHOOTING every where :D.

Yes they would have a reason not to shoot does that mean they wont shoot? Probably not. They will play the way they want to and running and gunning is very popular so even if these changes were implemented you would still have to run stealth mission with friends or solo.

I don't see anything wrong with the intent of the idea presented in the OP. I think for an overarching stealth goal there should be a reward for being tactical and methodical through a mission. It should also be as simple as possible.

With that in mind, I am not sure about the detection mechanic. Having the UI change color based on detection I feel is unnecessary, because that will take up too much space.I'm not even sure the enemy AI has that capability currently. Rather, all that I think we would need is a forced waypoint on that one "runner" we all see rushing to the console. This would encourage tactical players to feel pressured that they just need to take out that one guy to prevent sounding the alarm.

Now, the detection count should display somewhere just so players know if they've blown it. Maybe the map could spawn heavy units as a QRF kill team as more alarms are sounded, increasing the difficulty.

Again, I like the intent. But just like the Devs have been doing, our ideas should be baby steps in the right direction with the foundation that's already there.

Edited by Garuda112

Features:

---Extermination

---Spy

---Capture

---Assassination (???)

Any other reasons?

EDIT:

I am now aware that stealth 2.0 won't be implemented into the game, but it would be nice to see some of the features on here to be taken for consideration.

See this is not going to be stealth 2.0 this is (imo) stealth 1.0. The are very few stealth positives in this game  but this sounds like a half decent idea which could be modified by de to be made a little more reasonable. Why more reasonable? well you could Loki (or Ash) stealth everywhere and get what you say is double everything (+the increase rng) and would be good the way it is presented. This would be horribly unbalanced and very easy to manipulate in which way you want it to be. (But it could be refined and made very interesting in a way.) 

Nice idea, could never happen though. 

For those of you have played crysis 3, I think the "stealth meter" is the kind of thing he is getting at.

EDIT:

Wouldnt this make frames like loki and ash too OP as then when somebody wanted to farm, they would use them as you can have RNGesus on your side and get rare stuff more easily.

Edited by BluberryKnoob

His idea is to directly reward stealth play though there is a flaw in it with detetion

If it goes by the alarm then people will just make sure to wipe enemies out faster while theyre rushing

If stealth can be implemented without harming the pace of the game, DE would already implemented it. Game is too fast paced to have proper stealth without hurting the game itself.

Stelath needs implementation but with different game modes.

Features:

---Extermination

---Spy

---Capture

---Assassination (???)

Any other reasons?

EDIT:

i would like it just without a detection meter that would remove the challenge of it