Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lacking Neutrals.

Bloody_Canvas

It be Cap'n Sleepy Beard here lads. I noticed that there be few, if only two neutrals in this conflict between the honorable tenno, and the other scurvy dogs, that we encounter in battle. The vicious wild creatures of Earth and Phobos. I feel, that we be needing some more neutrals. The corpus dogs be needing small repair machines that just fly around their merry way, getting caught in the crossfire. 

The Grineer clone army be needing more recruits and technical officers, for Cap'n Sleepy Beard doubts that front line grunts be adequately trained to manage an entire fleet of war ships. 

The infested be needing some smaller things, spider like things that be working the hives while the hoard protects its home.

All these blubbering ai would make this booty filled game a wee bit more dynamic. While they not be needed, it'd be interesting.

It be Cap'n Sleepy Beard here lads. I noticed that there be few, if only two neutrals in this conflict between the honorable tenno, and the other scurvy dogs, that we encounter in battle. The vicious wild creatures of Earth and Phobos. I feel, that we be needing some more neutrals. The corpus dogs be needing small repair machines that just fly around their merry way, getting caught in the crossfire. 

Translation: the Cap'n here wants more 'neutral' targets that attack indiscriminately, such as the Skates and the Feral Kubrows.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Okay first of all if you want people to take your thread seriously drop the pirate roleplay the fact that I understood the original post perfectly is scaring me.

Secondly I like your idea of neutral repair crew/bots it would help the maps feel more like a enemy base instead of a random series of tilesets that are just there to give us something to shoot at.

I really support this idea. One thing that can add to game lore without saying a word is the addition of netrual/passive units. They give life to the environment and give explanation or story to the environment. Repair bots say that the Corpus cares about maintaining their bases. Transport drones infer that there are beases nearby in need of supplies or crew. Heck, even the Corpus AI voice that used to be on ships helped.

I am all in favor of these neutral mobs. Now I think the discussion should go towards what types of units to add. I recommend that you add to the OP (err, your ship's log) a list of ideas. It might help this thread get more attention. Really, such an idea shouldn't be ignored.

While I think more neutrals will be coming out eventually, what has been described aren't neutrals  I don't think a Corpus repair bot will attack Corpus members if it gets hit by crossfire.  Kubrows and Skates are just as likely to attack the enemy as they are to attack you.  Hence their neutral status.  Ships would not have a neutral party, unless there was some kind of three-way battle between Corpus/Grineer and say, an Infested invasion, where all sides are trying to kill each other.  Planet tile-sets would be more likely to have them, however, and I can foresee having some kind of yeti-like creature (or vicious mountain goat) on the snowy/arctic worlds.  It is possible (though I think, unlikely) that you could have some kind of mutant sludge monsters in the shipyards, though I doubt this would be a realistically viable option.

So long as neutrals remain neutral, that is fine.

On the other hand, the Kubrows feel, to me, way OP for a neutral faction.  They are, by far, a lot more dangerous than the Grineer/Infested that I am supposed to be facing on Earth, and taking them down often becomes a higher priority than taking out the enemy I am there to face.  Kubrows are both tougher than and do more damage than the other enemies, which I think is a poor balance issue.  I hope that any future neutrals will have a better sense of balance if added in the future.

Edit for afterthought:

Unless this is pre-planning for the whole "raise a kubrow" function of the Genetics Lab.  Maybe the super kubrows were designed as such to make the acquisition of kubrow eggs more difficult?  Not sure, but this might explain them.

Edited by Viverim

While I think more neutrals will be coming out eventually, what has been described aren't neutrals  I don't think a Corpus repair bot will attack Corpus members if it gets hit by crossfire.

I think instead of neutrals that are just another enemy to blast through it would be nice to have passive mobs that add depth to the world. In the same vein, it would be cool if enemies had idle animations like moving boxes around or fixing control panels.

is it weird that i undertood your post perfectly?

Also, im all for this idea. If this becomes a thing i  would go on a tileset in my loki prime just stay invis and watch the passive mobs

Nay, it only be weird if ye can't understand what the Cap'n be saying. (There be a lot o' weirdies, too, and it rustles my jimmies shivers me timbers)

It really isn't hard.

However, stalking NPC's would definitely be considered weird.

While I think more neutrals will be coming out eventually, what has been described aren't neutrals  I don't think a Corpus repair bot will attack Corpus members if it gets hit by crossfire. 

Their inability to attack anyone is what makes them neutral, and I would prefer NPC's that present no threat rather than more enemies that would just chase us around and annoy us (like the Feral Kubrows). (What Vaugahn said)

with tenno around  it always  a combat zone where no civilians are recognized ; After all where the bad guys with 10s to 100s of thousands of kills under each tenno   

Point of fact i broke 1 million+ kills a few months ago  

Edited by Ravel7

Their inability to attack anyone is what makes them neutral, and I would prefer NPC's that present no threat rather than more enemies that would just chase us around and annoy us (like the Feral Kubrows). (What Vaugahn said)

Then what you want isn't "neutrals".  You want "Non-Combatants".

Different things.