Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe(S) Immune To Their Corresponding Element.

(PSN)andre54321

I'm almost %100 sure this has been posted in the past, however I believe this should really be implemented. If not immunity, element damage corresponding to the Warframe should be reduced/nulled.

Ember - Should be immune or take significantly less amount of damage from any fire based attacks.

Frost - Should be immune or take significantly less amount of damage from any ice based attacks.

Saryn - Should be immune or take significantly less amount of damage from any toxic based attacks.

Volt - Should be immune or take significantly less amount of damage from any electricity based attacks.

I can't think of any more, but I think this would be a unique addition and actually allow certain Warframes to be used much more frequently in certain situations.

Edit: Honestly, it doesn't even make sense how Saryn can channel high powered toxic attacks, yet dies from toxic Ancients who have a small AoE.

Edited by (PS4)andre54321

have been ask many,many,many,many times before and i think the answer is either no or they ll think about it later

Yeah, I was sure about that, but I just wanted to bump it and see any recent response as I couldn't find any that were actually replied to by staff.

Maybe if someone can link me a thread in the past that was replied and the question was answered I would understand :)

Would give a huge edge to these frames. Imagine Saryn not giving a care for poison clouds...

Not to mention how the other frames would be left out...

Saryn honestly is very good for her Miasma, but other than that she lacks in a lot of attributes. I'm sure lots use her, but I don't see anyone in a full day of playing Warframe using her. This would just increase the use for some Warframes that are buried (I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying volt/saryn/ember are definitely underused. I understand lots of people like them, I just never see people using them as much :L

Remember, she doesn't need total immunity, but It's very strange watching a Saryn die from poison AoE.

I had an idea about these frames and the innate resistances. What if, along with 50% resistance, the frames would gain something to do with their powers when affected by the elements?

Frost: 50% ice immunity, and gains +50% power strength during ice proc.

Volt: 50% electricity immunity, and gains 5 power per second affected by electricity proc.

Saryn: 50% poison immunity, and gains +50% power strength during poison proc.

Ember: 50% fire immunity, and gains 5 power per second affected by fire proc.

This would give these frames a nice edge. Frost, Volt, Saryn, and Ember aren't the most common end game frames, and these buffs could help them fare better against higher level enemies.

They had this idea on the freeze ray in devstream 32 and complementary elements should not force warframes take damage because of it, either way, that would make some warframes completely invulnerable, like how ember is invincible against sargas ruk, sure ember is rewarded by killing him, but still she becomes invulnerable, same for saryn is invulnerable to infested.

Okay, maybe being invulnerable is asking for too much, but like I said: Saryn shouldn't be able to cause mass damage using toxin from her abilities, yet die from an AoE that does 30-60 dmg per second, it just doesn't make sense.

I really like TheStag's idea, but feel they should just take a reduced amount of damage -/- %50 or more would make it suitable to use certain frames in different locations. 

Another example, Frost is slow enough; when walking on ice he shouldn't be affected as much making him even walk slower when it's his own element!

Saryn honestly is very good for her Miasma, but other than that she lacks in a lot of attributes. I'm sure lots use her, but I don't see anyone in a full day of playing Warframe using her. This would just increase the use for some Warframes that are buried (I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying volt/saryn/ember are definitely underused. I understand lots of people like them, I just never see people using them as much :L

Remember, she doesn't need total immunity, but It's very strange watching a Saryn die from poison AoE.

Following that logic, it's strange to see a Nekros die, period. Or a Nyx taking radiation procs (MC thing), or a Mag being affected by magnetic auras/procs. If you want this to happen, EVERY frame must be affected, and it means some of them would be HUGELY overpowered.