Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Hey I just found something from a Taiwanese forum, Bahamut.

Some say the shares PW bought will not be greater than 33.3%, and they may only have a chance to takeover if DE starts to lose so much money after 5 years.

In addtion, PW has agreed that they won't have any influence over DE's decisions.

Btw I don't really know the name of that specific type of shares PW bought in English, but they carry the characteristics stated in my seond sentence.

Therefore, we're good.

If there are white knights, then I'm pretty sure they've been drowned out by the extreme amounts of hate and pessimism in this thread. I've seen a couple, and I'm personally trying to take the stance of "trust DE to know what the hell they're doing" but it seems like that's kind of an unpopular opinion.

I would believe they'd think I'm calling them out for a trap, but no I'm not really.  Well I was but I'm not any more.  I really want to know why this might be a good thing.   

One of my favorite gaming companies are going through something..so I just want a clear understanding overall about business practices like this.........

The Power of a Dollar...

No, the misinformation that is going on here is that assumption that two large companies like PW and Sumpoo foods would be just making an investment to have influence.  PW alone has bought studios (Cryptic studios) and has bought controlling interests in studios (runic).  The assumption that they would need to make a joint purchase of stock with another large company merely to have influence in another studio is silly.

Oh really?

Please tell me how, "There's no way that they only want to invest in DE! x, y, and z"

Is less of an assumption than, "These are the facts about what we know. Here are all the terms explained. It's not possible for them to take over the company rather than through an agreement."

Please do. Please.

Just remember this you guys....

Our devs which art in ontario

Hallowed be thy names

Thy deep space come

Thy missions be done

On Earth as it is in Sedna

Give us this day our daily log in rewards

And forgive us of our spamming in global chat

As we forgive those who speedrun ahead of us

And we protect the noobs we assisted

But deliver us from boredom

For yours is the galaxy, the orokin void, and the devstream couch

Forever and ever...

Amen

Beautiful.

Some say the shares PW bought will not be greater than 33.3%, and they may only have a chance to takeover if DE starts to lose so much money after 5 years.

In addtion, PW has agreed that they won't have any influence over DE's decisions.

Btw I don't really know the name of that specific type of shares PW bought in English, but they carry the characteristics stated in my seond sentence.

Therefore, we're good.

If that's true, that's horrible!

If PWE starts investing, they aren't stopping.

It was fun while it lasted, DE.

Just remember this you guys....

Our devs which art in ontario

Hallowed be thy names

Thy deep space come

Thy missions be done

On Earth as it is in Sedna

Give us this day our daily log in rewards

And forgive us of our spamming in global chat

As we forgive those who speedrun ahead of us

And we protect the noobs we assisted

But deliver us from boredom

For yours is the galaxy, the orokin void, and the devstream couch

Forever and ever...

Amen

amen.

If this was "already planned" then they would've had a statement ready to go if they have anyone even remotely skilled in PR.

They can't say anything about a possible M&A until either a deal is done or PWE decides to announce their offer, or risk action by the SEC. Which is most likely why we might not get a official response for days.

Judging from what I've seen so far, this was already planned. This was in their hotfix a week ago.

"Our digital certificate has been renewed and players may notice the name change from “Digital Extremes” to “Digital Extremes Ltd.”

Yeah.  That had me raising an eyebrow when I saw it.  Nothing good can come from PWE being involved with DE/WF.

They wouldn't be getting more than half of the business is what is being said. Do you really think a private company would make that much of their shares available as outstanding shares? (the outstanding shares is stock the company issues to be invested in from that I've read.) They'd might as well be a public company and get taken over outright.

You don't need a majority of shares to have a controlling interest.

Therefore, we're good.

Our tenno prayers have been answered!!!!!

ahahaha..yeah right..Zombie faught the hardest against PWE's monitzation strategy, and it was still a gigantic money sink, it took almost a year to be able to buy things not rent with in game currency. And even then the prices..holy @(*()$ S#&$, you think farming for a loki prime is bad. HAHA, try earning enough GP for a good bolt action build.

aggh where are you when I need you?

Just going to point out that while PWE has monetized most of their games in a way that drastically favored cash spending, Blacklight in fact suffers from the opposite problem.  They made everything too cheap and about 1% of their users actually buy anything with cash.

Therefore, we're good.

That needs to be spoken by no less than Sheldon at this point. Maybe even the DE CEO needs to visit the dev stream or the live stream tomorrow night.

If there are white knights, then I'm pretty sure they've been drowned out by the extreme amounts of hate and pessimism in this thread. I've seen a couple, and I'm personally trying to take the stance of "trust DE to know what the hell they're doing" but it seems like that's kind of an unpopular opinion.

You can still take that opinion without sounding so aggressive. I'm not attacking you, infact I'd like to agree with you, but you should calm down.

Therefore, we're good.

Have a link to that?

Therefore, we're good.

So are there players who actually want PW/PWE to take over?

I'm just confused because I don't see any more White Knights?  Are they off slaying dragons?  Where did they go?

There has to be one person that can explain why this might be better?  If that person can care to explain, it might help others understand what DE is/are potentially doing.  Until we get final word of course.

The only "White Knights", as you call us, around this day are those of us opposing this acquisition.  And there are apparently a lot of us.

You can still take that opinion without sounding so aggressive. I'm not attacking you, infact I'd like to agree with you, but you should calm down.

Sorry, sorry. I admit, I did get aggressive there.

Guess I let my frustration with all of this get the better of me.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! NO.

I'm sorry, but this is the same exact rhetoric that Cryptic put on the forums before PWE came in to play. The same exact crap. "Old-School" gamers who have been through the SOE Star Wars Galaxies NGE event, Cryptic selling CoH, Cryptic again selling STO/CO and going from subscriptions to F2P. Funcom and AoC and TSW, even Everquest 2 and SWTOR. What getting said is nothing and thats to protect both parties interests. Its not conspiracy, its business.

What other copy/paste standard statements come later?

"This will provide us a better way to offer you customer support."

"This will provide us to continue to develop the game you all love and have put so much time and effort into."

"This is why we promise to continue to keep updating on a regular basis and nothing will change."

"We will keep the lines of communication open as we always have, you the players are the most important, without you we have no game."

You sir, sound like you just simply lack the experience I speak of perhaps or youre simply indifferent. Not your fault, but to call out others as overreacting and pankied is silly. People here are worried about the partner that DE is even considering to entertain and with good reasons. People are listing those valid reasons and letting other players know just who DE is having dinner with. Nothing wrong with that and no one has said anything false or over exaggerated when speaking about PW/PWE and its business models and games.

A 1% interest is not enough ROI for a publisher. Especially PW and its many different regional tendrils. Just because nothing has officially happened yet does not mean it will not. And by then, its done and over with so who cares; new players > veteran players. Were TIRED of getting blindsided by these kind of deals. We ALWAYS leverage the overhead costs -always; we have never seen any savings since Digital Distribution -ever.

All I know is that this time around, I'm documenting all the posts by Devs and Community moderators. Wish I did it with past games that have fallen, because those posts are either lost or have been deleted on purpose(which was the case with STO and PWE).

And not trying to sound like a badass, but I still communicate with an ex-STO developer that left Cryptic when PWE took over because "This is, I think, is the inevitable result of a business strategy that sees customers as resources to mine rather than, well, customers." All they did was request time-gated, money grab P2W development solutions. THATS who PW/PWE is.

I'd rather be labeled a tinfoil hat, overreacting lunatic that can still log into DE's Warframe than be right. I'm down with that. Flame away.

I have to agree with this. I've seen what PW and PWE do to companies, particularly because of Cryptic. Cryptic said everything would be okay, and that nothing much would change. Suddenly lockboxes and locked content everywhere, and slow updates. City of Heroes is barely updated much anymore, I believe.

And let's not even get started about Rusty Hearts...that's effectively dead now since PWE effectively killed it.

Edited by Gunblazer42